Courses of Action Firearms Training Class this Summer (Read 4378 times)

Wake27

Courses of Action Firearms Training Class this Summer
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »
I don't know many of the details as it's not on his site yet, but Johnny Primo of Courses of Action/SOFLETE is apparently making a trip out here this summer. For those who haven't heard of him, he's a former Green Beret with I believe 13-16 deployments under his belt. His company is relatively new, but it has been very successful already. I don't know what he plans to teach or where. He did say that he'll be on Oahu and probably one other island. I'd expect Carbine and/or Pistol 1. I'm assuming someone on here is helping him plan it since there really aren't too many places to shoot. Sounds like he does a lot of moving in his classes and they aren't cheap, but training classes like these seem to be very rare on the islands so I wanted to throw it out there. He said the course should be open on the website in 1-2 weeks so I'll throw up more info when I get it. He's fairly active on Instagram so that's a good place to start if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2daron31

Re: Courses of Action Firearms Training Class this Summer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »
Right on thanks for the heads up. I've been hoping classes like his would come to Hawaii

dafrtknocker

Wake27

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:22:39 PM »
He's done a live session on Instagram the past several nights to open up for questions. Definitely sounds like there's a solid physical element to all of his courses. He said at the minimum, you'll run 100m with a 90lb sandbag.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 09:25:50 PM »
Problems i foresee
1) does he bring his own guns
2) mag limits
3) place that allows rubber dummy targets/steel.

Not sure he thought it through. Unless hes here to train hpd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wake27

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »
Problems i foresee
1) does he bring his own guns
2) mag limits
3) place that allows rubber dummy targets/steel.

Not sure he thought it through. Unless hes here to train hpd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nope, the courses are open enrollment. I don't really see an issue with him bringing his own guns and I'm sure he's aware of the pistol mag limit. He does this for a living, I'm sure he's aware of the legalities.

dustoff003

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 05:40:02 AM »
He will need to register all of his firearms they are here for greater than 5 days not exceeding the 5 day if here longer.

Wake27

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 07:12:42 AM »
Again, I'm sure he is aware that Hawaii sucks when it comes to guns.

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Will need to keep an eye on this thread.  I'm always looking for training courses locally.  Have traveled to the mainland a bunch of times and had great experiences.  Though having those types of courses offered locally would really help the budget! 

Wake27

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 11:37:47 AM »
Will need to keep an eye on this thread.  I'm always looking for training courses locally.  Have traveled to the mainland a bunch of times and had great experiences.  Though having those types of courses offered locally would really help the budget!

Yup. It's worth it, but damn it's expensive. After shooting with RB1 this summer, I didn't expect to take another class until I leave here which is still a ways out. If COA has a legit location lined up maybe we can set something up for Jason to come out in the future.