Fake Tournaquettes (Read 20550 times)

drck1000

Q
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
Ill use the fakes for training.  I was gonna contact amazon, but cant find the order  in my history.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sounds like you got hacked by the Russians.  They seem to be getting blamed for everything these days, so why not fake TQs too?   :crazy:

changemyoil66

Re: Fake Tournaquettes
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 11:24:57 AM »
Its ok cause amazon didnt mean to sell fake TQs.

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Its ok cause amazon didnt mean to sell fake TQs.

I would try contacting them anyways.  Amazon CS has been pretty good to me.  I've contacted them about shipping stuff and they've always gotten back to me very quickly.  I haven't contacted about some crappy stuff that I've received as I chalked that up to a lesson on "you get what you pay for".  But in the case of a counterfeit.  If the original order indicated was the real deal, I would be pissed.  Even for a $10-15 item. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
I would try contacting them anyways.  Amazon CS has been pretty good to me.  I've contacted them about shipping stuff and they've always gotten back to me very quickly.  I haven't contacted about some crappy stuff that I've received as I chalked that up to a lesson on "you get what you pay for".  But in the case of a counterfeit.  If the original order indicated was the real deal, I would be pissed.  Even for a $10-15 item.

It's not just about your counterfeit item.  Amazon needs to know so they can prevent others from buying, too. Other buyers may not know their tourniquet is fake until it's too late.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
It's not just about your counterfeit item.  Amazon needs to know so they can prevent others from buying, too. Other buyers may not know their tourniquet is fake until it's too late.
Yup   :thumbsup:

I have encountered fake stuff on eBay.  In that case, the product manufacturer took the lead in investigating authenticity on their own.  Eventually I got a full refund and the vendor claimed that they bought the stock off of another source.  Mmmmkay. 

In this case, yeah, a fake TQ could affect someone's live if it failed, particularly in the buckle and windlass.  Hope Amazon steps up here.  That said, again, I've noticed so many crap stuff being sold on their sites.  Just hoping that they value CS over volume. 

zippz

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »
Amazon has a terrible history of not policing counterfeits on their site.  The furniture lifting straps company is close to going out of business because they are out sold by counterfeits by more than 10 to 1.  Amazon didn't take responsibility for this or other products sold on their site.  They are only recently starting to make a small effort to remove counterfeit items, but it's more a doing something to show they're doing something kinda thing.  Amazon doesn't really care, they make money either way.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/24/how-amazon-counterfeits-put-this-mans-business-on-brink-of-collapse.html
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
Another story on counterfeits where China copied, manufactured, and sold built in selfy sticks before the inventory could get started.
https://qz.com/771727/chinas-factories-in-shenzhen-can-copy-products-at-breakneck-speed-and-its-time-for-the-rest-of-the-world-to-get-over-it/

Lots of cheap imitations in the firearms world too.  Don't support the counterfeiters.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

London808

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
Heres how you get Real fakes on Amazon

Seller 1 sells the real item, he sells it for $20
Seller 2 sells the real item he sells it for $18
Seller 3 sells a fake item he sells it for $12

Seller 1, 2, 3 all want to get the most sales and to do that they want Amazon to stock and ship their items, They all send their boxs Seller 1 and 2 send 100 each, Seller 3 tho sends 400 to Amazon and Amazon throws them all into a big bin marked Items,

When you order an item from Seller 1, 2 or 3  they are all pulled from the same bin, But 2/3rds of the items are fake. Amazon dosent know there fake because they all look the same and are in the same looking packing and they dont have time to check every item they hold (tens of thousands) to see whats fake and whats not.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »
When the real stuff comes in, I'll post pics comparing the 2.

whynow?

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
Past few years I bought some from Amazon and ebay, will check them out.   Thanks for bringing it up.

whynow?

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »
Must of just bought the CAT TQs from ebay as Amazon doesn't show any order for it.  Remember paying about $24 for one.   Anyways, checked both for the genuine signs listed in the video including the two turn tightness test of the windlass.  All checked out, except in the video, the red tab and the white strap end appears to not show any signs of spot fastening whereas mine does.   It's not deeply imbedded but you can see the spots.   Hard to tell if mine is the real deal, but they tighten as described so won't buy any more.
Also have two SOF-T TQs mainly because of the metal windlass.  It's not the price that determines where I buy from, but the shipping costs to HI.

zippz

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »
Must of just bought the CAT TQs from ebay as Amazon doesn't show any order for it.  Remember paying about $24 for one.   Anyways, checked both for the genuine signs listed in the video including the two turn tightness test of the windlass.  All checked out, except in the video, the red tab and the white strap end appears to not show any signs of spot fastening whereas mine does.   It's not deeply imbedded but you can see the spots.   Hard to tell if mine is the real deal, but they tighten as described so won't buy any more.
Also have two SOF-T TQs mainly because of the metal windlass.  It's not the price that determines where I buy from, but the shipping costs to HI.

I'd check it more.  Remember when you use a tourniquet, it's the last effort to save someones life.  If something breaks or it fails, the person could die.

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 12:25:46 AM »
Fakes are getting good. If the red and white look like how u described, its prob fake. Also dont forget the back plate of the plastic.

drck1000

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »
A ok/good test would be try on your thigh.  It amazed me at how much pressure is actually needed to cut off blood flow to your lower leg.  In a class, we practiced both the CAT and improvised TQ on each other.  Well, I drew the thigh to test my TQ application on my partner.  It was much harder to get the TQ on right than I thought, as in more pressure or turning of the windlass to effectively cut off blood flow. 

whynow?

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »
A ok/good test would be try on your thigh.  It amazed me at how much pressure is actually needed to cut off blood flow to your lower leg.  In a class, we practiced both the CAT and improvised TQ on each other.  Well, I drew the thigh to test my TQ application on my partner.  It was much harder to get the TQ on right than I thought, as in more pressure or turning of the windlass to effectively cut off blood flow.
My ebay order history showed the last was $15 so it may be fake.  I'll write to NAR ask them if there was a lot Jun 11 2014 as printed on the black band amd the visible fastening spots.  The plastic plate has the logos, NSN, address, and also the patent #s for the U.S., Canada, EU and Israel.
Tried it on the thigh and was able to get 4 turns of the windlass unlike 2 turns on the upper arm.   Without flow, not sure how tight that was but my thigh/leg was starting to feel painful and tingly.  Both SOF-T TQs were from a reputable company

drck1000

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 07:41:54 AM »
My ebay order history showed the last was $15 so it may be fake.  I'll write to NAR ask them if there was a lot Jun 11 2014 as printed on the black band amd the visible fastening spots.  The plastic plate has the logos, NSN, address, and also the patent #s for the U.S., Canada, EU and Israel.
Tried it on the thigh and was able to get 4 turns of the windlass unlike 2 turns on the upper arm.   Without flow, not sure how tight that was but my thigh/leg was starting to feel painful and tingly.  Both SOF-T TQs were from a reputable company
Yeah, it can be painful.  The proper application is no distal pulse "downstream" from the TQ.  I was surprised as how much pressure that took.  The guy I was testing on had a good amount of muscle on his thigh and it took quite some effort to get the windlass tightened down enough to not feel the distal pulse in his lower leg. 

I also have the SOFTT, but have more of the CAT. 

Anyways, hope you get the counterfeits figured out.  Not too bad as you're probably out $15-30.  Not good, but better than a counterfeit of a more expensive item.  Sort of a $15-30 lesson.  I have gotten more than a few of that buying cheap stuff on Amazon.   :grrr:

whynow?

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 09:59:20 PM »
Today got a reply from C-A-T Resources, manufacturer of the C-A-T TQ for NAR based on pics and info I sent them about my ebay TQs.  They replied that both are authentic CAT TQs.  Pictures are below.
That said I plan to buy 2 new Gen 7 TQs from NAR anyway.  Sorry for the upside down pics, still learning.

changemyoil66

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
Typically for the leg (thigh) 2 is 1 and 1 is none.  Especially if there is a lot of muscle on the person. 

drck1000

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »
Today got a reply from C-A-T Resources, manufacturer of the C-A-T TQ for NAR based on pics and info I sent them about my ebay TQs.  They replied that both are authentic CAT TQs.  Pictures are below.
That said I plan to buy 2 new Gen 7 TQs from NAR anyway.  Sorry for the upside down pics, still learning.
Great news!   :thumbsup:

Looks like you got the "good stuff" at a great price.  More TQs for training as well as having some that you can place in various places, like car, home, work, etc. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

Fake one didnt come wrapped or with instructions.