6.5 Creedmoor - Your Experiences & Thoughts (Read 8420 times)

808Hunta

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor - Your Experiences & Thoughts
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2021, 07:40:59 PM »
Anytime brother  :shaka:

Yeah lmk would love to have a few beers with you and talk story. First round is on me  :shaka:

Aloha

drck1000

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 08:00:42 PM »
Found 6.5 CM Lapua LRP brass in stock! Put I my order. Heads next!

I’ve seen the dies in stock as well.

macsak

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »
Found 6.5 CM Lapua LRP brass in stock! Put I my order. Heads next!

I’ve seen the dies in stock as well.

heads

808Hunta

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2021, 08:19:48 AM »
Nice, glad you found some

What bullets you looking for?

Aloha

drck1000

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2021, 08:42:18 AM »
Nice, glad you found some

What bullets you looking for?

Aloha
Hornady 140 gr ELD Match

I found some in stock last night, but shipping is $55. Debating whether or not to just bite the bullet or shop around a bit more.

808Hunta

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2021, 09:55:41 AM »
Yup know what you mean we get raped on shipping!! If I find some better deal I'll lyk bro

Aloha

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »
Hornady 140 gr ELD Match

I found some in stock last night, but shipping is $55. Debating whether or not to just bite the bullet or shop around a bit more.

Contact the seller.  You might get a better deal on shipping for specific quantities or by using other shippers not listed on the website.

Worth asking.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

DocMercy

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »
I asked a weapon dealer about the Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor cal, but he had no inventory or orders in the pipeline. YT reviews are positive. There are two SKUs listed on the web, SKU 18029 (normal stock) and SKU 18025 (Camo). Has anyone encountered one of these rifles on the Koko Head range?

ren

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2021, 07:23:01 PM »
I asked a weapon dealer about the Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor cal, but he had no inventory or orders in the pipeline. YT reviews are positive. There are two SKUs listed on the web, SKU 18029 (normal stock) and SKU 18025 (Camo). Has anyone encountered one of these rifles on the Koko Head range?

I handled one but didn't shoot it. The bolt worked smooth. I liked it. I'm in the same boat and inquired at WGS with no luck in inventory.
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2021, 09:43:33 AM »

SNIP
Yup, I've seen a lot of videos with both 6.5 CM for hunting in my searches on YT.  While I'm looking at bolt guns and target shooting, still pretty interesting on the capabilities of the gun and ammunition.  Also interesting folks testing match ammo for hunting and being surprised that it didn't perform as well as say soft points and other hunting purpose driven ammunition or bullets. 

Sucks that availability on common calibers are terrible.  I recall seeing some posters mention RPR in 6.5 CM though.  Hopefully they can chime in. 

drck1000

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »
Found the Hornady ELD match in stock.  :geekdanc:

Next need to order dies. Might have my 6.5 setup ready before my .308

Ocean19

6.5 Creedmoor - Your Experiences & Thoughts
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2021, 07:47:37 AM »
Found the Hornady ELD match in stock.  :geekdanc:

Next need to order dies. Might have my 6.5 setup ready before my .308
Which dies do you have in mind? Someone mentioned to me the SAC dies are the way to go. I’m sure their great but $350 each die does puts a dent in the wallet.

I was looking at mighty armory FL dies. The neck size is a couple thou below a fully loaded round and it has a built in mandrel that sizes the neck back up to 1 thou under bullet diameter. Concentricity suppose to be around .0005 and requires the use of lanolin/alcohol type lube.

Their FL dies is not as expensive as SAC but not as cheap as Redding or Forster. I’m still doing more research on the mighty armory, if they have a good Labor Day sale maybe I’ll jump on the boat.

drck1000

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2021, 08:14:11 AM »
Which dies do you have in mind? Someone mentioned to me the SAC dies are the way to go. I’m sure their great but $350 each die does puts a dent in the wallet.

I was looking at mighty armory FL dies. The neck size is a couple thou below a fully loaded round and it has a built in mandrel that sizes the neck back up to 1 thou under bullet diameter. Concentricity suppose to be around .0005 and requires the use of lanolin/alcohol type lube.

Their FL dies is not as expensive as SAC but not as cheap as Redding or Forster. I’m still doing more research on the mighty armory, if they have a good Labor Day sale maybe I’ll jump on the boat.
I am thinking same at for .308, which is Forster seating and Redding bushing sizing dies.  I am transitioning from RCBS press to a Forster press.  I have the press, but just haven't had a chance to setup.

I saw those SAC dies.  Not out of the question, but yikes.  It will likely be a while until I get them.  I have their comparators for .308 and will likely get them for 6.5 CM when they get back in stock.  I'll hit them up eventually on the dies. 

I was also thinking of trying the arbor press for bullet seating with the Whidden die.  But just a thought at this point.  Maybe down the road.  Don't want to introduce too many variables at this time. 

Ocean19

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2021, 04:58:25 AM »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 02:01:24 AM by Ocean19 »

drck1000

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »
[IMG]SNIP
Uh, ok.  If that floats your boat. . . anyways

drck1000

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2021, 07:11:56 PM »
Brass arrived today.  Ordered from Whidden.  First time ordering from them and very impressed.  The box was packed very well, with each box individually packaged, gaps in the box filled well, and taped very well.  They even offer a gift after your first order.  I’ve been eyeing their dies, so this might get me to try more of their products.

Bullets on the way.  So very close to loading up for 6.5.  Think the barreled action is still a couple of weeks away though. 

Ocean19

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2021, 11:04:32 PM »
Brass arrived today.  Ordered from Whidden.  First time ordering from them and very impressed.  The box was packed very well, with each box individually packaged, gaps in the box filled well, and taped very well.  They even offer a gift after your first order.  I’ve been eyeing their dies, so this might get me to try more of their products.

Bullets on the way.  So very close to loading up for 6.5.  Think the barreled action is still a couple of weeks away though.

I could be wrong but aren't the whidden dies small base dies?

drck1000

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
I could be wrong but aren't the whidden dies small base dies?
Dunno about all of their dies, but the ones I was looking at (bushing sizing and micrometer seating) are basically the same as the I have now, which is Redding sizing and Forster seating. At least from the Whidden videos I’ve watched of them. I initially got interested in them as during the shortage of everything, they had .308 dies in stock, but didn’t know much about them back then.

I also have been considering trying arbor press and Wilson bullet seating die, but will likely stick with the current dies and implement the Forster press.