SCOTUS STRIKES DOWN NEW YORK CARRY LAW!!! SO NOW WHAT FOR HAWAII? (Read 15787 times)

changemyoil66

Re: SCOTUS STRIKES DOWN NEW YORK CARRY LAW!!! SO NOW WHAT FOR HAWAII?
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2022, 08:21:06 AM »
Logan on the radio this morning.

1) People will need an NRA certified class, which most handgun owners already have. So hunters ed won't fly.
2) Shooting requirement is highly probable and NRA instructors can dictate it and sign off on it
3) He emphasizes the liability of using the gun again.
4) No word on pending apps
5) They are close to finalizing everything, and again expects to sign off at end of Aug at the latest. He stated again that he will be signing CCWs.

All the above is verbal and can change later. Lets see what's on paper and what the legislature does.

hvybarrels

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
Thanks for the update and everyone who kept the pressure up so far. Without it they would drag this out until the next legislative session, although that's still a possibility.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

RSN172

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2022, 09:12:31 AM »
And after LAW ABIDING people receive their permits, watch the blood flow as they shoot people for every slight or preceived offense.  Well, that is what jerk offs like Rhoads, Lee, Hirono and others of their ilk will try to have the sheeple believe.

hvybarrels

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2022, 09:19:34 AM »
And after LAW ABIDING people receive their permits, watch the blood flow as they shoot people for every slight or preceived offense.  Well, that is what jerk offs like Rhoads, Lee, Hirono and others of their ilk will try to have the sheeple believe.

I imagine if we get a few good videos of justifiable self defense encounters then public opinion will rapidly shift in our direction.

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

drck1000

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2022, 09:26:22 AM »
I imagine if we get a few good videos of justifiable self defense encounters then public opinion will rapidly shift in our direction.

"He shot my arm off!"  :o

Play stupid games. . . ahhhhhsss what you get, dummy

QUIETShooter

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2022, 10:21:19 AM »

What a dumba$$  :rofl:

You bust in, point a rifle at the owner, and what did you expect?  The owner to sing "Kumbaya"?

Where da hell did you think you were.....in Hawaii?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

finalchecker

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2022, 10:34:05 AM »
Logan on the radio this morning.

1) People will need an NRA certified class, which most handgun owners already have. So hunters ed won't fly.
2) Shooting requirement is highly probable and NRA instructors can dictate it and sign off on it
3) He emphasizes the liability of using the gun again.
4) No word on pending apps
5) They are close to finalizing everything, and again expects to sign off at end of Aug at the latest. He stated again that he will be signing CCWs.

All the above is verbal and can change later. Lets see what's on paper and what the legislature does.

It's my understanding that Hawaii does not honor NRA pistol classes taken out of state?  I took a class in Texas years ago.
NRA Life Member
HIFICO Life Member
HRA Member

changemyoil66

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2022, 11:06:06 AM »
What a dumba$$  :rofl:

You bust in, point a rifle at the owner, and what did you expect?  The owner to sing "Kumbaya"?

Where da hell did you think you were.....in Hawaii?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Notice how it ends when the 2nd gun shows up (good guy)?  Even though he's outnumbered by people and guns 3 to 1. They all fled like roaches.

changemyoil66

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2022, 11:07:38 AM »
It's my understanding that Hawaii does not honor NRA pistol classes taken out of state?  I took a class in Texas years ago.

The affidavit to purchase a pistol in HI is done by a NRA instructor in HI.  So taking a class out of state doesn't count.

This is what Logan was referring to. So those who took hunters ed will have to take the HI NRA handgun safety course.

bingbong

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2022, 11:39:26 AM »

Another shockingly sad story of a mostly peaceful person being permanently disarmed while still retaining his firearm.
Doctors are now reporting after successful life saving surgery was performed, there is still a 87 percent chance the shooting victim has completely lost his ability to both flex and show off his guns in the foreseeable future.
When hearing the prognosis the patient was so happy he wanted to clap with excitement but was unable.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2022, 11:42:51 AM »
Another shockingly sad story of a mostly peaceful person being permanently disarmed while still retaining his firearm.
Doctors are now reporting after successful life saving surgery was performed, there is still a 87 percent chance the shooting victim has completely lost his ability to both flex and show off his guns in the foreseeable future.
When hearing the prognosis the patient was so happy he wanted to clap with excitement but was unable.

"He was a good boy.  He just wanted to rob the place, not kill nobody.  Wouldn't have been no shooting if the store owner just handed over the loot -- same way Walgreens and them other stores been doing!  That man ought to go to prison for attempted murder!  I hope he's got a big insurance policy, because we gonna sue his ass for MILLIONS!!"
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2022, 11:43:16 AM »

Was Kyle the shooter?  :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2022, 12:33:36 PM »
That was freaking awesome!  Made my day.   :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2022, 12:36:17 PM »
"He was a good boy.  He just wanted to rob the place, not kill nobody.  Wouldn't have been no shooting if the store owner just handed over the loot -- same way Walgreens and them other stores been doing!  That man ought to go to prison for attempted murder!  I hope he's got a big insurance policy, because we gonna sue his ass for MILLIONS!!"
There's a video going around SM and I wish I could share.

Anyways, two (race withheld to not trigger anyone) guys in ski masks jump over a fence with the voice saying something like "two dudes jump over your fence, whaddya going to do".  Then cuts to a shooter drawing pistol and Jerry M style shoots maybe 10+ shots.  Then cuts to a (race withheld to not trigger anyone) guy with a shirt and photos of the two dudes in ski masks with "they were good boys" and sad music. 

Made me  :rofl:

groveler

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »
There's a video going around SM and I wish I could share.

Anyways, two (race withheld to not trigger anyone) guys in ski masks jump over a fence with the voice saying something like "two dudes jump over your fence, whaddya going to do".  Then cuts to a shooter drawing pistol and Jerry M style shoots maybe 10+ shots.  Then cuts to a (race withheld to not trigger anyone) guy with a shirt and photos of the two dudes in ski masks with "they were good boys" and sad music. 

Made me  :rofl:
Who is Jerry M.?
I don't get out much.
 :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2022, 01:43:34 PM »
Who is Jerry M.?
I don't get out much.
 :shaka:

He's a famous competitive shooter. Know to reload a revovler in like 1 second and get all shots off, do reload and fire all those in seconds while getting hits.

He's Lena's M's dad, who's also a competitive shooter and sponsored by SIG.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2022, 02:56:35 PM »
He's a famous competitive shooter. Know to reload a revovler in like 1 second and get all shots off, do reload and fire all those in seconds while getting hits.

He's Lena's M's dad, who's also a competitive shooter and sponsored by SIG.

https://imgur.com/a/yzd6skx
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:04:29 PM by Bota-CS1 »
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

RSN172

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2022, 05:22:45 PM »
Here you go.

How did he get so fast? Lots of practice.  How much practice?  I read somewhere he shoots about 20,000 rounds a month.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 05:29:38 PM by RSN172 »

BRU

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2022, 08:38:47 PM »
Is there a site with the radio recording that we can listen to what Chief Logan said this morning?

zippz

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2022, 08:59:29 PM »

It could be valid if the instructor went over Hawaii state laws.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu