EDC Backpacks (Read 4606 times)

new guy

EDC Backpacks
« on: July 18, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
If you care to indulge, looking for pics of what you backpack-wearing gents are using.

I'm using a Maxped Riftcore, which is great for EDC, but is limited for any kind of travel > 24 hours.

I know, I know... use the right tool for the job, but I just want to see what you guys are rocking.

Mahalo,
new guy
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

rklapp

Re: EDC Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:03:50 PM »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

new guy

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
Thanks, yes... I already dropped the kala for the Maxped Riftcore (discount on OpticsPlanet).

Looking to see what others might be using.
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

jaynick

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
i have the camelbak mule, hawg, and motherlode (ascending in size) from their military line. pretty snazzy. it looks like the hawg is about the same size as the riftcore.
lol that was the goldilocks size for me. i bought the mule and motherlode thinking it would cover my needs having 1 light daypack and a 48hr pack but i ended up springing for the hawg in the end. its what i use the most.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:05:22 AM »
LAPG is currently running a bunch of closeouts on Maxpedition gear, including packs.  The Condor II is on sale for $79.99.  I picked up mine for about that price a couple of months back.  I was intending to use it as a range bag, but haven't gotten around to swapping stuff out.  I'm tempted to pick up a Vulture-2 from the same sale.  Too bad LAPG shipping to HI is kinda pricey.   :(

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »
When I get home later I'll post pics of mine.

1 is a cheap black bag with MOLLE loops, the other is one my wife got from work that came with survival stuff in it.

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
http://redrockoutdoorgear.com/rover-sling-pack/

I switched from a backpack to this slingpack.  this one was pretty affordable, and so far its pretty sturdy.  had it for over 6 months and nothing seems to be wearing out yet.
I wanted something smaller, less bulky than a backpack.  just for my EDC essentials.
has several different storage areas, and a buckle compartment in back with a Velcro lining so can attach a holster inside.  molle attachments on the outside.

London808

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 11:38:29 AM »
Everything I need for the day, only needs to get me to the car.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
Oops read it wrong, I don't got an EDC bag, but a bug out bag.

Rocky

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »
Our BOB's are Maxpedition Condors, but I think the best EDC bag has been my under $20  Jansport from SwapMeet (not the SwapMeat).
I've been using it for over 15 years for fishing so it's been in the sand, salt and rain, filled with melting ice, fish, lead, beer and bait and just keeps going !  :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Garuda

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
I prefer something a little more discreet.

Tombihn.com

Made in the USA.

High visibility interiors, awesome materials..... function over form.

Smart designs too. The synapse for example, undo one strap and swing the bag around, and you can access the vertical pockets easily while still having one strap on your back.  They used to come in cordura and halcyon, now a new material 500d cordura if I'm not mistaken.

808shooter

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »
Been looking at Oakley backpacks... mostly because they look cool, and some also have the sunglasses hard case built into the pack. Anyone have experience with Oakley?

sa594

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »
Patagonia makes some great packs, I currently use the Blackhole series for my EDC. Kinda pricey but lifetime warranty is hard to beat

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Patagonia makes some great packs, I currently use the Blackhole series for my EDC. Kinda pricey but lifetime warranty is hard to beat
I have a few Patagonia bags.  I have a backpack for carry on as well as a couple of duffels that I have used as check-in bags.  They have an awesome lifetime warranty if anything breaks or degrades. 

I also have a number of North Face backpacks.  A couple have had the plastic liner breakdown and start to flake.  I emailed and North Face replaced it.  It took a while to get the replacement shipped, but they gave me a free one.  Unfortunately, I had thrown away the other pack that had started to degrade. 

For my personal EDC, it's a cheap and light backpack from Swiss Gear.  I think like $20 in Amazon.  It's actually harder to find slimmer and smaller backpacks these days. 

newguy86

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 11:25:56 PM »
Been looking at Oakley backpacks... mostly because they look cool, and some also have the sunglasses hard case built into the pack. Anyone have experience with Oakley?

Talk to dave from mojo tactical, he had a nice backpack a few years ago, i think he can order them for u

davgdavg

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »
Mystery Ranch makes nice stuff if Uncle Sam is paying or you just want to spend a ton of $ :)

Personally for a lightweight pack, I like Osprey because they are the most breathable and best designed backs. Otherwise Mystery Ranch or Arcteryx if you want it to last forever and be practical and comfortable.

islandgunzx

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 07:00:03 PM »
Jansport back with the suede pocket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk