What Did You Do in Your Reloading Room Today? (Read 51317 times)

stangzilla

Re: What Did You Do in Your Reloading Room Today?
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2023, 10:51:50 AM »
Grease groove bullet? What's the load?

yes, grease groove
load is with 7.3 grains of Accurate #7. 

oldfart

« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2023, 12:33:23 PM »
yes, grease groove
load is with 7.3 grains of Accurate #7.
Diameter???
From past experience, success with lead bullets in 9mm is contingent on getting the bullet to grab the rifling. So the diameter of the bullet has to be big enough to match the bore of the gun. Unfortunately, 9mm bore diameter can vary greatly.  Especially in vintage guns. I've seen lead 9mm fly sideways due to that. 🤣🤣group sizes about the size of my refrigerator.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2023, 12:55:03 PM »
Diameter???
From past experience, success with lead bullets in 9mm is contingent on getting the bullet to grab the rifling. So the diameter of the bullet has to be big enough to match the bore of the gun. Unfortunately, 9mm bore diameter can vary greatly.  Especially in vintage guns. I've seen lead 9mm fly sideways due to that. 🤣🤣group sizes about the size of my refrigerator.

diameter is .356

stangzilla

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2023, 08:42:53 AM »
Diameter???

seems like a lot of people go with .358 for lead bullets

oldfart

« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2023, 01:42:37 PM »
seems like a lot of people go with .358 for lead bullets
===========
I've ordered 9mm in 357 dia just to test.
358 might bulge the tapered 9 case too much.
356 usually works for most modern guns but the speed has to be fairly low.
Slow burning powder is the way to go for lead 9mm.
AA7 sounds ok but I used Unique.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2023, 02:32:07 PM »
I'll test out the 9mm LRN this weekend in my Glock 19 and Sig P226 Legion  :shaka:

oldfart

« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2023, 08:02:11 PM »
I'll test out the 9mm LRN this weekend in my Glock 19 and Sig P226 Legion  :shaka:
============
good luck
I'm going on Saturday to photograph a shooting match which I hope is still on.
Then I'll pop over to the pistol side for my usual embarrassing practice session.

Curious to know...
btw, does your G19 have cut rifling or that funky smooth rifling?
also how much AA7 you put inside?

For this Saturday, I'm going to shoot my old 45 as usual but I just switched to BE powder because I'm trying to use up a few pounds of this old stuff.
It's at least 20 years old. Maybe 30 yrs. I know it's still ok because I made a small batch to test last week.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2023, 05:23:16 AM »
============
good luck
I'm going on Saturday to photograph a shooting match which I hope is still on.
Then I'll pop over to the pistol side for my usual embarrassing practice session.

Curious to know...
btw, does your G19 have cut rifling or that funky smooth rifling?
also how much AA7 you put inside?

For this Saturday, I'm going to shoot my old 45 as usual but I just switched to BE powder because I'm trying to use up a few pounds of this old stuff.
It's at least 20 years old. Maybe 30 yrs. I know it's still ok because I made a small batch to test last week.

7.3 grains of ACC #7

stangzilla

« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2023, 08:51:12 PM »
I'll be there Saturday to photograph myself.  :D

oldfart

« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2023, 09:21:39 PM »
I just read a newsweek article that said that Vista is set to raise ammo and component prices next month.
Dammit, I just sold 2 lbs of BE to Lihikai really cheap. :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

randay

« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2024, 04:13:12 PM »
primed some x39 starline brass, going to dump some cfe-blk and a 123 hornady sst inside them.

randay

« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2024, 06:24:57 AM »
fresh out of the oven. 900 more to go!

oldfart

« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2024, 08:11:31 AM »
Little red rockets  :rofl:

What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2024, 06:31:32 AM »
Loaded some light 45 pistol ammo for casual practice.
185 gr LSWC BB over 4.2 BE
IIRC I got the bullets from Randay
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2024, 02:23:30 PM »
Loaded these to shoot today but when I got to the range the weather was very unpleasant.
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2024, 08:36:32 PM »
What did I do?
Well here’s a list
Threw away a perfectly good RCBS Summit press and Inline Fabrication Quick detach mount and mounting plate for the Summit press. Why? Had no more use for it and it was just taking up real estate.

Broke out my Lee C frame and quick detach mount and will start using them for odds and ends work not suited for my Lee turret press

Threw out 15 or 20 Hornady lock and load bushings, 9mm, 30-06, 30-30, 25 WSSM, 25-06, 45-70 and 50-120 dies sets and shell holders

There was more minor stuff I no longer used or wanted.

Time to move on….. :thumbsup:

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

oldfart

« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2024, 02:56:47 AM »
What did I do?
Well here’s a list
Threw away a perfectly good RCBS Summit press and Inline Fabrication Quick detach mount and mounting plate for the Summit press. Why? Had no more use for it and it was just taking up real estate.

Broke out my Lee C frame and quick detach mount and will start using them for odds and ends work not suited for my Lee turret press

Threw out 15 or 20 Hornady lock and load bushings, 9mm, 30-06, 30-30, 25 WSSM, 25-06, 45-70 and 50-120 dies sets and shell holders

There was more minor stuff I no longer used or wanted.

Time to move on….. :thumbsup:
What a waste of good money.
I easily sold some unused stuff and donated the money to HIFICO to carry on the 2A fight. Somebody wanted to buy my old Lee press a few weeks ago. People always want dies. I took a table at the gun show to sell unwanted stuff to raise money for HIFICO. I was just about to put out a call for stuff to put on the table. You could have donated it to a new shooter to learn to reload. If you don't promote the shooting sports to the next generation then we really lost the battle.
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2024, 07:53:01 AM »
What a waste of good money.
I easily sold some unused stuff and donated the money to HIFICO to carry on the 2A fight. Somebody wanted to buy my old Lee press a few weeks ago. People always want dies. I took a table at the gun show to sell unwanted stuff to raise money for HIFICO. I was just about to put out a call for stuff to put on the table. You could have donated it to a new shooter to learn to reload. If you don't promote the shooting sports to the next generation then we really lost the battle.

Sent you a pm…
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.