More hoops to jump through (Read 12679 times)

Bushido

More hoops to jump through
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »
So my friend just went to apply for a handgun permit to aquire. He was rejected because his basic pistol affadvit doesn't specifically say " meets the requirements for HRS 134". MInd you he just registered a pistol less than a month ago with that same affadvit. He was one of the first to be put on Rapback. I just looked at both of my affidavits and neither has that printed on it. When did this start?

punaperson

Re: More hoops to jump through
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
So my friend just went to apply for a handgun permit to aquire. He was rejected because his basic pistol affadvit doesn't specifically say " meets the requirements for HRS 134". MInd you he just registered a pistol less than a month ago with that same affadvit. He was one of the first to be put on Rapback. I just looked at both of my affidavits and neither has that printed on it. When did this start?
If you mean the arbitrary and capricious unlawful unconstitutional abridgement of our inalienable enumerated individual fundamental civil rights by Hawaii law enforcement and bureaucracy... a long long time ago.  :shaka:

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 05:48:58 PM »
If you mean the arbitrary and capricious unlawful unconstitutional abridgement of our inalienable enumerated individual fundamental civil rights by Hawaii law enforcement and bureaucracy... a long long time ago.  :shaka:

So so sad but oh so true.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »
Maybe the instructor can issue a new one with the wording required

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zhuzhits

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »
Are these a**holes serious? F***ing HPD.

Bushido

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:46 PM »
Maybe the instructor can issue a new one with the wording required

I talked to him today, he is correcting my friends one tonight and will have it ready tomorrow. He has issued many and he was shocked when I talked to him. Must be a new deal and trying to give everyone a heads up.

London808

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »
Well I can't fight this one as ATM I'm prohibited so it's on some one else
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

XL iced_coffee

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
Just looked at mine and it doesn't have it either :( And I still don't have a revolver yet😭

stangzilla

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »
that is F'ing BS
mine does not say that specifically either.  says meets Hawaii requirements for firearms training, but not "HRS 134"

I also have a hunters ed card.  doesn't say that either
wonder if the hunters ed is no good either?
firearms division in full of crap!

i'll bet nobody's affidavit says that

dogman

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
It would be interesting to see if they still accept a Hunter Education Program card that doesn't require you to touch a handgun to pass the class.

zippz

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 09:48:46 PM »
Was it a new guy in the firearms section?  Maybe it was a substitute or officer rotation that doesn't know the requirements yet.

Or else notaries are going to be busy this month.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

mrgaf

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 10:54:57 PM »
It would be interesting to see if they still accept a Hunter Education Program card that doesn't require you to touch a handgun to pass the class.
Yup they will, or at least they did on 12/14 when I applied for my handgun permit. No probs but maybe things have changed. Wouldn't surprise me though......
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Bushido

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 06:20:10 AM »
Was it a new guy in the firearms section?  Maybe it was a substitute or officer rotation that doesn't know the requirements yet.

Or else notaries are going to be busy this month.

I was told he called his sergeant and he said it needed to be corrected. I'm just curious if my friend is the only one whom has this issue or if this is something new that will be enforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
My affidavid states hawaii firearm law, but not specifically hrs134.

PalisadesKid

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 07:58:39 AM »
Called HPD Firearms department just now prior to posting this and requested to speak with an officer but ended up speaking with "Susie" or "Suzie" (not sure if she was an officer or another clerk) there and I cited this incident in question and she says she believes that individual that was rejected had a affidavit may have said: "Said class meets the state laws requirements" and NOT "Said class meets the HAWAII state laws requirements".

As of this morning an HPD firearms employee claims:

-Affidavit doesnt need to say "meets requirements for HRS 134"
-Affidavit will be acceptable long as affidavit says "meets the HAWAII state laws requirements ..."

***I assumed the Affidavit of Certified Firearms Education Course was a uniform document across the board for all NRA Certified Instructors in the State of Hawaii. If what this HPD firearms division employee is claiming is true, then I guess some instructors have some that just say "state laws" and doesn't specify what state its referring to.

Again, don't "shoot the messenger" here just passing along what HPD, on behalf of this employee" is claiming as of today 01/06/2017 as of a phone conversation at 7:47 am HST.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:05:03 AM by PalisadesKid »

PalisadesKid

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
My affidavid states hawaii firearm law, but not specifically hrs134.

The fact that it says "Hawaii State Laws" will be enough according to "Susie" or "Suzie" at HPD Firearms Division per a phone inquiry today.

stangzilla

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 08:19:52 AM »
The clerks know more than the officers in the firearms div.
Thanks for calling, PK. I was just going to call myself. You saved me the trouble.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:45 AM »
Makes sense, because course could have been taught in another state, or here by an out of state instructor not familiar with Hawaii's gun laws.

London808

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Makes sense, because course could have been taught in another state, or here by an out of state instructor not familiar with Hawaii's gun laws.

Makes no sense as the requirement is bullshit.

Buy a handgun out of state.move to Hawaii register it in Hawaii all good.  Try to buy another one but havent taken training in Hawaii. Get denied because some how owning another handgun after moving to Hawaii would make me irresponsible or dangerous ?

Have to take a 6 hour class about gun safety and actually fire a gun OR sit in a class room for 2 days listening about Hunting with a 20 minute talk on the parts of a firearm, Never actually handle or fire a gun : But it equates to the same thing

Spend 20 years in the military Handling Firearms. Retire and have to pay some one to train me on firearms use so i can own a handgun in Hawaii.

NRA certified instructor, Has to pay some one elese to certify himself so he can have an affidavit to prove hes knows what hes doing.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »
They will not accept Forms that say Hawaii state law unless it specify s the HOURS spent training. It has to state the classroom and shooting hours separately