Ah the paid climate change/polution denying members are at it again (Read 116784 times)

punaperson

Re: Ah the paid climate change/polution denying members are at it again
« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
So, I think I understand global warming climate change "climate crisis"now... if it gets warmer, or colder, more ice and snow, less ice and snow, drier, wetter, or anything... it's caused by the global crisis climate. It's really simple. I get it now. How could I have ever doubted that "theory"?

Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/01/04/al-gore-bitter-cold-is-exactly-what-we-should-expect-from-the-climate-crisis/

A few excerpts (include links to references):

Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

Flashback 2000: ‘Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past’ – ‘Children just aren’t going to know what snow is’ – UK Independent

Predictions of less snow and less severe winters were hammered into the public by global warming scientists. But once that predictions failed to come true, the opposite of what they predicted instead became—what they expected.

‘Insanity…It’s Witchcraft’ – Meteorologist Joe Bastardi on claims that cold & snow caused by ‘global warming’ – WeatherBell Meteorologist Joe Bastardi on January 4, 2018: “This is flat out insanity and deception now To tell the public that events that have occurred countless times before with no climate change attribution, is now just that, is not science, its witchcraft. NO PROOF AT ALL. Its climate ambulance chasing, nothing more.”
Bastardi added: “This has happened countless times before and it wasn’t global warming then and is not now. Solid use of past patterns predicted major early cold from OCTOBER! I have tweeted that dozens of times showing the analog years I used, No co2 then.”

Global Warming Is Not Causing Harsh Winter Weather  Excerpts: Kevin Trenberth, a scientist with the National Center for Atmospheric Research, said “winter storms are a manifestation of winter, not climate change.” …
“Such claims make no sense and are inconsistent with observations and the best science,” University of Washington climatologist Cliff Mass said of claims made by Mann and others. “The frequency of cold waves have decreased during the past fifty years, not increased. That alone shows that such claims are baseless.” “And on a personal note, it is very disappointing that members of my profession are making such obviously bogus claims,” Mass said. “It hurts the science, it hurts the credibility of climate scientists, and weakens our ability to be taken seriously by society."

hvybarrels

« Reply #361 on: January 06, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »
The problem with focusing on temperature is that it allows the paid climate skeptics to point the oil-soaked finger of accusation every time a winter storm comes along and shout "HA! It's all lies!"

The headline here should be destabilization. More heat puts more moisture in the atmosphere creating more intense storms. These storms move both hot and cold air in ways that are wildly unpredictable, but devastating none the less. If you want to see the effects of climate change check out what's happening in the world of insurance and disaster relief programs. A few more years like the last one and most of us will be on our own when it comes to cleanup.

What's more damaging to climate science credibility is that the scientists themselves insist that everybody else needs to do something, but very few of them take steps in their own lives. Is Gore willing to downscale his mansion and stop flying around the world on private jets? Hell no, but he's asking people in coal country to abandon their jobs. No wonder people hate him so much. That goes for every annoying climate science preacher who has lots of nasty words for deniers but refuse to accept responsibility themselves. If they want people to listen they should be leading by example.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #362 on: January 06, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
The problem with focusing on temperature is that it allows the paid climate skeptics to point the oil-soaked finger of accusation every time a winter storm comes along and shout "HA! It's all lies!"

The headline here should be destabilization. More heat puts more moisture in the atmosphere creating more intense storms. These storms move both hot and cold air in ways that are wildly unpredictable, but devastating none the less. If you want to see the effects of climate change check out what's happening in the world of insurance and disaster relief programs. A few more years like the last one and most of us will be on our own when it comes to cleanup.

What's more damaging to climate science credibility is that the scientists themselves insist that everybody else needs to do something, but very few of them take steps in their own lives. Is Gore willing to downscale his mansion and stop flying around the world on private jets? Hell no, but he's asking people in coal country to abandon their jobs. No wonder people hate him so much. That goes for every annoying climate science preacher who has lots of nasty words for deniers but refuse to accept responsibility themselves. If they want people to listen they should be leading by example.

Your finger need to understand, the telling point of all this is, the scientists did not PREDICT "destabilization."  They first predicted cooling.  Then warming.  Then glaciers melting, seas rising, and on and on.  What they are doing now is assigning a canned response to a current weather event.  That's not only unsupported by any scientific proof (where's the data explaining the conditions compared to any other super-cold year?), it's also disproven by the renewed call to tax everyone under the  "carbon credit" bullcrap.

Leading by example?  You assume these people getting rich off the Chicken Little routine care about anything other than wealth.  Al Gore admitted that the Paris Accord would not fix Climate Change, yet it's predicted that agreement would rob the US of enough wealth to keep our economy stagnant.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2018, 01:26:47 AM »
Parts of Houston will never be rebuilt an the people who left won't have anything to come back to. They are our country's first climate refugees. Soon other coastal cities will follow the same pattern. Too expensive to rebuild just to have it wash away again. As more of the population gets displaced and essentially services disrupted eventually there won't be any more wealth to hold on to.

You are right about one thing. Political solutions won't help. It's already too late.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2018, 01:42:59 AM »
Parts of Houston will never be rebuilt an the people who left won't have anything to come back to. They are our country's first climate refugees. Soon other coastal cities will follow the same pattern. Too expensive to rebuild just to have it wash away again. As more of the population gets displaced and essentially services disrupted eventually there won't be any more wealth to hold on to.

You are right about one thing. Political solutions won't help. It's already too late.

Houston was the first location to experience weather that destroyed buildings that were not immediately replaced?

North Carolina outer banks
Florida
South Carolina
Louisiana
Mississippi
Mexico
California
The Northern Seaboard

My memory seems to contain weather events in all those locations that destroyed property, much of which was never rebuilt within a decade or more, if ever.

Sometimes people don't return because they used what they received in support plus the resources they still had to settle elsewhere and make a fresh start.  It's not that the place is uninhabitable.  It's that the cleanup, infrastructure repair, and creation of replacement housing won't materialize overnight.  In the meantime, people have lives to live and jobs to work. 

First climate refugees?  I don't think so.  Same story, different storm, different place.
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
One hallmark of "science" is the falsifiability principle: There must be some data/facts that if discovered would render the proposed hypothesis false. If ALL weather and climate data (cooling, warming, extreme rainfall, extreme drought, more than average extreme weather events, fewer than average extreme weather events, etc. etc. etc.) are ALL claimed to be indicators that verify the "global warming"/"global climate change"/"global climate crisis" hypothesis, that means there is no data of any kind of events that could falsify the hypothesis. No matter what happens, it proves the hypothesis. It is thus unfalsifiable. It is thus not science.

hvybarrels

« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:11 AM »
The first question is if globally the climate is becoming less stable, which shouldn't be difficult to confirm. Then look for what has changed that might have caused it, which seems pretty obvious when you look at all the evidence.

We burned through more than half the earth's stored hydrocarbons in about a hundred years, and as a result our herd population exploded to levels completely unsustainable without massive energy extraction. It's a huge failure in social planning.

The people pushing junk science are the ones who stand to profit most burning through the other half and maintaining that dysfunctional status quo until it blows up in our face.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »

That is one of the reasons I lost faith in the climate change denier side. I realized that most of their proofs were anecdotal. I remember an example where they showed some glacier actually grew recently but what they left out was that out of something like 30 glaciers tracked only a couple grew and the rest shrunk significantly.

London808

« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2018, 08:24:51 PM »
The first question is if globally the climate is becoming less stable, which shouldn't be difficult to confirm. Then look for what has changed that might have caused it, which seems pretty obvious when you look at all the evidence.

We burned through more than half the earth's stored hydrocarbons in about a hundred years, and as a result our herd population exploded to levels completely unsustainable without massive energy extraction. It's a huge failure in social planning.

The people pushing junk science are the ones who stand to profit most burning through the other half and maintaining that dysfunctional status quo until it blows up in our face.

The problem with that is that we have no idea what the weather was like beyond a few hundred years. Yes their is some written history of past weather but no accuracy or measurements.

An interesting theory is the Milankovitch cycles.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

punaperson

« Reply #369 on: March 13, 2018, 08:57:58 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/12/in-startling-reversal-scientific-american-counsels-people-to-chill-out-over-global-warming/

In Startling Reversal, Scientific American Counsels People to ‘Chill Out’ over Global Warming

Excerpts:

Apocalyptic scenarios attributed to global warming are simply false and the human race will be able to accommodate whatever “climate change” throws at us, claims a remarkably sober new essay in Scientific American.
The essay, penned by John Horgan, the director of the Center for Science Writings at the Stevens Institute of Technology, analyzes two recent reports by “ecomodernists” who reject climate panic and frame the question of climate change and humanity’s ability to cope with it in radically new terms.

One of the reports, a work called “Enlightened Environmentalism” by Harvard iconoclast Steven Pinker, urges people to regain some much-needed perspective on climate, especially in the context of the overwhelming material benefits of industrialization.
The second report put forward by Horgan is a recent article by Will Boisvert titled “The Conquest of Climate,” which contends that the “consequences for human well-being will be small” even if human greenhouse emissions significantly warm the planet.

Boisvert, who has been described as a “left-wing environmental expert, is no “climate denier,” yet he calls for climate alarmists to take a deep breath and step back from doomsday forecasts that likely have little to do with what will actually take place in the future.
While climate skeptics will welcome this gust of common sense wafting in from the Scientific American, establishment climate alarmists will undoubtedly seek to quash the news, knowing it could affect not only the funding they depend on, but the ideologically driven political programs they seek to impose on the world.

After all, if the world is not under imminent peril from climate change, who will listen to—and fund—the prophets of doom?

robtmc

« Reply #370 on: March 13, 2018, 10:24:07 AM »
Still waiting for my paycheck after all this time. 

Wonder if that millennial idiot that started this thread could speed it up?

Inspector

« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/12/in-startling-reversal-scientific-american-counsels-people-to-chill-out-over-global-warming/

In Startling Reversal, Scientific American Counsels People to ‘Chill Out’ over Global Warming

Excerpts:

Apocalyptic scenarios attributed to global warming are simply false and the human race will be able to accommodate whatever “climate change” throws at us, claims a remarkably sober new essay in Scientific American.
The essay, penned by John Horgan, the director of the Center for Science Writings at the Stevens Institute of Technology, analyzes two recent reports by “ecomodernists” who reject climate panic and frame the question of climate change and humanity’s ability to cope with it in radically new terms.

One of the reports, a work called “Enlightened Environmentalism” by Harvard iconoclast Steven Pinker, urges people to regain some much-needed perspective on climate, especially in the context of the overwhelming material benefits of industrialization.
The second report put forward by Horgan is a recent article by Will Boisvert titled “The Conquest of Climate,” which contends that the “consequences for human well-being will be small” even if human greenhouse emissions significantly warm the planet.

Boisvert, who has been described as a “left-wing environmental expert, is no “climate denier,” yet he calls for climate alarmists to take a deep breath and step back from doomsday forecasts that likely have little to do with what will actually take place in the future.
While climate skeptics will welcome this gust of common sense wafting in from the Scientific American, establishment climate alarmists will undoubtedly seek to quash the news, knowing it could affect not only the funding they depend on, but the ideologically driven political programs they seek to impose on the world.

After all, if the world is not under imminent peril from climate change, who will listen to—and fund—the prophets of doom?
Hmmm, real science (realists) contradicting fake science (climate alarmists). I think the paid climate alarmists are scared to lose their funding. The OP claimed the climate change denying members are paid, but it is just not true. It is a fact that the climate alarmists are the ones getting the funds.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now I wonder when ROBTMC is going to get paid by the OP?  :o :o :o
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

macsak

« Reply #372 on: March 13, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »
Hmmm, real science (realists) contradicting fake science (climate alarmists). I think the paid climate alarmists are scared to lose their funding. The OP claimed the climate change denying members are paid, but it is just not true. It is a fact that the climate alarmists are the ones getting the funds.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now I wonder when ROBTMC is going to get paid by the OP?  :o :o :o

OP was going to bet on conor macgregor vs. Mayweather, so I don't think he has the financial wherewithal to pay all us deniers off

Inspector

« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2018, 05:16:32 PM »
OP was going to bet on conor macgregor vs. Mayweather, so I don't think he has the financial wherewithal to pay all us deniers off
I can't imagine why he doesn't have the finances? He works in IT and is an expert (Proved him wrong, of course  :rofl:). When I worked in IT I made almost double what I make now. If I were to make double what I make now, I would have more and better guns in my safe. And more safes. And a bigger house. And a nice car. And I could afford to pay off my bets... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

macsak

« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2018, 09:40:49 PM »
He works in IT and is an expert

he's an expert in lots of fields...

hvybarrels

« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2018, 11:54:41 PM »

But it wasn't real science. It was a faith-based opinion puff piece promoting the Religion of Progress gospel that "we will figure this out somehow" because we are so good at dominating nature, which is a tragically laughable premise. At least they are able to finally admit it versus flat out denial. At least that's a step in the right direction.

But seriously do you watch the news? Are you really not able to see what's going on? The weather is getting nuts. According to paleoclimatology whenever there's a sudden warming like this we see a corresponding die off in species. Well guess what. This is what a Mass Extinction Event looks like.

rklapp

« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
I believe in climate change but not an alarmist. In 20 years, the polar bears will be dead, all of the beach sand will disappear because of rising sea levels, and my AC bill will be 50% higher. Nothing to be alarmed about, just a life style change. When the Manhattan subways were flooded, the municipality used it as an excuse to replace the 100 years old electrical systems. Maybe if they have to replace it again within the next 10 to 20 years will they start noticing.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
But it wasn't real science. It was a faith-based opinion puff piece promoting the Religion of Progress gospel that "we will figure this out somehow" because we are so good at dominating nature, which is a tragically laughable premise. At least they are able to finally admit it versus flat out denial. At least that's a step in the right direction.

But seriously do you watch the news? Are you really not able to see what's going on? The weather is getting nuts. According to paleoclimatology whenever there's a sudden warming like this we see a corresponding die off in species. Well guess what. This is what a Mass Extinction Event looks like.

We can't control the weather, no matter if we label it climate, weather, or atmosphere.  So, all the "mass extinction event" and "die off in species" are not going to give us any solutions, just fear-mongering to rob people of their wealth in the name of "doing something".

The weather isn't "going nuts".  There are periods in which the weather has been much, much worse. 

"The Great Blizzard of 1888:  More than 400 people in the Northeast died during the Great Blizzard, the worst death toll in United States history for a winter storm. On March 11 and March 12 in 1888, this devastating nor'easter dumped 40 to 50 inches (100 to 127 cm) of snow in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. Huge snowdrifts buried houses and trains, and 200 ships sank in waves whipped up by fierce winds."

"The Great Blizzard of 1899:  From Georgia to Maine, a punishing storm shut down the Eastern Seaboard beginning Feb. 11, 1899. The wintry weather brought record-low temperatures, some of which still stand today, as well as record snowfall. The snow showers started in Florida and moved north, dropping 20 inches (50 centimeters) in Washington, D.C., in a single day and a record 34 inches (86 cm) in New Jersey."

https://www.livescience.com/31880-countdown-10-worst-blizzards.html
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2018, 01:27:17 PM »

I guess you don't see the hypocrisy in what you wrote? One one hand you say we can control the climate enough to cause sudden warming. Then on the other you say it is faith based to think we can somehow figure it out how to deal with it. You can't have it both ways. You can't say we can cause it but not deal with it. If we can cause the climate to change we can certainly figure out how to deal with it and prevent it. The problem is the fake science that states man is causing all of this with no proof to back it up. Only the naive believe that man is causing this until  we have real proof of the cause of the weather changes that occur naturally. BTW, anyone can predict mass extinction when it will never happen in our lifetime. It is a nothing burger.

I will ask you to go back and read my posts to the OP and please provide the proof I was asking from him for several weeks. He never could provide it because it doesn't exist. I suspect you will not be able to provide it either........ We'll see.

drck1000

« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »
I believe in climate change but not an alarmist. In 20 years, the polar bears will be dead, all of the beach sand will disappear because of rising sea levels, and my AC bill will be 50% higher. Nothing to be alarmed about, just a life style change. When the Manhattan subways were flooded, the municipality used it as an excuse to replace the 100 years old electrical systems. Maybe if they have to replace it again within the next 10 to 20 years will they start noticing.
Seriously?   ???