Image anomoly test (Read 6928 times)

230RN

Image anomoly test
« on: October 03, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
TEST POST  --IGNORE
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:14:46 PM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

230RN

Re: Image anomoly test
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »
I'm having trouble seeing some of the images.  For example, these thumbnails in your reply #1 in the National Hunting and Fishing day thread:

http://2ahawaii.com/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=media;id=7;thumb

do not show anything when I click on them.

I got my avatar to post with no trouble.

I am going to attempt to post a pic two ways here as an experiment:

Caps:

Lower case:

OK, that works. (The above is a partial screen capture of what shows up for me in your first reply to the Hunting and Fishing Day thread.)

ETA (2)  Test of external image (Lower case):

OK, that works, too.  I guess the problem is that I apparently don't have authority to access your image files.

Yes?  No?

Suggestions?

Is it my Browser?  (Internet Explorer  version 6.0)

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:27:44 PM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:12:05 PM »
Try and check it again.  I found an update to the mod, so maybe that took care of it.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

230RN

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »
Nope.  Clicking on any of the three highlightable areas (in blue --see screen shots above) gives me the same "not authorized" message.

Not that big a deal anyhow.  Why don't we assume it's on my end for now unless you get any other comments on it.  After all, I'm not that familiar with navigating around this site yet anyhow. 

But...

Is it OK to use this thread as a test bed, as I have above?  Or is there a "Testing...Testing" section I haven't seen yet?

TNX for your efforts. 

Terry, 230RN

Tom_G

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »
I also get the "not allowed" message
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

230RN

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:06:39 AM »
Do the thumbnails on your screen look anything like my screen shots above... that is, like this:

?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:11:16 AM by 230RN »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 08:21:48 AM »
Okay, well it looks like this is a problem and I'll have to look into it further.

Feel free to make any theads in the tech-support section for testing.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Tom_G

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »
Um, they look a little like that, 230RN.  I just get a small beige rectangle with black text saying "Sorry, you are not allowed to view this file.  Make sure you are connected to the server."  None of the additional information, though.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
Okay, I made some more changes in the settings.  Can you check it one more time to see if it works?
I am not a lawyer.

230RN

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 08:49:08 PM »
Ah, more better!  Here's the way they look now:

^ A note to other readers of this post: this is only ^
^an image of the thumbnails and is not clickable^

However, there are still some problems.

(1)  Clicking on the image in the thumbnail itself does not bring up a full-sized image, only an error message.  The URL for the picture in the first thumbnail frame is

http://2ahawaii.com/mgal_data/albums/National_Hunting_and_Fishing_Day_2009/Dir_1/4d632cc53f59fba9c18a839e42a3229233d7e67d80.jpg

(2)  Clicking on the blue links, top to bottom, in the first thumbnail, I get:

-------------------------------
" hunting and fishing day 2009 (… " (at the top) =
"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery"

The url for this link is: http://2ahawaii.com/mgallery/?sa=item;id=7
" 2aHawaii " (in the middle) =
"An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot view Gallery profiles"
(A slightly different error message)

The URL for this link is: http://2ahawaii.com/profile/2aHawaii/?area=mgallery
"National Hunting and Fishing D… "  (at the bottom) =
"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery"

The url for this link is:  http://2ahawaii.com/mgallery/?sa=album;id=3

I notice all these URLs have "2ahawaii" instead of "2aHawaii" with a capital "H," if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help, 2aHawaii ! Ain't it fun running a site?

I hope you realize I'm not being a PITA, but just trying to help you get the bugs out.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:39:33 PM by 230RN »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 07:32:05 AM »
I love running a site, it's part of what I do in life.  And any bug reports are GREATLY appreciated, I want this site working for everybody. Thanks for reporting them.

By the way, I made some final changes and I think that will fix everything (fingers crossed).
I am not a lawyer.

230RN

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 07:59:49 AM »
1.. Now the original thumbnails went back to the way they were at first, as in Post 5 above.

2.. But I can now see a full-sized view of the thumbnail when I click on the TOP blue link, but it looks like this when it comes up... note the multiple error messages at the top.

3.. I had to click twice to get that.  It's as if it's trying to rewrite my cookies and it takes two tries, like it writes a new one, but you have to click again to get the new one to "activate."

4.. Right now I'm a little strapped for time (it takes a while to do a screen capture, crop it in Paint, and upload it to my pic site.) So I can't do a detailed test of all the blue links and all the thumbnails as I did before.  But this should be enough for you to go on... I hope.

PS.  Say, what icon do you click to get the {img} - {/img} tags inserted automatically?  I can't seem to find it, so I've been typing the tags in manually.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:55:13 AM by 230RN »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
Working with the gallery has been a little difficult, but hopefully should work 100% now.

The image link is the one on the bottom row on the left that looks like this:
I think in most browsers you can mouse over the images, you will get a message on what each button does.

Hope that helps.
Thanks,
2aHawaii
I am not a lawyer.

230RN

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »
Works OK now.