Hearing Protection (Read 3048 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hearing Protection
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
I got mine for $41 because they seem to think no one would go to the range with a Teal colored hearing protector. Next time you see me at the KHSC, you can call me Doc Pake. Don't be making any advances.  :shaka:

They say it's impossible to put a price on one's self respect.

I guess we're going with $9?     :D

:geekdanc: :shaka:

[jk]
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Eric808

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »
I use the $0.50 cent disposable ones. They work well for me. No giant ear muff hitting my stock. No headache feeling cause my head wasnt being crushed. Lol

Once i used iphone ear phones cause i forgot my hearing protection but i wasnt gonna drive 10 miles back home then 10 miles back to kokohead then another 10 miles back home when done for the day.

Worked pretty well when i blasted my music on. Without music, lets say i lost my hearing for about a week in my right ear lol.

From Walmart, I bought a bag of the foam earplugs and keep it in my range bag as a backup.  I also have a set in a small ziplock in the glove box, in case I forget to have my ear plugs when I get to the range and get out of my car.

As a side inquiry, I have heard that to help with the involuntary response to the loud noise, individual use the foam type or similar plug with their over the earmuffs.  Have you found that this helps?

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2021, 10:20:11 AM »
From Walmart, I bought a bag of the foam earplugs and keep it in my range bag as a backup.  I also have a set in a small ziplock in the glove box, in case I forget to have my ear plugs when I get to the range and get out of my car.

As a side inquiry, I have heard that to help with the involuntary response to the loud noise, individual use the foam type or similar plug with their over the earmuffs.  Have you found that this helps?
I know many who double up with plugs and muffs. Haven’t heard the reason as to help with flinching or involuntary response. Maybe it does, but I haven’t heard.

On facing the audio receptors rearward for instructions in a class, I do that here and there. Though recently I just turn to face when giving instructions just prior to course of fire.

Overall, I think electronic ear pro is great for many applications. Even when working around power tools in a group. Where it sucks is on places like a flight line where the drone of engines has the sound mitigation always “on”. Noticed that when I had a shooting class and planes and helicopters would fly over here and there (mainland range).