HDF BONUS Range Day - Saturday June 29, 2019 - Scoped .22 (Read 4610 times)

MantisClaw

Watch your holds and make those shots count, we've got Action Bay 2 for a BONUS Range Day and we're running a Scoped .22 Skill Builder.
Due to the nature of this Skill Builder, there will be no Open Shoot.

7:30am: Set up.  Once everything is ready, gear up for Skill Builder
8:00: Instructional Skill Builder

Skill Builder Required Gear:
Reliable .22lr rifle
YOUR RIFLE WILL BE IN THE DIRT.  SAFE QUEENS BEWARE.
300 rounds .22lr
Note taking material
Minimum 4x Magnified Optic
Ability to hold 20 rounds into 2 or more mags (2 mags of 10, 4 mags of 5, etc)
Backpack or pack to shoot off of
Chamber flag
Sharpies

Useful but not required
Rear squeeze bags
Bipod
Snacks/Water

We welcome all skill levels with the expectation that participating shooters have familiarized themselves with the platform they wish to bring. This includes being able to safely load and unload their firearm unassisted.

Long pants/sleeves, food and plenty of water STRONGLY recommended.

Cost: $50 Members, $60 Nonmembers.

If you would like to attend the skill builder portion please RSVP at hdfrangeday@thehdf.org

Please follow all Kokohead range and HDF specific rules.
Failure to comply will result in instant removal and future attendance denial.

Please note that we have had trouble in the past with late cancellations. Please try to give 72 hours advance notice if you are unable to make it. Abuse of this may result in relegation to wait list.

bushmasta55

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • "Drop your weapons!" "Come and take them!"
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: HDF BONUS Range Day - Saturday June 29, 2019 - Scoped .22
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:55:36 PM »
Very interested. Anyone going ?

macsak

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:49:48 AM »
there are a few people signed up already, a couple are active members here

just take note about the no safe queens rule

Bushido

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »

I am. I'm sure I'll learn a lot, I always do. Hopefully some of them Vudoos I see at the range will come out.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »
I am. I'm sure I'll learn a lot, I always do. Hopefully some of them Vudoos I see at the range will come out.

To nice to get dirty.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
I'm interested to see if semi auto is king.

Bushido

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »
I'm interested to see if semi auto is king.

Sensei has a semi. I will have both or should I say "bolt". Maybe more.... :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc:

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:01:21 AM »
Will there be a lunch break?

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 09:12:10 AM »
For all wondering, no lunch break.

Bushido

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 05:14:00 PM »
For all wondering, no lunch break.
s

:shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 08:23:00 AM »
Thnnks for the class. A few things i learned. The class was set up hitting targets from a nickel to a straw hole size targets at 40ish yards. So u needed a some what accurate 22. From a bench my 22s grouping with no rear bag is between a nickle and dime at 50yrds. And POI is pretty much there.

Bench shooting is way diff from other positions. Crosshairs move left to right way more, and from prone a squigilly line. 22 is currently set up as a bench gun, not sure if im gonna modify to multi position gun. I used a backpack to shoot off of.

When shooting support side, I was at 18x. Couldnt see anything, optic was all black. Lowered to 8x and could see better. 1st time shooting support side. Finding the target was fine, even at 18x.

When assembling a platform to rest the 22 on, make sure to take some time to have a solid base. My base started to shift which caused misses. But at the same time. Dont spend to much time if youre under a time limit.

Of all the spots to set up, i set up on a damn red ant hill. Moved later on.

The Ruger Percision (rprr) shot very accurate, all misses were the indian.

A semi auto would have an advantage for follow up shots if its a tac driver vs. a bolt action.

Overall I had fun and learned a lot. And ammo is CHEAP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »
Thnnks for the class. A few things i learned. The class was set up hitting targets from a nickel to a straw hole size targets at 40ish yards. So u needed a some what accurate 22. From a bench my 22s grouping with no rear bag is between a nickle and dime at 50yrds. And POI is pretty much there.

Bench shooting is way diff from other positions. Crosshairs move left to right way more, and from prone a squigilly line. 22 is currently set up as a bench gun, not sure if im gonna modify to multi position gun. I used a backpack to shoot off of.

When shooting support side, I was at 18x. Couldnt see anything, optic was all black. Lowered to 8x and could see better. 1st time shooting support side. Finding the target was fine, even at 18x.

When assembling a platform to rest the 22 on, make sure to take some time to have a solid base. My base started to shift which caused misses. But at the same time. Dont spend to much time if youre under a time limit.

Of all the spots to set up, i set up on a damn red ant hill. Moved later on.

The Ruger Percision (rprr) shot very accurate, all misses were the indian.

A semi auto would have an advantage for follow up shots if its a tac driver vs. a bolt action.

Overall I had fun and learned a lot. And ammo is CHEAP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It wasn't quite what I had expected. I was expecting something more along the lines of a NRL22 course of fire. Nonetheless, another good skill builder. Fun to shoot with old friends and new shooters.

I did have a semi with me that is capable of the same accuracy of my bolt. IMO it always comes down to the indian.

Come shoot with me in stall #19. I try to always bring different supports/barricades and have a ton of swingers down to 3/16". Bring the Mrs.