Convert Semi AR to Full Auto (Read 16273 times)

Kingkeoni

Re: Convert Semi AR to Full Auto
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 04:36:35 AM »

the funny thing is that we will all starve here in a SHTF situation.  who cares about guns and ammo, you can't eat guns and ammo!

feeding nearly a million people on an island is gonna get real interesting pretty quickly.

Cannibalism
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

edster48

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 07:04:21 AM »

the funny thing is that we will all starve here in a SHTF situation.  who cares about guns and ammo, you can't eat guns and ammo!

feeding nearly a million people on an island is gonna get real interesting pretty quickly. 

Truth.
The ability to get off of this rock and having a place to go needs to be a priority. Without daily and weekly shipments of food, oil and virtually everything else, the situation here will quickly degenerate. That's the plan I'm working on anyway, Texas sounds nice.......
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »
Been working on it this weekend, some minor milling and two simple holes.

Proof of concept and the fact its so easy to convert.

If you could find a way to make the 1919 below legal in HI I'd buy one.  It's about the only full auto firearm I could conceiveably afford to shoot  :rofl:

No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

jonjon

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »

That's why you "need" guns and ammo - to feed "lead" to the desparate ones who try to take your food  :thumbsup:

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
I have a 80's vintage SP-1 which apparently doesn't need milling to make it run Rambo since it came off the same assembly line as the M-16.

I just checked and according to the diagram you posted the SP-1 would have to be milled just like the rest of them. So much for insta-Rambo.

About the cannibalism stuff: just remember we are always creating the world that we have to live in. If you don't like where it's all going then by all means do something different.

dustoff003

Convert Semi AR to Full Auto
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 11:04:29 AM »
Suka, what is the purpose of posting this thread in a Hawaii specific forum ?   :wacko:

Information for SHTF

Its gun related and a weekend project.

Suka I know your from here but live elsewhere and I wonder the same thing at most of your posts.

I agree silver 100% and I sold my farm... lol  also once shipping collapses and the refineries cease production and the storage tanks run dry cars will be useless and most will be walking. I know there are not enough electric cars or horses to go around and most would get jacked by people who wanted them more. I could see people sailing to get places.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:36:40 PM by dustoff003 »

suka

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
If you could find a way to make the 1919 below legal in HI I'd buy one.  It's about the only full auto firearm I could conceiveably afford to shoot  :rofl:

Lakeside used to make those  ( semi auto or post sample full auto ) a few years back. But they were still not cheap. Lakeside are still in business but not as a FFL07 anymore, they choose not to renew their manufacture license.

robtmc

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »
Mill out the area in red and drill a 3.1mm hole on both side using the forward pivot pin and rear trigger guard pin as the reference.

Measurements are in millimeters since the rest of the world uses it and only the US uses the inch system.

Calling up Brownells for an auto sear and hammer with J hook might trigger some alarms, so sourcing the needed small parts could be an issue.

suka

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 09:12:15 PM »
Lots of places sell the M16 parts. It's actually pretty common

suka

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
drilling the hole

Q

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:23:53 PM by Q »

suka

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 06:39:39 PM »
going to take it out for some test firing this weekend.  let's see how it works

under dry firing its working smoothly.

Veurs1911

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
cool i didnt know there was a part in asia that you can own firearms? is it civilian or military leo only? just curious what part were you in for vacation? unless you cant disclose it, i only know of america and switzerland so far that civilians can own firearms as well as other parts in developing nations, ohh and have you seen this before? heres the video, its a full auto conversion kit, i guess its in the gray area somewhere along the lines where its legal but if you bend the piece of metal without proper paperwork then you know... but im curious to how it works or what it is? it sounds similar to a lightning link, or rdias however those require you have a full auto fcg
"rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6"

"better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it"

"know guns, no crime, no guns, know crime"

suka

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »
in the Philippines, civilian ownership is legal with permits and registration.  However, most firearms and ammunition here are black market.

Veurs1911

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »
ohh i see cool always thought it was still banned from their previous gun control, i know theres alot up in danao, philipines from what i seen from documentaries, some of the gunsmiths building 1911s are really skilled craftsman, their gunsmith skill could go to good use for building 1911s, i believe some of them do get lucky and get hired by armscor and what not. btw have you heard of the arfa full auto conversion kit before?

suka

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 11:16:52 PM »
yes, ive heard of them. but a DIAS would work a lot better.

Veurs1911

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 12:06:46 AM »
ohh are they pretty much the same then? cause the arfa conversion looks like you dont need a full auto fcg compared to DIAS, i know lightning links you only need the link itself i believe and dont need a j hook trigger or a long disconnector etc..

sliver

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 01:20:18 AM »
What's this "we" stuff?

you really think you are gonna survive for very long?  how long do you think you are gonna be able to survive?  not past a few months at best and at that point, who gives a fing s?

mauidog

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 01:29:35 AM »

you really think you are gonna survive for very long?  how long do you think you are gonna be able to survive?  not past a few months at best and at that point, who gives a fing s?

I'm truly amazed ....

... that you only have 9 likes!!     :rofl:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Q

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2015, 02:04:20 AM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:24:34 PM by Q »