8 killed, 7 injured in Texas mall shooting; gunman also dead, police say (Read 2190 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Allen Police Chief Brian Harvey described how the shooter was killed.
"One of our officers was on an unrelated call at the outlet mall," said
Harvey. "He heard gunshots, went to the gunshots, engaged the suspect,
and neutralized the suspect."

Witnesses told CNN that they saw the gunman who was dressed all in
8 killed, 7 injured in Texas mall shooting; gunman also dead, police say
black, and was wearing tactical gear.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

Pretty good face shot for a cop.
graphic
https://i.4cdn.org/pol/1683418021547409.jpg
 :thumbsup:

Brystont1

There seems to be a shit ton of these shootings recently. Idk if the mainstream media is starting to just post every single shooting event or if these events are increasing but it seems there’s some sort of mass shooting every couple of days.

oldfart

There seems to be a shit ton of these shootings recently. Idk if the mainstream media is starting to just post every single shooting event or if these events are increasing but it seems there’s some sort of mass shooting every couple of days.
Yeah, strange huh? If I were the paranoid type,  I would say this:

False flag operation because the tide of public opinion seems to headed towards the conservative side.
Copycat tik tok viral challenge mentality.
Msm amplifying minor incidents to give the viewing public the impression of an epidemic to justify the antigun gun ban agenda.

That's what I would claim if I were a paranoid person.
Jus' sayin'

What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

It seems the more people push for gun control measures, the more nutjobs out there feel the need to go out and shoot people.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

It seems the more people push for gun control measures, the more nutjobs out there feel the need to go out and shoot people.
=============
Let's think about the big picture in nature....

Wild animal will attack if their territory is violated, or children are threatened.
eg. my dog will threaten me only if I get too close to him while he is trying to eat his food.
Wild animals kill if needed to survive and eat.

People are animals too.
My theory is that burdensome laws and restrictions by government agencies are like violating people's territory.
Inflation is like taking away people's food.
Therefore, people are reverting back to their natural animal instincts.

It's nature doing what nature does.
That's my theory and I think it's a pretty good one.
What, Me Worry?

dogman

my dog will threaten me only if I get too close to him while he is trying to eat his food.
That's not good. :stopjack:

hvybarrels

Mental health crisis. Suicides are way up as well. Our country is being destroyed from the inside out and people are losing it.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

RSN172

That's not good. :stopjack:

If I take my Rottweilers food bowl away just as they start eating they give me this sad you hurt my feelings look.

:stopjack:

QUIETShooter

I remember my beloved doggie (RIP). 

I was a cruel jerk at times and when I would give him his bowl of food, just as he was going to take a bite I would take it away.  He would stare at me with sad eyes and I would offer the bowl again and he would try to eat and I would take it away again.  Yes, I was a sadistic asshole to my beloved doggie.

Anyway, after a few times of doing this, he would give me a sad look and look away......

When I offered the bowl he wouldn't respond.  He would continue to look away.

Maybe his way of saying "F**k you."

When I finally put the bowl down and walked away he would go and eat.

I think my beloved doggie was more human and compassionate than me.

:stopjack:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

When there's an uptick in violence, you have to look at potential causal factors which affect behavior, not coincidental non-factors.

Let's see...

-- millions of people have been vaccinated and received one or more boosters with something that has no long-term clinical studies, and which have coincided with upticks of unexplained sudden deaths.

-- the pandemic and subsequent loss of job, lack of access to school, fear of going out in public including clinics and hospitals, quarantines, lockdowns, mask mandates and so on have contributed in increases in stress-related mental problems.  Being cooped up for months with the same people and nowhere to go plus financial troubles can cause severe stress.

-- political divisiveness has caused stress, fueled by some very significant court cases such as the overturning of Roe v. Wade and the reversal of unconstitutional state gun control laws under Bruen.

-- social media bullying, lack of dating opportunities, deteriorating marriages, loss of investments & savings, etc, etc

So many potential influences on behavior, it gets complicated.  We have to treat each case independently to get answers.  Pasting a tidy "too many guns' trope on every shooting not only supports a non-solution, but it masks the real reasons for which nobody seems to want to find solutions.  it's just another opportunity to push an anti-gun agenda while ignoring the motivations and reasons that were the actual cause.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

Also medication shortages. They got everyone hooked on ssri drugs and then ran out, which is the worst possible scenario to have people quit suddenly because they are way more likely to go homicidal when compared with gradual withdrawal

Flapp_Jackson

Also medication shortages. They got everyone hooked on ssri drugs and then ran out, which is the worst possible scenario to have people quit suddenly because they are way more likely to go homicidal when compared with gradual withdrawal

Don't discount the sudden withdrawal from opiods after the government declared a national opiod emergency.  Doctors now refuse to prescribe them if there's another possible medication to substitute, no matter how much less effective.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

A recent article from Rintrah Radagast talks about the mRNA damaging cognitive functions, and how nicotine blocks the receptors that the clot shot attacks. People who are feeling foggy, lethargic, and irritable  with frequent headaches could be experiencing vax side effects even if they never took the shots due to the nature of spike protein shedding. Nicotine has long been shown to have mental health benefits, but it’s a matter of how to consume it without the deadly side effects of tobacco and associated byproducts.

hvybarrels

Here’s a link to the article but I think he’s getting ddos attacked at the moment for obvious reasons

https://www.rintrah.nl/spike-protein-detoxification-advice/

oldfart

Here’s a link to the article but I think he’s getting ddos attacked at the moment for obvious reasons

https://www.rintrah.nl/spike-protein-detoxification-advice/
=========
well that explains why I feel so mentally healthy

What, Me Worry?

groveler

Hawaii is doing this also, everything is a gun free zone.
And target rich.
 :wtf:

Gordyf

Hawaii is doing this also, everything is a gun free zone.
And target rich.
 :wtf:

Except chicken fights
Aloha
Gordy

ren

and here's the "certified" right wing slant to this:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rwds-patch-found-texas-gunman-234741129.html
Deeds Not Words