collecting guns, how many of your new guns have you not gotten to shoot yet? (Read 12226 times)

sliver

I seem to be collecting guns (with ammo) lately and have not gotten to shoot any of my new ones.  Just far too busy to actually make the trip down to the range (I wish they were open at night).  So far I have 13 new long guns and 8 handguns I haven't shot yet and I just imported about 5 other handguns and a long gun from the mainland which haven't gotten any range time either.  I was thinking about picking up 2 or 3 more long range long guns and about 5 more handguns (not enough revolvers) to add to the collection... 

How many of your new guns have you not gotten to shoot yet?

paka808

Sounds like an awesome collection of firearms,i think you need a walk in firearm safe.I have 2 carbines I did not have a chance to fire, every time I get a chance to go to the range,i end up grabbing my favorite(SCAR16).

Tom_G

I'm actually "up to date" at the moment.  I do have parts of an AR that haven't been fired yet, but since it isn't a gun yet, I don't think that counts.  And I may have a couple of switch barrel guns that I haven't fired every caliber through yet.  But every functional firearm I own has barked in my hands!

[EDIT]
Oh, right... except for that Enfield.  And those two Mausers.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

mauidog

1.  Sig P320 9MM (bought before Christmas)
2.  S&W M&P 15-22 (registered yesterday)

I have one AR and one pistol I never intend to shoot, so those aren't included.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Heavies

I make it a point to shoot them on the day I register them!  If I got to take days off of work to comply with this states effed up laws, I'm not wasting it!!  >:D    I know one person that hasn't shot many yet...  What's the point of buying if you not trying?  Lol  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kingkeoni

There's different kinds of gun guys.

Some are collectors. They never shoot their collectible guns.

Some are hunters. They shoot to sight in their guns before a hunt.

Some are recreational shooters.  This includes guys that shoot IPSC, USPSA, 3 gun, etc...

Some are pro 2a guys. They will buy a gun simply to preserve their right to own a firearm.

Just because someone buys guns to collect, doesn't make them any less a gun guy than any of the others.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

dogman

Colts?

mauidog

Colts?

1/2 right :)

1.  Colt Python 4" .357 (1978)

2.  Noveske N4 MOE Light Basic -- Factory-built rifle
     14.5" barrel w/pinned flaming pig flash hider, mid-length gas system and Magpul MOE furniture

Seems to be a rather hard-to-find product.  I figured this would be a good AR to hang on to as a possible collectible.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

mauidog

There's different kinds of gun guys.

Some are collectors. They never shoot their collectible guns.

Some are hunters. They shoot to sight in their guns before a hunt.

Some are recreational shooters.  This includes guys that shoot IPSC, USPSA, 3 gun, etc...

Some are pro 2a guys. They will buy a gun simply to preserve their right to own a firearm.

Just because someone buys guns to collect, doesn't make them any less a gun guy than any of the others.
and let's not forget the effect out illustrious leader has had on demand!

aieahound

1/2 right :)

1.  Colt Python 4" .357 (1978)

2.  Noveske N4 MOE Light Basic -- Factory-built rifle
     14.5" barrel w/pinned flaming pig flash hider, mid-length gas system and Magpul MOE furniture

Seems to be a rather hard-to-find product.  I figured this would be a good AR to hang on to as a possible collectible.d

Colt Python.  Nice  :thumbsup:

You pinned a flaming pig flash hider onto a 14.5" Noveske ?  :wacko:

mauidog

Colt Python.  Nice  :thumbsup:

You pinned a flaming pig flash hider onto a 14.5" Noveske ?  :wacko:

Came from the factory pinned to make it legal, HOWEVER ....

I did misremember the brand.  It's not a flaming pig.  It's a Battlecomp BCE 1.5 Black Oxide that looks just like this:

http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=12

It's been sitting in the back of the safe so long, I'm surprised I got the rest of what I posted right!

Hopefully you understand, it's tough to get these small details right when your Chinook chopper gets hit by RPGs on your way to register your rifle the day before your permit expires .....  Memory is a strange thing sometimes!   :wave:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:26:41 PM by mauidog »

dogman

Hopefully you understand, it's tough to get these small details right when your Chinook chopper gets hit by RPGs on your way to register your rifle the day before your permit expires .....  Memory is a strange thing sometimes!   :wave:
I hate when that happens.

sliver

1.  Sig P320 9MM (bought before Christmas)
2.  S&W M&P 15-22 (registered yesterday)

you never intend to shoot them? I'd shoot them if I had the time to.  are you afraid the colt will break/blow up?

mauidog

you never intend to shoot them? I'd shoot them if I had the time to.  are you afraid the colt will break/blow up?

No you won't!!   :geekdanc:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:07:07 PM by mauidog »

Surf

I have a few weapons that I have not fired.  Mostly due to the fact that they are projects that I have not had the time to get to them.  I also have some black powder weapons that are unfired, because I have always meant to get into black powder but just haven't had the time.  Other than that I do have a Ruger Takedown which is for my daughter and I have an unfired Gen 3 Glock 23, that has laser etchings on the slide and the pistol has special meaning to me.  The G23 and .40 is not my favorite so it isn't that hard to leave as is.  Other than that everything I own gets rounds through them at one time or another.  I will admit that I don't have the time to shoot most of what I own.     

TastesLikeMetal

No you won't!!   :geekdanc:

I'll take one for the team, let me...

mauidog

I'll take one for the team, let me...

Okay.  Meet at Koko Head range tomorrow about 9:00AM?   :thumbsup:

>:D

aieahound

That Python is frickin' beautiful.    :o

Hey, I'm at the range but no one's here !      :grrr:

:rofl:

oldfart

Buy gun and not shoot it? Incomprehensible to me.
Like having a hot girlfriend and just texting.
What, Me Worry?

Tom_G

Buy gun and not shoot it? Incomprehensible to me.
Like having a hot girlfriend and just texting.

+1
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.