Why was the Holocaust allowed to happen? (Read 18349 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Why was the Holocaust allowed to happen?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2021, 10:00:39 PM »
I went to the Holocaust museum in Israel, it wasn't just the Nazi effort, it was a number of things happening around Europe that slowly made it acceptable to treat the Jews with such contempt. Anti-Jew sentiments grew slowly after WW1, it just culminated with the Nazi final solution.

But if you are trying to find a comparison between that and vaccine passports, I think that is quite the stretch.

Jews have been oppressed, persecuted and treated with sometimes violent contempt throughout the last 2000+ years. 

It's nothing that began in the last couple of centuries.  Even Shakespeare used a Jew named Shylock as the villain in his play The Merchant of Venice, written in the 16th Century.

There are half a dozen theories on why Jews have been mistreated and scapegoated.  Germany is the worst example, as they attempted genocide on a scale never before seen.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2021, 04:57:22 AM »
When taught about it in school, I've always asked this question. And why didn't the Jews who out number their Nazi guards rise up and overrun the camps?
Because they were afraid to die.  10 men with guns can easily control a hundred unarmed men unless they are all on the same page like the passengers who overpowered the 9-11 hijackers. This would require pre-planning and the willingness to die while trying from everyone.  Same question could be asked of the black slaves in America. Fear and not wanting to die made them endure gross mistreatment for decades until people outside of their group set them free.

aieahound

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2021, 09:53:54 PM »
Allowed (?) To happen ?

omnigun

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2021, 10:01:46 PM »
Surprised no one brought up the Uyghurs the modern holocaust. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2021, 10:21:16 PM »
Allowed (?) To happen ?
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 10:50:00 PM »
Surprised no one brought up the Uyghurs the modern holocaust.

Why?
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 11:06:08 PM »
When taught about it in school, I've always asked this question. And why didn't the Jews who out number their Nazi guards rise up and overrun the camps?

Now I understand.  It's not just the Nazi's who committed the murders, torture, guarded, etc...It's also all the non Jews (German citizens) who went along with the program and bought into the propaganda that they were told.

There's a very famous experiment that demonstrated the relationship between conscience and obedience to authority.

The Milgram experiment(s) on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology
experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram. They measured the
willingness of study participants, men from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels
of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their
personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated
experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner". These fake electric
shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.[2]

Two-thirds of the "teachers" asking the questions would have administered shocks for their "learners'" wrong answers at levels capable of killing the "learner" had the scenario been real.

Even the teachers who hesitated at delivering the highest level shocks continued after being reassured that they would not be held responsible for any injury or death that might occur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Anyone who thinks they would have acted differently in Nazi Germany should watch this start to finish.

-- Melvin Udall

Jl808

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 06:23:17 AM »
FJ, I recall reading / watching something about that study a long time ago. I agree that it is a very disturbing thing that most people will just blindly follow orders from those in authority and do not question whether what they are being told to do is ethical or not. 

Also, there’s also this interesting video about MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes Mentally Ill

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

RSN172

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 06:59:07 AM »
WE ALL gun NUTS.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »
Jews have been oppressed, persecuted and treated with sometimes violent contempt throughout the last 2000+ years. 

It's nothing that began in the last couple of centuries.  Even Shakespeare used a Jew named Shylock as the villain in his play The Merchant of Venice, written in the 16th Century.

There are half a dozen theories on why Jews have been mistreated and scapegoated.  Germany is the worst example, as they attempted genocide on a scale never before seen.

True but there were certain motivating factors that followed WW1 that helped to spur on the crawl towards the genocide seen in WW2.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 08:26:45 PM »
True but there were certain motivating factors that followed WW1 that helped to spur on the crawl towards the genocide seen in WW2.

The Jews were not the only targets of WWII Nazis.  They killed:

Russians,
Poles,
Jehovah’s Witnesses,
Roma Gypsies,
Other Slavic Groups,
Homosexuals,
the Mentally and Physically disabled,
and non-Jews who were married to Jews (choice between divorce & live, or stay married & go to a concentration camp).

Blacks were another group, but they were mostly sterilized vs. murdered.

It was all part of Hitler's "Master Race" solution. 

So, the genocide was inarguably the concoction of a deranged and evil mind.  There's no logic or "factors" that led one group to be singled out for destruction over another.  The Jews happened to represent a much larger percentage of the population.  Don't be misguided into thinking, "The Nazis hated the Jews," and think their hatred stopped there.

I've read this list in many places, but here's one I found that expounds a bit on each group's specific details:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/non-jewish-victims-of-the-holocaust
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 08:42:53 PM »

Russians,
Poles,
Jehovah’s Witnesses,
Roma Gypsies,
Other Slavic Groups,
Homosexuals,
and non-Jews who were married to Jews (choice between divorce & live, or stay married & go to a concentration camp).

So, the genocide was inarguably the concoction of a deranged and evil mind.  There's no logic or "factors" that led one group to be singled out for destruction over another.  The Jews happened to represent a much larger percentage of the population.  Don't be misguided into thinking, "The Nazis hated the Jews," and think their hatred stopped there.

I've read this list in many places, but here's one I found that expounds a bit on each group's specific details:

Indeed, the increasingly negative views about the Jews extended well beyond just the Nazis, that is what I was trying to say.

Nazi ideologies lead to the targeting other groups as well, I was just addressing the jewish aspects.

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2021, 12:47:35 PM »
Most people don't know the others who were screwed over. And it would just confuse them. So easier to just say Jews and Hitler, and everyone knows what you're talking about. Understanding the concept though is a different story.

drck1000

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »
Most people don't know the others who were screwed over. And it would just confuse them. So easier to just say Jews and Hitler, and everyone knows what you're talking about. Understanding the concept though is a different story.
There are some WWII history shows on here and there.  A few channels in the low 1300 range. 

There are a lot of movies and shows about the European theater.  I've found the other theaters, like Africa and the South Pacific to be a lot more interesting. 

groveler

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »

Russians,
Poles,
Jehovah’s Witnesses,
Roma Gypsies,
Other Slavic Groups,
Homosexuals,

Those groups were also killed, but I think what really bothers most
people is the Germans and the other countries killing their own citizens
as long as they were "Jew".
Two of my great grandparents were Polish Jews,  but got out prior to WW I
or I guess I would not be here.
I suspect the reason for such hatred is fairly simple and it is all based in religion.
Before our resident Humanist jumps in and talks about the benefits of Atheism,
which is really a worship of Gaia. I'm going to point at eons of man's history.
Man seems to need religion, evolution should have rid us of it, if it wasn't useful.
 :worship:

aieahound

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »
Who “allowed” it to happen ?
The Jews themselves ? The Germans who didn’t fight against it ?
With guns pointed at them (figuratively and literally)
The rest of the world who didn’t know the reality of what was happening?

Who allowed the Holocaust?
Who allowed all the genocide in the modern (not current) African nation civil wars ?

Who allowed ? That throws me off.
Should the Jews have taken up small arms against the German military ?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 04:00:34 PM »
Many who saw the evil in the Nazi Party and Adolph Hitler formed resistance groups. Some used violence and military tactics, while others became spies for the European Allied Forces.

Then there are those who tried to excise the cancer that was the Führer. 

List of assassination attempts on Adolf Hitler:

https://www.totallytimelines.com/adolf-hitler-assassination-attempts-1921-1945/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassination_attempts_on_Adolf_Hitler

While no single attempt to stop the 3rd Reich succeeded in stopping Hitler, their efforts helped the allied forces immensely.  Hypothetically, had there been more joining the resistance movement, perhaps the lives lost would have been the war criminals instead of the concentration camp victims.

There are people on this forum who would walk past a man being beaten rather than get involved trying to help -- for legal and self preservation reasons.  Not difficult to pick out the people who would "allow" evil to prevail.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:12:20 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2021, 04:48:33 PM »
Who “allowed” it to happen ?
The Jews themselves ? The Germans who didn’t fight against it ?
With guns pointed at them (figuratively and literally)
The rest of the world who didn’t know the reality of what was happening?

Who allowed the Holocaust?
Who allowed all the genocide in the modern (not current) African nation civil wars ?

Who allowed ? That throws me off.
Should the Jews have taken up small arms against the German military ?
Germans allowed it to happen.

changemyoil66

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »
Many who saw the evil in the Nazi Party and Adolph Hitler formed resistance groups. Some used violence and military tactics, while others became spies for the European Allied Forces.

Then there are those who tried to excise the cancer that was the Führer. 

List of assassination attempts on Adolf Hitler:

https://www.totallytimelines.com/adolf-hitler-assassination-attempts-1921-1945/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassination_attempts_on_Adolf_Hitler

While no single attempt to stop the 3rd Reich succeeded in stopping Hitler, their efforts helped the allied forces immensely.  Hypothetically, had there been more joining the resistance movement, perhaps the lives lost would have been the war criminals instead of the concentration camp victims.

There are people on this forum who would walk past a man being beaten rather than get trying to help -- for legal and self preservation reasons.  Not difficult to pick out the people who would "allow" evil to prevail.
U mean stay neutral. Not allowing comes in many forms and doesnt have to be physical. So "neutral" means the person would allow it.

And only 1 person here wants to make life difficult for people. So i dont buy "id be neutral".

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:02:48 PM by changemyoil66 »

omnigun

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »
U mean stay neutral. Not allowing comes in many forms and doesnt have to be physical. So "neutral" means the person would allow it.

And only 1 person here wants to make life difficult for people. So i dont buy "id be neutral".

Depends if it effects me or those I care about.

I was fairly neutral during Trump era,  I listen to his laws,  didn't protest his stupidity other than words. Even now in the Biden era,  I am similar. 

If I was in Germany and not Jewish.  Would I support Hitler?  No.  Would I try and assassinate him?  No.
If people don't follow covid rules I judge them but I don't go out of my way to interfere.  I let the government do its job and get people to follow rules.  I am not the police.

If being neutral by your weird standards means I would allow it, I guess that's true.  Even now I allow people not to be vaxxed. 

I don't believe many here would be much different.  People talk a big game but most want to survive, and live "normal" lives.  Don't rock the boat,  live a "decent" life. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:17:45 PM by omnigun »