Oh no, I suck again. (Read 2940 times)

desperado

Oh no, I suck again.
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
Ok, so I can't count and am going to register my new rifle tomorrow (on the 6th day). Are they (the police) going to be mad at me? Any one else register late? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks!

Brett

PS It's a S&W MP15-22 and I love it!!! It's my kids new favorite!

macsak

Re: Oh no, I suck again.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »
Ok, so I can't count and am going to register my new rifle tomorrow (on the 6th day). Are they (the police) going to be mad at me? Any one else register late? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks!

Brett

PS It's a S&W MP15-22 and I love it!!! It's my kids new favorite!

no, just be up front about it
tell them you suck and they will hopefully smile
that's allegedly what i did when it allegedly happened to me

desperado

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »
Thanks!

They've always been so nice, I feel I've let them down!

nathanm14fan

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
I once saw a guy register a new rifle nearly 20 days late, and other than telling him not to do it again, it was no problem. Judging from the conversation, the owner was never contacted by HPD and told to bring it in to register. Supposedly they will try and contact people who have passed the registration time limit since they have the record of transfer from the FFL, but that probably wasn't done in this case.

macsak

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
Thanks!

They've always been so nice, I feel I've let them down!

you could always bring malassadas
 :thumbsup:

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:52:23 PM »
you could always bring malassadas
 :thumbsup:
wise choice young jedi

macsak

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »
wise choice young jedi

just a youngling compared to you
 :D

Q

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:26:30 PM by Q »

mmmorgalis64

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »
So, I bought a rifle the day before I got married, last one I said to myself for a while. Smuggled it in the house and hid it. I bought it after HPDs normal hours. Completely forgot about it after the wedding and went on my honeymoon. A couple months later I got a call from HPD and I was like oh sh*t, but they were cool about it, and I went right afterwards and registered it no problem.

Zaytsev2013

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
They are pretty good about it.  I have seen two verbal lambastings in the last couple of months.  One guy waited almost five months because he had forgotten.

"The arrival of the Nazi sniper set us a new task. We had to find him, study habits and methods, and patiently await the moment for one, and only one, well-aimed shot"

desperado

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
And no lucky for me today either! Eating Taco Del Mar for lunch before heading down to register...and I crack my tooth! Oh snap, that hurt! So then I head over to Dental when I spend the next 2 hours.

I wonder what Monday has in store for me!

On a good note I picked up a spotting scope so I might be able to sight in my scope and hit something tomorrow at the range!

Funtimes

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:10:50 AM »
They are pretty good about it.  I have seen two verbal lambastings in the last couple of months.  One guy waited almost five months because he had forgotten.

Ive seen years of not registering. 

Just take the gun in :) no problems.