Rifle range at Kokohead CLOSED (Read 62405 times)

Q

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2013, 11:23:43 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:50:15 PM by Q »

matt0137

Re: Rifle range at Kokohead CLOSED
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »
We are proud of you speaking up for everyone who uses the range. Not many people will go on video to support such a worthy cause....  :thumbsup:

Thanks.  :shaka:
It seemed not too many people would agree to be on camera. Brenton Awa from KITV flagged me down as I was driving away to see if I'd talk to him. I wasn't trying to be some kind of spokesman or anything but I was happy to speak up. Of course, they only use a few phrases. At least they didn't take something out of context.

macsak

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2013, 11:31:54 PM »
If you saw the hat you would say range rooster.... LOL

Check out this comb

that's my "don't frickin put me on tv" hat
it was like watching square dancing seeing everyone spin away whenever the cameras were being moved
8)

macsak

« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »
Thanks.  :shaka:
It seemed not too many people would agree to be on camera. Brenton Awa from KITV flagged me down as I was driving away to see if I'd talk to him. I wasn't trying to be some kind of spokesman or anything but I was happy to speak up. Of course, they only use a few phrases. At least they didn't take something out of context.

yeah, i am glad they didn't edit it to make us look bad
great job, matt

macsak

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2013, 11:34:20 PM »
That really is one sexy hat.

In fact, it inspired me to buy a hat to try and one up Mac

yeah, it's called "urban uncle" camouflage

Funtimes

« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2013, 11:47:49 PM »
Finger on the trigger? Come on man, don't give me that shit.

I see a left hand coming around from the firing side of the magazine well to grip the gun in a competition style hold. Who can fit two fingers up near the trigger well like that ET?

Dolomite

« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »

yeah, it's called "urban uncle" camouflage

This might have been a better cover

ren

« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
BTW: Enjoy the following.
And whoever it is in the first photo : you are a fucking idiot and deserve to be banned from the range for doing idiotic shit like this. Its because of people like this that we can't have nice things.
As many pointed out that is how you mount the rifle from the standing position. That wasn't me and the coach is a distinguished Marine shooter. I do the same thing but my muzzle is not high enough, nor is my trigger finger in the well until my front sight is in the black. Besides all I shoot at Kokohead is my 22LR CLE upper for practice. I knew Knudsen was taking pics of people that are match shooters.

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2013, 11:59:59 PM »
Using those pictures only proves he has no clue what he's seeing or talking about!  Picking on Olympic style shooters is really idiotic.  In fact if we extrapolate their position and angle it will only prove the impossibility of rounds ever hitting anywhere except the backstop.  And last time I checked nobody grows produce at or even remotely near the range.  He clearly has an agenda, backed by who knows what.  Enjoy your 15 minutes knud dude.  If you are found to be lying I hope charges are brought against you.

Great interview matt0137, thank you.

Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

Q

« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:50:23 PM by Q »

Sigma

« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
ok, i didn't watch the khon clip all the way through
i was switching between channels at 10 pm

the guy on the phone is the person in october whose house was shot
i talked to him at the neighborhood board meeting
he told me he supports the second amendment and does not want the range closed
he has shot before, but is not a range user
he told me "i can't say where it came from, i just don't want my house shot"
i was looking him straight in the eye at the time
i believe him

in response to what knudsen said about cost and contamination
well...
i want to say what the parks director said, but i'd rather not our feline friend read what i was told if he is monitoring 2aHI
let him find out through his own research
send me a pm if you want to know

When Knudsen was talking directly to Mayor Caldwell, Knudsen directly stated that without a full renovation of the berm (e.g. removing it and replacing the dirt completely) that he thinks just adding dirt will not help prevent berm ricochets because the new dirt would just get shot out of the way. The mayor respectfully disagreed.

Dolomite

Rifle range at Kokohead CLOSED
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »
Damn found a bullet on my rug..... Well I live in town and it has to be from Koko head, the ricochet is killa....

Q

« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2013, 01:06:58 AM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:50:29 PM by Q »

jaynick

« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2013, 01:48:25 AM »

This distance

Hit this house

On this street

With this bullet

not sure where that window is facing, but according to google earth pro the distance to his house from the firing line is a little under 2300 yards or 1.3 miles
the other "incident" marked above on the map with a red exclamation mark is 2400 yards away.. in case anyone else was wondering.

did the news mention the caliber of the projectile in mention?

mmmorgalis64

« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2013, 04:01:22 AM »
Maybe it's the white birds on the range, maybe they pick up the rounds, fly off, then drop them???

I think the RO's do a good job.

i have yet to see anyone point a firearm in the air at the times I've been to the rifle range.

Do people hunt anywhere around that area? Could anyone in the area have fired in the sky for celebration fire? I live in the Green Zone of China Town and I swear I here gunshots sometimes. I wonder if HPD has actually investigated this to find out the actual location or close to where these rounds came from? I know they can, maybe it doesn't fit their agenda, If the gun(s) that fired these rounds are registered, i'm pretty sure they could track them down with a little leg work. After a large group of us dealt with HPD to do training, I've never seen any L/E outside of the Caribbean not know what the hell they were talking about or stutter and back track on Local Laws. I find those pictures funny as they fit the agenda of this idiot, perfect timing, i wonder what the pictures before and after from these 2 pictures look like on his camera, some people should find a way into a crab cage at the bottom of the pacific.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:47 AM »
I found some cat shit in my yard this morning.

I vote we euthanize every single cat in Hawaii now.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

ren

« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »
So what we have in one person whos real intent is to shutter the range and takes pictures of competitive shooters.

MMM

« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »
So what we have in one person whos real intent is to shutter the range and takes pictures of competitive shooters.

1) cat lover
2) taking pictures of men from behind.

my son swims in meets and one of the main things we do is to stop people from taking pictures of the kids from behind while on the swim platform.
we need to stop this perve.    :crazy:

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »
The Damage i seen to the screen is very strange.  it does not look like it came from a bullet.  Looks like a giant rip.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Dolomite

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
Bullet was traveling sideways to make a wide rip in the screen....