Calling Kaiser members that have had problems obtaining firearms permits (Read 51063 times)

Landcruza

Re: Calling Kaiser members that have had problems obtaining firearms permits
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2021, 11:46:00 PM »
i just got denied my permit because of kaiser for something that they dug up from about 15 years ago but was releast from treatment  this sucks need to know what next action to take this is dumb

stangzilla

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2021, 09:47:17 AM »
you need to find a psychologist or doctor to write you a note saying you are able to own a firearm
it has to to have the exact verbage that HPD requires.  HPD should have provided you a paper that tells you exactly the wording they want with the exact format for the letter.  if it isn't exactly the wording and format, it is no good.
if the doctor has a history of writing these letters, they probably know the protocol.  but i would make sure of it before paying money and getting it done

changemyoil66

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »
i just got denied my permit because of kaiser for something that they dug up from about 15 years ago but was releast from treatment  this sucks need to know what next action to take this is dumb

What was dug up?  Depending on the reason is what your next action would have to be.  Example: I had a friend who failed from seeing a marriage counselor 5 years prior to his PTA.  He called the same one to get clearance, but she retired. So he had to see a new one and get the waiver.  It costed him the rate of $200/hr.

kptheplatypus

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 11:21:41 AM »
First of all, you need to learn to use Google. Kaiser and the VA alike probably have some sort of policy against doing firearm clearance paperwork. It's gonna cost you out of pocket, as it does most of us, but if a gun is important enough to you, just consider it a personal investment into your safety, rights, etc. Go online and find a doctor. I forget his name, but he and his associates are psychologists in Honolulu that do firearm and medicinal marijuana card exams. Costs about $300 but the call takes about 10 minutes and your paperwork with original signature (or copy which is fine for HPD) is available that same day. Work smarter not harder and don't fall victim to the state's moronic policies to discourage citizens from keeping and bearing arms.

Dr. Tom Cook in Honolulu charges ~$300 without insurance for a firearm clearance exam. 10 minute online video call appt with choice to pick up original signed letter in office or get copy emailed to you. HPD accepts the copy, take to registration side and they’ll put it in your application package. Pick up permit on assigned day as long as you get the clearance letter in soon after package submission
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society

Landcruza

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2021, 09:52:16 AM »
KAISER SENT A RECORD THAT I WAS TREATED FOR DEPRESSION  ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO AND WAS GIVING ME MEDS THAT I DIDNT KNOW WAS FOR DEPRESSION

stangzilla

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
when you do get the clearance letter done, i would bring the original to HPD
i've done this several times, i've been red flagged for years, and they always ask for the original and then they'll make a copy at HPD.  just like your affidavit, they always want the original to be sure there's no forgery

Rico808

Hi y’all,
First post on here…first post on a forum period.

Anyways,
  Asking for a friend who was diagnosed with depression some years back. Was denied (Not sure where in the process that they were denied or by whom).
  Their health’s back to normal from what I can tell. Who would they have to see to reinstate their rights back? I’m assuming it was by the Dr. Do they need to see the same Dr. or can they go to a new Dr to be cleared.

Mahalo in advance 🤙🏽
Living life on the edge. Just trying to spread my 2A wings as far as I can.

When you stand for nothing, you fall for everything

macsak

new doctor is ok
magic words are "no longer adversely affected"...

Hi y’all,
First post on here…first post on a forum period.

Anyways,
  Asking for a friend who was diagnosed with depression some years back. Was denied (Not sure where in the process that they were denied or by whom).
  Their health’s back to normal from what I can tell. Who would they have to see to reinstate their rights back? I’m assuming it was by the Dr. Do they need to see the same Dr. or can they go to a new Dr to be cleared.

Mahalo in advance 🤙🏽

nathanm14fan

when you do get the clearance letter done, i would bring the original to HPD
i've done this several times, i've been red flagged for years, and they always ask for the original and then they'll make a copy at HPD.  just like your affidavit, they always want the original to be sure there's no forgery

Stangzilla, I had to do the clearance letter 6 years ago, found out the doctor that wrote the clearance letter is retiring soon (outside of Kaiser, had to pay like you did). Is the clearance letter good in perpetuity as long as nothing new that is "negative" comes back up?

jerry_03

Stangzilla, I had to do the clearance letter 6 years ago, found out the doctor that wrote the clearance letter is retiring soon (outside of Kaiser, had to pay like you did). Is the clearance letter good in perpetuity as long as nothing new that is "negative" comes back up?

I had thought so.... I had a clearance letter written about 7 years ago. but then I just went in last month to renew my permit, the clerk/officer at the window told me the letter is out of date. I've never had a problem with the letter before I literally been using it to renew my permit for the last 7 years.

So now i am being told i need to go get a new updated letter, basically need a new date  ::) so now i have to find another non-kaiser doctor and pay out of pocket just to get a new letter written with a new date. f-ing ridicolus

jerry_03

Anyone who knows of a 2A friendly doctor who is willing to examine and write the letter out of pocket cost please PM me.

zippz

Anyone who knows of a 2A friendly doctor who is willing to examine and write the letter out of pocket cost please PM me.

If this is for a frivolous denial and can wait a bit, hold off for now.  We are working with the county of Honolulu to stop the denials.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

Might be a couple months for this to be resolved
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

Sorry but things have fallen through.  This case will likely take a long time to complete.

Ian_808

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2022, 06:29:00 PM »
I was denied a firearms clearence letter from Kaiser. Had to pay for a private psychological exam to get my clearence letter