Bad Drivers Dashcam Video-Post It Here (Read 35356 times)

oldfart

Re: Bad Drivers Dashcam Video-Post It Here
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 05:40:59 PM »
 :rofl:
how did you find all those vids of the prick on the bike?
:rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Inertia46

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »

Those guys are nuts!!!  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 12:19:54 PM »
Nice one inertia.

Once, I was doing 60 on the H1 and a cop zoomed in front and brake checked me.
What an idiot.
What, Me Worry?

omnigun

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
Once this lady brake checked me. I just (safely) tail gated her the entire way till my off ramp she was busting out a phone and honking the horn the entire time. I refuse to reward bad behavior. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »
Once this lady brake checked me. I just (safely) tail gated her the entire way till my off ramp she was busting out a phone and honking the horn the entire time. I refuse to reward bad behavior.

Glad to see your behavior is above reproach, especially when property and lives can be lost.

A real "conservationist!"
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »
Glad to see your behavior is above reproach, especially when property and lives can be lost.

A real "conservationist!"

It was in traffic, I doubt lives can be lost.   I also have access to a brake pedal.  Hence, safely.  Glad you can read enough of the source to sensationalize it and grasp on straws that fit your theory.  Next you can twist it to some conspiracy theory that she was an government sponsored alien from outer space sent to annoy me and proves that god exists.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »
It was in traffic, I doubt lives can be lost.   I also have access to a brake pedal.  Hence, safely.  Glad you can read enough of the source to sensationalize it and grasp on straws that fit your theory.  Next you can twist it to some conspiracy theory that she was an government sponsored alien from outer space sent to annoy me and proves that god exists.

There's something called a "safe following distance" no matter how fast you're traveling.  Scientists actually did accident analysis and stopping distance experiments to provide us with these universally accepted and taught rules.

"Tail gating" is not only unsafe, but illegal.

But then, some people think they know more than the rest of us!

Chain reaction crash underscores importance of keeping safe distance

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/33741345/chain-reaction-crash-underscores-dangers-of-tailgating

-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
There's something called a "safe following distance" no matter how fast you're traveling.  Scientists actually did accident analysis and stopping distance experiments to provide us with these universally accepted and taught rules.

"Tail gating" is not only unsafe, but illegal.

But then, some people think they know more than the rest of us!

Chain reaction crash underscores importance of keeping safe distance

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/33741345/chain-reaction-crash-underscores-dangers-of-tailgating

Yeah i wasn't going anywhere near those speeds. Hawaii law is  "shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent."  That's not defined at all.  I was in no danger and there was no danger from me to others.  If you are going 5 miles per hour you don't need 3 car lengths to stop simple science. All you have done is sensationalize it to fit you agenda.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »
Yeah i wasn't going anywhere near those speeds. Hawaii law is  "shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent."  That's not defined at all.  I was in no danger and there was no danger from me to others.  If you are going 5 miles per hour you don't need 3 car lengths to stop simple science. All you have done is sensationalize it to fit you agenda.

Since you know the formula and the law so well, at what speed is tailgating considered SAFE?
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 04:27:37 PM »
Since you know the formula and the law so well, at what speed is tailgating considered SAFE?
He's probably a "lawyer at heart" and a "police officer at heart" too

macsak

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »
He's probably a "lawyer at heart" and a "police officer at heart" too

And it's a "proven fact" he was being safe and legal

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »

My "agenda" was to comment that your actions were not only illegal but unsafe.  No one should brag about doing what you did.

At the bare minimum, you were harassing, if not terrorizing, the other driver out of nothing other than road rage.

Keep trying to deflect and rationalize your actions.  None of it has helped you so far ....
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
And it's a "proven fact" he was being safe and legal

d=1.552803600v+v220
I required 12.25 feet to SAFELY stop.  That's under 1 car length.  I was doing that.  I was "SAFE".

omnigun

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
My "agenda" was to comment that your actions were not only illegal but unsafe.  No one should brag about doing what you did.

At the bare minimum, you were harassing, if not terrorizing, the other driver out of nothing other than road rage.

Keep trying to deflect and rationalize your actions.  None of it has helped you so far ....

The other driver was constantly brake checking, on her phone and honking her horn.  I highly doubt I was the one doing the terrorizing.   I just refused to reward brake checking, cutting someone off, using their phone while on the road and public nuisance with their intended action of others giving up. As per the mathematical calculation in my previous post, I was indeed safe and broke no laws. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:47:21 PM by omnigun »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »
The other driver was constantly brake checking, on her phone and honking her horn.  I highly doubt I was the one doing the terrorizing.   I just refused to reward brake checking, cutting someone off, using their phone while on the road and public nuisance with their intended action of others giving up. As per the mathematical calculation in my previous post, I was indeed safe and broke no laws.

You said you were tailgating her.  That's enough to say you were unsafe and illegal.

Look up the term.  If you weren't tailgating, then you lied to make yourself sound "bad". 

Did you lie than, or are you lying now?

tail·gate
/ˈtālˌɡāt/
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: tailgating

drive too closely behind another vehicle.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
http://khon2.com/2014/07/23/ask-hpd-tailgating-a-car/

Ask HPD: Tailgating a car

Question: Can someone be pulled over for tailgating?

Answer: A vehicle can be stopped for tailgating or following too closely when it can cause an unsafe situation.

Following a vehicle too closely is dangerous for obvious reasons.

A driver should leave enough space between vehicles to allow for the proper distance to safely brake should a sudden stop be made by the vehicle in front.

A helpful way to measure a safe distance is to count a three second interval from when the first vehicle passes a fixed object to when your vehicle passes.

If your vehicle is too close, simply slow down to increase the gap.
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 06:10:19 PM »
You said you were tailgating her.  That's enough to say you were unsafe and illegal.

Look up the term.  If you weren't tailgating, then you lied to make yourself sound "bad". 

Did you lie than, or are you lying now?

All of this is subjective based on opinions of the person/observer. (the definitions and hpd stuff you quoted)  I used the term tailgating cause it expressed the simplest way to say what I was doing.  What I was doing does not literally fall under that term.  I guess I could edit everything to say I was following very closely yet over the safe minimum distance. I did the calculations I have facts on my side.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 06:15:13 PM »
All of this is subjective based on opinions of the person/observer. (the definitions and hpd stuff you quoted)  I used the term tailgating cause it expressed the simplest way to say what I was doing.  What I was doing does not literally fall under that term.  I guess I could edit everything to say I was following very closely yet over the safe minimum distance. I did the calculations I have facts on my side.

I guess your new story is, you were lying then.

Gotcha!   :thumbsup:
-- Melvin Udall

suka

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »
I posted it before in a different thread.
This is on the H1 west bound by Radford.
I clocked this dude at an average speed of 115 MPH

I've done 160MPH going up H2 northbound. it was scary as hell.