Lets keep Hifico professional (Read 5705 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Lets keep Hifico professional
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2022, 01:17:00 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
You left out HPD or LEOs.

Like I said, f##k 'em if they can't take a joke.

Cops should already be trained to not take insults, slander, libel or verbal abuse personally.  It comes with the job.

If they can't ignore mean words, maybe they should find a job where they aren't allowed to use lethal force legally?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2022, 01:45:46 PM »
Let's keep HPD professional...

Stop stealing overtime and give us our CC permits!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2022, 01:46:43 PM »
To all the honest cops out there... keep up the good work!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

bass monkey

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »
Sounds like lots of winning going on

macsak

changemyoil66

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2022, 02:00:41 PM »
It is a word to describe something in debate tactics and you appeared to be misusing it so I wanted to correct it.

I am not going to bring my friend in on this. I am telling you his comment was respectful. You can believe me or not, doesn't really matter since it got deleted there is no way for you to see it yourself.

Would a judge hear about mean FB posts in regard to this case? No probably not though I wouldn't want to give them any ammo. Consider though that it isn't just about convincing judges. Hifico relies at least somewhat on membership (never asked for a financial breakdown), so what happens if people get turned off and stop donating? What happens if they stop looking at updates so they don't come to meetings and protests?

Case in point, most, if not all, of the activism I have participated in here came from finding out about it on 2aHawaii.com. If this place turns toxic and people stop coming and therefore don't learn about activism, Hifico, bill updates, etc.

So you expect me to believe what you're telling me your friend posted.  Being "objective" would imply that I cannot just take your word for it.  And since you're stating his post was deleted, an objective person may think that his post might have been derogatory enough to get removed.  Doesn't it get irritating when logic isn't used and instead whataboutism.  Logic would dictate that I believe you because you have no reason to lie.  You may have different POV's, but intentionally lying isn't a thing you do.  Shoe is on the other foot reference too.

Since HIFICO is the only ones getting results, like the other poster said, Andrew could write the 2a in shit on the window at HPD and I would be OK with it. I'm sure others will do.  I would even drop cash to bailhim out of jail.  If HIFICO wasn't getting wins, then that's a different story.

And if people are not joining because of this taser post, then you too had a hand in it. Why don't you instead private message them what your problem is.  You wanted your post to get the traction (so you can argue about it)  that it did and even went great lengths to post here so others can read about it.  Good thing there are others here who are backing up HIFICO's reply and no one on this forum cares about it but you. I guess it's because you have a professional stake in how HPD's image is viewed.

Direjackalope

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2022, 05:44:42 PM »
I wonder what Andrew is planning to spend Chief Logan's pension on.

aletheuo137

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2022, 05:47:43 PM »
robtmc

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2022, 06:32:52 PM »
I'm don't know the details and didn't see the conversation in question but will have a discussion on it later.  i didn't pay much attention to the post and comments to it because it didn't seem to serve a 2A purpose or forward us toward a goal.  The purpose of the post was that police officers don't practice safe handling techniques which is hypocritical to some police officers and lawmakers that push gun safety and restrictions down our throat.  I don't have an issue with whats going on in the picture and maybe it needs context and background, it was taken from some kind of HPD video I didn't see.  The only safety issue I can think of is tasers should be treated like firearms as some officers mistake tasers for their firearm when stressed, so therefore should be handled better.  All of this should've been explained better in the post.  HIFICO's misison is to unite the 2A community and education and making things happen.  We're not here for fan service, preaching to the choir, or making enemies.  Whatever principles we tell others to follow, we should follow ourselves.

I welcome dissent.  I'd rather have a person tell us something we may not like versus someone not saying anything.  That takes courage to do so.  We're not always right and make mistakes.  Or sometimes there's a better way to do things.  Or sometimes that dissent is wrong and am better able to support my points.  Shutting out dissent like a lynch mob is self defeating and alienating.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

aieahound

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2022, 09:04:09 PM »
Hallelujah Zippz.
Tell it like it is.

EEF’s a cop. Been told it through cop friends.
EEF deny it if I’m wrong. Don’t know why you’d deflect and refer to your dad and friend. just cough up.
Maybe he just has a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that if it can be discussed.

And tip my hat to HIFICO for it’s professionalism and success.
Thanks for all you do.  :shaka:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:25:49 PM by aieahound »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2022, 10:00:35 PM »
I will commend the recent post of Hifico showing the letter that was issued. Very informative and professional.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2022, 10:01:15 PM »
Hallelujah Zippz.
Tell it like it is.

EEF’s a cop. Been told it through cop friends.
EEF deny it if I’m wrong. Don’t know why you’d deflect and refer to your dad and friend. just cough up.
Maybe he just has a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that if it can be discussed.

And tip my hat to HIFICO for it’s professionalism and success.
Thanks for all you do.  :shaka:

If you were a cop would you say so all over the internet?

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2022, 10:12:16 PM »
So you expect me to believe what you're telling me your friend posted.  Being "objective" would imply that I cannot just take your word for it.  And since you're stating his post was deleted, an objective person may think that his post might have been derogatory enough to get removed.  Doesn't it get irritating when logic isn't used and instead whataboutism.  Logic would dictate that I believe you because you have no reason to lie.  You may have different POV's, but intentionally lying isn't a thing you do.  Shoe is on the other foot reference too.

Since HIFICO is the only ones getting results, like the other poster said, Andrew could write the 2a in shit on the window at HPD and I would be OK with it. I'm sure others will do.  I would even drop cash to bailhim out of jail.  If HIFICO wasn't getting wins, then that's a different story.

And if people are not joining because of this taser post, then you too had a hand in it. Why don't you instead private message them what your problem is.  You wanted your post to get the traction (so you can argue about it)  that it did and even went great lengths to post here so others can read about it.  Good thing there are others here who are backing up HIFICO's reply and no one on this forum cares about it but you. I guess it's because you have a professional stake in how HPD's image is viewed.

You should only take this as my honest review, nothing more, nothing less. Feel free to disagree by all means, I am just sharing my take on it. Don't know why it had to reach 3 pages other than perhaps you enjoy debate as much as me? (Enjoy or we are just stubborn?)

I did private message but got no response. Prior attempts at contacting Hifico for other things (not negative things) have gone relatively unanswered so I didn't put much faith on a private response. Though I do take your point, maybe I should have posted it in the Members section so not viewable by the people who just skim.

As I said, I do have a bias towards the profession so there is that however I also like disingenuous attacks on people like this so I would likely chime in even if the post were an unfair attack on some other profession or group. I think my track record of defending various groups/people I am not associated with will show that at least this is a consistent behavior on my part.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:18:52 PM by eyeeatingfish »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »
I'm don't know the details and didn't see the conversation in question but will have a discussion on it later.  i didn't pay much attention to the post and comments to it because it didn't seem to serve a 2A purpose or forward us toward a goal.  The purpose of the post was that police officers don't practice safe handling techniques which is hypocritical to some police officers and lawmakers that push gun safety and restrictions down our throat.  I don't have an issue with whats going on in the picture and maybe it needs context and background, it was taken from some kind of HPD video I didn't see.  The only safety issue I can think of is tasers should be treated like firearms as some officers mistake tasers for their firearm when stressed, so therefore should be handled better.  All of this should've been explained better in the post.  HIFICO's misison is to unite the 2A community and education and making things happen.  We're not here for fan service, preaching to the choir, or making enemies.  Whatever principles we tell others to follow, we should follow ourselves.

I welcome dissent.  I'd rather have a person tell us something we may not like versus someone not saying anything.  That takes courage to do so.  We're not always right and make mistakes.  Or sometimes there's a better way to do things.  Or sometimes that dissent is wrong and am better able to support my points.  Shutting out dissent like a lynch mob is self defeating and alienating.

Thank you for taking the time to read my critique, every-time I met you in person you always came off to me as a very reasonable and pleasant person so I trust your response and judgement here.
Aloha!
 :shaka:

aieahound

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2022, 12:03:54 AM »
For the record no problem with you being a cop.
Plenty other forum members and many of my friends are cops.

Just commenting on the deferral to Dad and friend.

It is no secret I have a bias towards cops. My dad was one, I have a few friends who are cops and I like what they do as a profession.

No one here does anything illegal.

changemyoil66

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2022, 08:31:38 AM »

You should only take this as my honest review, nothing more, nothing less. Feel free to disagree by all means, I am just sharing my take on it. Don't know why it had to reach 3 pages other than perhaps you enjoy debate as much as me? (Enjoy or we are just stubborn?)

I did private message but got no response. Prior attempts at contacting Hifico for other things (not negative things) have gone relatively unanswered so I didn't put much faith on a private response. Though I do take your point, maybe I should have posted it in the Members section so not viewable by the people who just skim.

As I said, I do have a bias towards the profession so there is that however I also like disingenuous attacks on people like this so I would likely chime in even if the post were an unfair attack on some other profession or group. I think my track record of defending various groups/people I am not associated with will show that at least this is a consistent behavior on my part.

Was your PM read?  On FB/IG there is a notification when PM is read.  Oahu is a small island and everybody knows everybody.  Since HIFICO did call you out on your troll type behavior on 2ahawaii, lets assume that maybe they are ignoring you if they did read the message.  From their reply to you, it appears that you didn't get the mute right off the bat, but instead they were tired of your troll type behavior.  And from the replies from another poster, it seems like they have had enough of that poster also. So again, seems like HIFICO goes based on history of the user and not just right off the bat mute/ban/"unprofessional" replies.

They also answer questions that people have who are respectful and post replies in general that are "professional".  So again, refer back to maybe it's you. I keep saying "we call this a clue".  I like this aspect of them, they aren't afraid to call people out when needed.  One could say this ties into the pressure they're putting on lawmakers/Chief.  Andrew showing up daily to check on his CCW app, could be seen as "unprofessional".  So again, I'll take mean tweets and results over nice tweets and no results.

changemyoil66

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2022, 08:33:03 AM »
If you were a cop would you say so all over the internet?

I would say if it applies to the discussion. Like about tasers, instead of saying "my friend". If you have 1st hand knowledge of the SOP then that holds credibility/weight compared to "my friend" told me.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2022, 01:26:39 PM »
I don't value your opinion.

I'm starting to wonder if "you know who" happens to be in that picture.

BTW, had he bothered to check the other pics in that "offensive" post, he'd have seen other officers seated at other tables wearing masks.

So, making fun of the Chief as "the only one wearing a mask" is not accurate nor meaningful.

I guess it's harder to kiss the Chief's ass while your face is covered.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2022, 01:41:29 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if "you know who" happens to be in that picture.

BTW, had he bothered to check the other pics in that "offensive" post, he'd have seen other officers seated at other tables wearing masks.

So, making fun of the Chief as "the only one wearing a mask" is not accurate nor meaningful.

I guess it's harder to kiss the Chief's ass while your face is covered.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:

Maybe he's the Chief and we've been talking to him this entire time. If this is true, HURRY UP AND ISSUE CCW PERMITS! :rofl: