Jesse Ventura Wins 1.8mil against Chris Kyle (Read 2610 times)

BLKDRGN

Jesse Ventura Wins 1.8mil against Chris Kyle
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/07/29/jesse-ventura-wins-1-8-million-in-damages-against-chris-kyle-slain-navy-seal-sniper/

What do you think about it? This is what I gathered so far. Jesse asked Kyle while he was alive to admit he lied about the issue. If so he will drop the lawsuit and that Kyle would have to pay for Jesse's attorney fees. Kyle refused. Then Kyle was murdered (hmm). Jesse continues to sue since he is a public figure and said he lost out on past, current, and possible future jobs. He sues Kyle's estate and not Kyle's wife. Isn't that almost the same as that money would have went to the wife? IDK? Anyways Jesse wins 1.8 million. Correct me if I'm wrong with any info. I'm not picking a side so don't flame me.
Google it cause every question is a dumb question.

hvybarrels

Re: Jesse Ventura Wins 1.8mil against Chris Kyle
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:06 AM »
Nobody wins.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Garuda

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
My understanding is the money is coming from the book publisher, not the widow. 

It's an unfortunate situation because It affected Ventura's reputation, and Kyle's death was strange.

The scary thing is if you read the comments about this, is how clueless a lot of posters are.  It's pretty much a witch hunt, and lawsuit dropped or not, Ventura's reputation will never be the same. Herd mentality is scary. 

Bottom line is I see no winners in this case. 

mauidog

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:16:48 PM »
If Ventura had dropped the lawsuit upon Kyle's death out of respect, he would have earned more reputation points than any admission of lying from Kyle would have.

Now, after winning money after his death, Ventura gets no admission of lying, and looks like a pr*ck.

Ventura has done more damage to his own reputation than anything Kyle did while he was alive.

Sometimes you win by walking away.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

BLKDRGN

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
You don't think walking away people would think that Jesse was admitting he did it? To win this type of judgement is very hard to do especially by 8-2. He must have had some great proof for the jury to believe him. You think he could save face by donating that money to some charity? Don't get me wrong, I still think Jesse is a nut job with his whole conspiracy theories.
Google it cause every question is a dumb question.

causa mortis

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
I used to respect Jesse Ventura back in the day with his libertarian views, but he's gone full on whacko with his 9/11 truther garbage and now this.

I don't doubt for a second that he said what he said to Chris Kyle and was subsequently decked for it.

Q

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:58:29 PM by Q »