Impulse Buys (Read 10255 times)

kala201

Impulse Buys
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
Ok how many of you guys out there have walked into your local gunshop saw something pretty and shiney and bought it?  That is exactly what happened to me today.  I went down to OGC to pickup my Sig 226 and I went over to look at the consignment guns and there it was a Baby Desert Eagle chambered in 9mm.  Gene gave me the sales pitch about it being an older one made before they were labled "Baby" and how it is collectable and the likes.  The price seemed like a solid deal and out came the wallet. 

So what was your impulse buy?

drck1000

Re: Impulse Buys
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »
Last trip to OGC, I was there to pick up my preorder/paid ammo and the Noveske Chainsaw lowers had just come in.  I wasn't planning on buying anything that day, but I walked out with one of the lowers.  Luckily, I had my rifle permit with me.

When I was picking up a special ordered rifle, I almost bought an AK underfolder.  I had just received my tax return but had not really started shopping around for anything yet.  "Luckily" another guy had bought the last one that they had in stock a few minutes before I came in.  If he had not bought it, I think I most likely would have.  Funny thing is I think he was there to pick up a special ordered rifle himself. 

I think I would possibly a victim of an impulse buy if we didn't have the 2 week permit process for handguns. 

42itus

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
Ok how many of you guys out there have walked into your local gunshop saw something pretty and shiney and bought it?  That is exactly what happened to me today.  I went down to OGC to pickup my Sig 226 and I went over to look at the consignment guns and there it was a Baby Desert Eagle chambered in 9mm.  Gene gave me the sales pitch about it being an older one made before they were labled "Baby" and how it is collectable and the likes.  The price seemed like a solid deal and out came the wallet. 

Nice pickup!  I've been looking for one of those.  I guess it's fate that my permit expired.  Totally jealous bro!

TeamMidori

Impulse Buys
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »
Well it wasn't in a store but I saw a DVr episode of top guns and ordered a VQ receiver and bunch of other KIDD parts to build a custom 10/22. Wtf! Now I'm poor again. 

jc2721

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »
I almost never buy brand new guns, but when I walked into SEC a couple of weeks ago they had a 10/22 takedown and I had to have it!

fstbckgt

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 04:36:37 AM »
Nice Buy, i was looking at that 9 the other day while in OGC picking up my 1897 clone.  If i didn't already have a full size baby eagle 9 i would have snatched it up, great choice.
The perfect handgun imo.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
The perfect handgun imo.

Uh oh, he said the "P" word.

Let the debate begin!
 :rofl: :rofl:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

kala201

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Well it wasn't in a store but I saw a DVr episode of top guns and ordered a VQ receiver and bunch of other KIDD parts to build a custom 10/22. Wtf! Now I'm poor again.

I feel your pain.  The money I used to by this latest toy was supposed to go towards a new Mossberg MVP when Carter, or any shop for that matter, got one in.  Now if and when it comes in I probably won't have enought buy it.  :'(

BananaClip

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
I bought a Mossberg 500 Roadblocker awhile back from Magnum for $200 more then it should have been..... :-\

It was Brian's HYPNOTIC COOLNESS that drew me in to the purchase..... 8)

Now XRING has Brian's HYPNOTIC COOLNESS...... O0

Only shot 5 Slugs through it and now it just sits in the safe waiting to go to a loving family.... :love:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:59:29 PM by BananaClip »
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

fstbckgt

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Uh oh, he said the "P" word.

Let the debate begin!
 :rofl: :rofl:

>:D

Infantry H2

Impulse Buys
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 04:47:32 AM »
Here's my roadblocker! Fun to have.

[attachment deleted by admin]

wirecounter

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
bunch of other KIDD parts

Pricey, but they machine quality parts.

BananaClip

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »
Here's my roadblocker! Fun to have.
Always wondered how it would look with an adjustable stock.....NNNIIIICCCCEEEEE!!!! :thumbsup:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

hnl.flyboy

Impulse Buys
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »
Is it an impulse buy if I planned on spending without knowing what I wanted?

Last year, I walked into Young Guns with my tax refund looking to spend it on a firearm. Was looking mainly for a .22 handgun, but saw a RRA complete lower with a RRA 2-stage trigger in it. Being used to crappy military M-16 triggers, I instantly loved it, and it followed me home.

I've since moved up with an X-Treme Shooting AR-15 trigger (I like it better than Geissele Service Rifle 2-stage).
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

oldfart

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 08:46:46 AM »
Browning HP Competition... :wtf:
I don't remember when or where I got it from. But it must have been an impulse buy because I am not into Browning Hi-Powers.
If you've never seen one, here is what it looks like:

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9571050
What, Me Worry?

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
Last trip to OGC, I was there to pick up my preorder/paid ammo and the Noveske Chainsaw lowers had just come in.  I wasn't planning on buying anything that day, but I walked out with one of the lowers.  Luckily, I had my rifle permit with me.

When I was picking up a special ordered rifle, I almost bought an AK underfolder.  I had just received my tax return but had not really started shopping around for anything yet.  "Luckily" another guy had bought the last one that they had in stock a few minutes before I came in.  If he had not bought it, I think I most likely would have.  Funny thing is I think he was there to pick up a special ordered rifle himself. 

I think I would possibly a victim of an impulse buy if we didn't have the 2 week permit process for handguns.

That is classic "luckily, I had my rifle permit with me"  Just like American Express CC, don't leave home without it

hnl.flyboy

Impulse Buys
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
Recently I bought a Sig Mosquito from OGC as an impulse. Was there to buy a case of 9mm and 5.56. I left with a case of 5.56 and the receipt for the Sig.
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

Kingkeoni

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »

That is classic "luckily, I had my rifle permit with me"  Just like American Express CC, don't leave home without it

That permit never leaves my side.

Truth is, that the 2 week wait has stopped me from buying dozens of handguns over the years.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

aieahound

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »
Went into SA on Friday after dropping off a couple lowers for some 'smithing at X-Ring.  I was just checking inventory for a neighbor and to check ammo availability.

They had a shipment of Mossberg MVP Predators that arrived that morning.

Luckily I had my permit on me  :thumbsup:

aieahound

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 10:44:42 AM »

Thread revival as lot of new members.