Tupola for Governor (Read 17276 times)

Q

Re: Tupola for Governor
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
Was in contact with some folks with HRA. They have been tracking her and she as apparently voted pro-2a most of the time. I’m gonna try to get a consolidated list of bills and record her voting history. My contact with an HRA board member mentioned that they are planning on meeting with Tupuola when the NRA-ILA rep is gonna visit for this leg session. I’ll try to get more info on that. That sounds like one opportunity.

Why wouldn't they organize something and invite ALL the firearm community.

There are many people that can be leaders.   Organizations, instructors, competitive shooters, military and law enforcement, and every day people.  Anyone can lead and I encourage everyone to try.  My tip is learn as much as you can and don't be afraid to fail.  Everyone fails, it's how you deal and learn from it that matters.  I'll help anyone that wants to lead a project, no experience needed.

For view count, I'm usually scanning the forums quickly but may not have time to write a response or I'll ponder on it for a while or sometimes I'll wait and see what other people respond with first.

I'M IN! (as long as I don't have to work at that time)

Im not afraid to lead. I just don't want to waste my time with people not showing up.

Jl808 put together something great, and there was very little support.  All the sunshine patriots that are supposedly going to defend America and our rights to the death had nothing but excuses. I wouldn't want him or anyone else to have to go through that, to include myself, so i won't don't sacrifice my time and resources unless i have large scale 100% commitment.

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »

I dunno. Maybe they were gonna plan something, but not yet. They do a pretty good job of getting things together for the SSF, or at least what I can see. Also, from what I can see, it’s very tough to get the various shooting groups together. So much bickering. Not making excuses, just what I see. I am involved with a bunch of different groups and enjoy them all.

Can HRA do more, better, etc? Sure. However, I see lots of “they should do this” or “why don’t they do that” from many outsiders who dont step up themselves and get involved. I’m not saying that’s you Q, but definitely a lot of that going on here. Much like society. So much of people looking to others to do something, help them, etc.

Anyway, trying to help things here and that’s what counts. Get involved now.

zippz

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »

I'm already working on that w nraila to talk to the community.  Wasn't planning Tupola being there though.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »
I'm already working on that w nraila to talk to the community.  Wasn't planning Tupola being there though.

Btw who will definitely go (or make their best effort to go)to the session with nra.    May be short notice.

Edit-- nevermind don't want to hijack this thread 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:02:49 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Direjackalope

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
I would be interested in attending. I have unpredictable hours at work and am on call so I can’t give a solid commitment. I’ll be looking forward to hearing more if/when things solidify. If I can’t put my butt in a seat I can at least bust out my wallet for something that is going to positively affect Hawaii.

Bushido

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 08:05:57 PM »
I have a very hectic schedule during the weekdays. I am fed up with the politics in Hawaii and will do my best to make a meeting with a standup candidate.

ren

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
my non 2A friends are interested
Deeds Not Words

bass monkey

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »
I don't lead.

The "leaders" should be the groups and individuals that supposedly have influence in the firearm community. If these groups can organize events and range days, i don't see why they can't get their members to meet a politician that at least acts like they care, and has demonstrated they are willing to do the right thing by the people with actions instead of words.

People keep crying for change, and she's the best bet we have, so i don't know why more people aren't jumping on this.

I saw that the view count is currently 167 for this thread, and only 4 people have responded,  with 4 at least expressing interest in talking with her. And people continue to wonder why nothing changes in Hawaii  :rofl:

This thread only been up for a day.
I'm sure planning a range day,  SSF, gun shows etc takes some time. 
Give it time

rklapp

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »
As I said before, I think she has a pretty good chance of winning as a backlash against Ige’s Liberal agenda. For now, just knowing she’s pro-2a is enough for me without making it part of her gubernatorial campaign. Later when she’s in office, we can push the pro-2a legislation and remind her of the support we gave her.

Her current constituents are in Koolina and Nanakuli.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rep_Tupola
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:11:48 AM by rklapp »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

macsak

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »

I believe they are meeting with her as part of the legislative agenda for now

the NRA-ILA comes every year at the end of session (usually around march gun show time)

zippz

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
Q...did she give you a timeline on when she was available?  I know the legislature ramps up next week.

Q

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »
Q...did she give you a timeline on when she was available?  I know the legislature ramps up next week.

I'm coordinating something for my community now.

mill8316

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »
I would very much like to go, if I am not on a trip. Tupola has a very good record community wise and is very effective and listens to her constituents needs (rather than just towing the party line etc). I think she would be a better governor than anyone we have had lately based on that alone. I would like to find out more about her 2a stance, and I hope it is a friendly one. Because that would just be the icing on the cake.

punaperson

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
I would very much like to go, if I am not on a trip. Tupola has a very good record community wise and is very effective and listens to her constituents needs (rather than just towing the party line etc). I think she would be a better governor than anyone we have had lately based on that alone. I would like to find out more about her 2a stance, and I hope it is a friendly one. Because that would just be the icing on the cake.
I wrote her two weeks ago asking her stance of various 2A issues (shall issue CCW, handgun mag limits, etc.). Haven't heard a word back.

Also, according to her Republican primary opponent, she has voted with the Dems 90% of the time. Maybe that's what her constituents want, but why would they vote for a "Republican" if they want someone who follow the Dem party line 90% of the time? Maybe just really bad Dem candidates, or something.

zippz

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:38 AM »
I wrote her two weeks ago asking her stance of various 2A issues (shall issue CCW, handgun mag limits, etc.). Haven't heard a word back.

Also, according to her Republican primary opponent, she has voted with the Dems 90% of the time. Maybe that's what her constituents want, but why would they vote for a "Republican" if they want someone who follow the Dem party line 90% of the time? Maybe just really bad Dem candidates, or something.

Can't win here being a pure republican.  And even if a conservative ran, you can do much because the legislature will just override vetos. 

If we have a 2a meeting or whatever, I'll try and figure out how to do skype sessions or at least record it for outerislanders to see.

rpoL98

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 02:54:56 PM »
might be worthwhile to reach out to the hot rod (cars) guys also, they're lacking for a drag strip.  when Mufi was running before, got quite a lot of interest from the car guys.  and there's a pretty good amount of overlap between car guys and gun guys (and gals).

like the late Bob Petersen, started Hot Rod magazine, and Guns & Ammo magazine.

rklapp

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
Can't win here being a pure republican.  And even if a conservative ran, you can do much because the legislature will just override vetos. 
I agree. In the years I've been here, the GOP candidate seems to be the same... retired lawyer who stands for business interests, no immigration, no welfare, no taxes, no abortions... all noble causes but never stands a chance in this State. What's worse... a liberal governor or a RINO governor? Sorry, those are likely your only choices here.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Heavies

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »
She's more likely pro 2A, and she'll most likely get my vote.

Lihikai

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »
Will be interesting to see what Tupola's election strategy will be.  Hanabusa will have most of the union endorsements, name recognition and a lot of $$.

zippz

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
She's the best candidate we'll get, but I think she's running too early.  She's still fairly new and unknown to many.  I'd rather her get 4 to 8 years more experience.