stabbed in your own home (Read 7211 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

mauidog

Re: stabbed in your own home
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:31:56 PM »
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/27636384/kailua-woman-stabbed-after-finding-burglar-in-her-home
infuriating
another reason for CCW.

Concealed Carry??  She was in her home. 

This is more of an "everyone should avail themselves of the right to keep arms for self defense" situation.  I bet she's thinking about a gun now.  They always do AFTER they realize how helpless they felt.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

edster48

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »
In and out of jail and the nut house, psychologists saying he posed a danger of violence if allowed out "unsupervised".

Yet this is exactly what they allowed to happen, and this woman paid the price.

Another indictment of our judicial system. Guess they figured there was a "good boy" under all the insanity and violence.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »
I can't remember which news outlet reported this, but her neighbors saw the guy wearing a trash bag and latex gloves on his hands walk into her house - but yet it doesn't seem like that prompted any of them to call the cops.   :wtf:  HEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! 
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

ren

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:28 AM »
If people are allowed to sue firearms makers, we should be allowed to sue judges for letting these criminals out.
Deeds Not Words

Tom_G

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:51 AM »
If people are allowed to sue firearms makers, we should be allowed to sue judges for letting these criminals out.

You know, I like the sound of that!  And we should be able to sue the lawmakers who introduced and passed the laws allowing such people to walk free as well.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »
Concealed Carry??  She was in her home.

The article mentioned she was returning home.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

808shooter

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »
He's really a good person, it's the drugs thats to blame....

z06psi

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
When we lived in Kailua I had someone in my house.  I announced "I have a gun" at the top of the stairs and they left quite quickly.  Dumbass missed the large Glock sticker on the back of my truck in the driveway.

Tom_G

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »
When we lived in Kailua I had someone in my house.  I announced "I have a gun" at the top of the stairs and they left quite quickly.  Dumbass missed the large Glock sticker on the back of my truck in the driveway.

Sounds like Tom's philosophy, principle 2, is confirmed!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

sliver

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »
ooo she should have had a gun.  or a knife.

Q

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:23:31 PM by Q »

Tom_G

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »
Thanks to the citizens arrest statute I found in HRS, that won't be happening anymore. 

I'd love it if you'd share that statute!

ren

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
remind them that breadfruit is not covered in COFA
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 10:39:43 PM »
He's really a good person, it's the drugs thats to blame....
I think this dude was exported to Hawaii from another state because they did not want to deal with him.
What, Me Worry?

mauidog

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Q

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 12:07:47 AM »
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:23:36 PM by Q »