CDC talked everyone into taking the shots, time to talk you out of your guns (Read 7256 times)

Glasser

They have to protect your health, its for your own good.

CNN EXCLUSIVE 'Something has to be done': After decades of near-silence from the CDC, the agency's director is speaking up about gun violence

"Something has to be done about this," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in an exclusive interview with CNN. "Now is the time -- it's pedal to the metal time."
"The scope of the problem is just bigger than we're even hearing about, and when your heart wrenches every day you turn on the news, you're only hearing the tip of the iceberg," Walensky said.
 "We haven't spent the time, energy and frankly the resources to understand this problem because it's been so divided."
"I swore to the President and to this country that I would protect your health. This is clearly one of those moments, one of those issues that is harming America's health," Walensky said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/27/health/cdc-gun-research-walensky/

omnigun

In 2018, then President Donald Trump signed a government spending bill that allowed the CDC to conduct gun violence research

omnigun

Let them do their "research" they still have to prove it.  I doubt they can.  I don't support this effort from the CDC. There are more important things to focus on.   

Glasser

2 Weeks to Flatten the Curve™

oldfart

The CDC director is on a personal crusade.
Her firend's-cousin's-son got shot so she made it her mission in life to take away guns from everybody.

Same as Sarah Brady (Handgun control inc., Bradyunited)
Same as Candy Lightner (MADD)

This is what women do when they feel victimized....they start crusades.
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

Seeing as how the CDC violated a Supreme Court ruling and declared a law unto themselves regarding private property rights (eviction moratorium) this is definitely concerning. How many leftist states are going to adopt unconstitutional confiscation policies because "CDC made me do it"?

Suddenly I feel the urge to take a boat trip.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

"Those aren't your guns, pleb. Those are the government's guns and now we want them back."

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

The CDC director is on a personal crusade.
Her firend's-cousin's-son got shot so she made it her mission in life to take away guns from everybody.

Same as Sarah Brady (Handgun control inc., Bradyunited)
Same as Candy Lightner (MADD)

This is what women do when they feel victimized....they start crusades.

and when they run over their own children or leave them in their hot car
Deeds Not Words

groveler

From their website under mission
"CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise."
Health threats is pretty broad.   Looks like they decided to include guns.
There is only one way to deal with Liberals.  Pol Pot had the right idea.
Empty the cities.
 :thumbsup:

omnigun

From their website under mission
"CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise."
Health threats is pretty broad.   Looks like they decided to include guns.
There is only one way to deal with Liberals.  Pol Pot had the right idea.
Empty the cities.

:thumbsup:

:wtf: :crazy: :wtf:

hvybarrels

OMG a closet liberal! Nobody ever saw that coming.  ::)

Glasser

OMG a closet liberal! Nobody ever saw that coming.  ::)

Use a more accurate picture.

Flapp_Jackson

The #1 problem with funding the CDC to study gun violence is that the agenda has already been identified: guns.

I would not complain if the CDC wanted to study violence regardless of the type of injury or implement used.  Other tools are responsible for more deaths and violent attacks than guns, yet the study is only focused on gun-related cases.

It would be like studying Christians that cheat on their taxes.  The problem is already identified:  too many Christians cheat on taxes than any other group.

The same bias is apparent when focusing on guns vs. all other causes of injury.

The article said part of the study money is to identify whether the gunshot injury seen in an ER was intentionally self-inflicted, accidental/negligent, or intentionally inflict by someone else.  That alone tells you the CDC is not even considering the stats already being collected by law enforcement (FBI).  We already know that 60% of gun deaths are suicides.

Seems like much of the studying will be redundant.  If you don't like the current numbers & conclusions collected for decades, pay for a second opinion.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

bass monkey

The CDC already did a study. 
Obama or Bush authorized it. 
The results were published & confirmed what everyone knew.

omnigun

I see there's alot of polpot supporters here.   Hes right up there with hitler.  Makes sense. 

Flapp_Jackson

The CDC already did a study. 
Obama or Bush authorized it. 
The results were published & confirmed what everyone knew.

Obama created a Gun Violence Task Force, and put Biden in charge of it.  Approving the CDC to do stats gathering nationally was in the list of executive orders Biden's Task Force recommended, but I don't see where that was ever implemented.

The other study was on the effectiveness of banning Assault Weapons.  In that report, many facts were included in the discussion, including the fact that defensive use of firearms massively outnumbers the number of people killed with guns, as well as those injured with guns.

The real issue is that the 2nd Amendment was created in part to allow the populace to protect ourselves from a government that infringes on protected rights.  Now that same government will be using our tax dollars to study and implement gun control -- something that directly benefits a government that's infringing on individual liberties.

These studies will never be used to make gun ownership easier or safer.  It'll only be used to inhibit ownership, because the underlying premise of the CDC will always be "Guns Bad."
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

I see there's alot of polpot supporters here.   Hes right up there with hitler.  Makes sense.

"polpot?"

Is that some kind of cannabis derivative?
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

"polpot?"

Is that some kind of cannabis derivative?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

Some people apparently support him.  Are you included?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 02:58:33 PM by omnigun »

hvybarrels

eyeeatingfish

The case can certainly be made that guns are a public health issue and if the CDC managed to get rid of all guns reduce the total number of deaths in this country.

BUT

The CDC would probably save even more lives if they got rid of alcohol
AND
I don't think it is acceptable to lose the check and balance against government abuse even if we save more lives in total.