Unusual new(er) design pistol (Read 1607 times)

Heavies

Unusual new(er) design pistol
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:58 PM »
Arsenal Strike One pistol.  Unusual locking block mechanism for a pistol, seems similar to a 92 FS system.  Seems pretty cool.  Very low bore axis, very fast unlock and cycle.    Any shot show attendees check these out?

Liking the competition version. 

Surf

Re: Unusual new(er) design pistol
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »
Arsenal Strike One pistol.  Unusual locking block mechanism for a pistol, seems similar to a 92 FS system.  Seems pretty cool.  Very low bore axis, very fast unlock and cycle.    Any shot show attendees check these out?

Yes, I checked them out at SHOT.  I didn't have a lot of time to look around as much as I wanted, however it was one of the "must see" items on my list.  Was more interested in the Strike One Speed version.  The Speed version at SHOT was only the shell and not available to function.  Better rear sight option, faster lock time, lighter weight, proclaimed increase in accuracy, but a bigger price tag obviously.  Supposed to hit the market in the 3rd quarter according to Arsenal.  Great feel in the hand, indeed high grip / bore axis, nice physical trigger shoe and a nice trigger pull.  This is one pistol that I have been wanting for the past year or so.  They are hard enough to get right now, but I am going to wait for the Speed version to come out and try to pick one up.   

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
Yes, I checked them out at SHOT.  I didn't have a lot of time to look around as much as I wanted, however it was one of the "must see" items on my list.  Was more interested in the Strike One Speed version.  The Speed version at SHOT was only the shell and not available to function.  Better rear sight option, faster lock time, lighter weight, proclaimed increase in accuracy, but a bigger price tag obviously.  Supposed to hit the market in the 3rd quarter according to Arsenal.  Great feel in the hand, indeed high grip / bore axis, nice physical trigger shoe and a nice trigger pull.  This is one pistol that I have been wanting for the past year or so.  They are hard enough to get right now, but I am going to wait for the Speed version to come out and try to pick one up.   

Thanks for the review.   Being converted to a CZ fan, I like the advantage of low bore axis.  I too like the "Speed" version better.  What kind of price point was the Speed compared to the production model?

Surf

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 06:49:07 PM »
MSRP if I recall was set at ~$800 and ~$1,200.  I know that the Strikes that have hit the market are true to this price.  Who knows what may happen to street value if / when the availability increases.  I know that sounds like a lot from a poly pistol, but if it performs as advertised, I will still be picking one up.  So far from those who I really trust who have handled one live fire, love it.  No one with a Speed in the wild that I know of right now in the US.

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
MSRP if I recall was set at ~$800 and ~$1,200.  I know that the Strikes that have hit the market are true to this price.  Who knows what may happen to street value if / when the availability increases.  I know that sounds like a lot from a poly pistol, but if it performs as advertised, I will still be picking one up.  So far from those who I really trust who have handled one live fire, love it.  No one with a Speed in the wild that I know of right now in the US.

The quality look very good, even for a poly.  The reviews I have seen have been mixed though.  Some say best thing since sliced bread, good trigger, very low muzzle flip.... yet some said trigger is crap, and couldn't tell if the muzzle rise was much a drastic improvement over existing makes......  I'd like to see what happens when they are released!  Thanks for the insight!