Convert Semi AR to Full Auto (Read 16541 times)

suka

Convert Semi AR to Full Auto
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:10:33 PM »
On vacation for Chinese New Year in Asia somewhere and a neighbor of a relative ask me to convert his semi AR to full auto. Well, I said of course since a full auto and semi auto firearm is in the same class of weapons in their country. M16 parts are readily available here, since several former US military bases were in the area. All parts were provided by the owner and I did NOT export any parts from the US.

This is only to show how simple it is to convert a semi auto to full auto, The laws of their country is different from the USA. Attempting this within the USA will require a Tax Stamp of $200 or a SOT with demo letter.

Lets get started!

Difference in parts of AR15 and M16
Dont forget the bolt carrier is also different, however a FA bolt carrier would be LEGAL in a Semi Auto within the USA.

suka

Re: Convert Semi AR to Full Auto
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
I was told anything can be bought with the right amount of CASH.  anyone need a RPG?   
Oh and yes  even lots of women's (plural)  ! :love:

Heading further south of Metro , things get really interesting.

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:21:44 AM »
In Hawaii a big no no,  and the receiver needs to be milled differently. No?  Yeah.  I wouldn't even toy with the idea in Hawaii. Not a good idea.

suka

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 05:25:05 AM »
Been working on it this weekend, some minor milling and two simple holes.

Proof of concept and the fact its so easy to convert.

suka

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 05:27:07 AM »
Will post more pics and details

robtmc

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
Geez, not like ammo is expensive enough as it is....................

Jl808

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »
Hypothetically asking.... Why full auto?  Wouldn't 3 round burst be more useful?
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »
My good friend got busted by the atf for doing that about 30 years ago. No more guns for him.
It ain't worth it.
What, Me Worry?

xer 21

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 01:33:46 PM »
Hypothetically asking.... Why full auto?  Wouldn't 3 round burst be more useful?
i suspect that this conversion has very little to do with "use" and more to do with fun.

suka

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
i suspect that this conversion has very little to do with "use" and more to do with fun.
yeap, but I don't think these guys care about ammo prices. I believe ammo ( firearms over certain caliber ) is tightly regulated under their laws.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:21:31 PM by suka »

suka

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
full auto parts are much more readily avaliable than 3 rd burst parts

justin1098

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
skudnuts or buttknut or whatever the hawaii kai yardbullet guy's name is, probably already called the batfe about this thread.

suka

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 10:59:16 PM »
Mill out the area in red and drill a 3.1mm hole on both side using the forward pivot pin and rear trigger guard pin as the reference.

Measurements are in millimeters since the rest of the world uses it and only the US uses the inch system.

suka

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
Photo from the web .

aieahound

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 11:17:53 PM »
Suka, what is the purpose of posting this thread in a Hawaii specific forum ?   :wacko:
“ I’ve had enough of someone else’s propaganda… I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it is for or against.”

suka

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 11:25:13 PM »
Suka, what is the purpose of posting this thread in a Hawaii specific forum ?   :wacko:

Information for SHTF

Its gun related and a weekend project.

xer 21

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 12:34:27 AM »
having the knowledge isnt a crime.

acting on it is.

there's instructions online for how to build a fully automatic submachine gun out of standard pipe fittings.  its only illegal if you apply it.

if you dont know about it

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/

that gun would be super illegal if you made it.  but knowing how to make it and actually making it are two different things.

suka

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 01:49:56 AM »
when an opportunity presented itself I couldn't resist to do another conversation

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 02:30:47 AM »
I have a 80's vintage SP-1 which apparently doesn't need milling to make it run Rambo since it came off the same assembly line as the M-16. The way I understand it is that I'm not supposed to own conversion parts for it, or that I can't have conversion parts nearby. Not exactly sure, but I was thinking about selling it anyway. It's in really nice condition and barely fired with the Colt scope. Too bad about missing the last gun grab panic. Probably could have gotten 5k for it considering how some people were throwing money around back then.

sliver

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 03:10:25 AM »
Information for SHTF

Its gun related and a weekend project.

the funny thing is that we will all starve here in a SHTF situation.  who cares about guns and ammo, you can't eat guns and ammo!

feeding nearly a million people on an island is gonna get real interesting pretty quickly.