Hawaii Taser Case Filed (Read 15687 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Hawaii Taser Case Filed
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »
We are not going to agree to anything  that just let's the legislature on good faith write a new law.

However this concession deos make it seem like the State will agree to some sort of consent agree like we did in NJ in which the State agrees that the law is unconstitutional and needs to be rewritten.

Thank you for you and everyones hard work to fight for our rights.  My wife and I came by Uncle Bo's.  We were the "crossfit" couple.

michaelkih

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 11:15:11 PM »
Be careful of pepper spray.  You need a permit for it on Kauai.

LOL!  Really?  Wow, we have both.  Oh well.  BS laws anyways.

London808

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
Hawaii news now, tonight’s 6 o’clock news
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
A recent federal appeals court ruling struck down restrictions on who is allowed to openly carry a firearm in Hawaii.

But the attorneys who helped secure that decision are also taking aim at Hawaii's law that bans civilians from owning stun guns and Tasers.

Photographer Andrew Namiki Roberts wants to carry a Taser along with his pricey gear when he goes out on shoots.

The Kapahulu resident filed a lawsuit in federal court in April after the Honolulu Police Department told him that it's illegal for anyone to possess electronic arms, including stun guns and tasers. Only law enforcement and military members assisting civil authorities are allowed to have them.

"A Taser outside of the home would provide a way to defend myself, defend my property. I'm a photographer so I'm often carrying expensive equipment, which is a high target for crime," Namiki Roberts said.

State Sen. Karl Rhoads said he understands why some people may want the devices for protection in their homes, but he doesn't think it's a good idea to allow citizens to carry them around.

"So then Tasers become widely available and then criminals carry them, too. I live in Chinatown, you walk down the street, somebody zaps you just to take your wallet. It's a lot easier than fighting with you," said Rhoads, who is vice chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The attorney challenging the law, Alan Beck, said other states and cities are getting rid of their Taser and stun gun bans. He also argued that Namiki Roberts has a Second Amendment right to own the devices.

"We strongly feel this is simply the way the country is going. These taser and stun gun bans are no longer constitutional," said Beck.

The state Attorney General's office declined to comment on the pending litigation.

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38771482/hawaii-man-challenges-hawaii-stun-gun-ban-on-2nd-amendment-grounds
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »

State Sen. Karl Rhoads said he understands why some people may want the devices for protection in their homes, but he doesn't think it's a good idea to allow citizens to carry them around.

"So then Tasers become widely available and then criminals carry them, too. I live in Chinatown, you walk down the street, somebody zaps you just to take your wallet. It's a lot easier than fighting with you," said Rhoads, who is vice chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38771482/hawaii-man-challenges-hawaii-stun-gun-ban-on-2nd-amendment-grounds
[/quote].
There's that ridiculous idea that criminals are going to abide by the law and not use them illegal or not! Vote this idiot out of office

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »
"Unemployment is low because people have 2 jobs"

Here hold my beer, enter Rhoads

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »
Can't believe he said that.  How many things aren't legal where they are readily able to get by people who don't follow laws?  Are some of these folks raised in bubbles?  Wonder if he buys his underwear at KMart. . .

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »
Can't believe he said that.  How many things aren't legal where they are readily able to get by people who don't follow laws?  Are some of these folks raised in bubbles?  Wonder if he buys his underwear at KMart. . .

K-Mart sucks!   :crazy:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
When you discharge a Taser, it also sends out dozens of little ID tags so it can easily be traced.  I don’t think criminals would buy a Taser when you could buy a gun for almost the same money.  They were worried about criminals using pepper spray to rob people before it got legalized.  Then what happened? Absolutely nothing.  Same thing if Tasers or guns were allowed to be carried by law abiding citizens.  Restrictive gun laws only hinder the law abiding from being able to protect themselves.  Even a complete ban on firearms will not stop a criminal from getting one.  Slam fire guns are easy to make.

zippz

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Yea criminals dont need traders when they can beat someone up, baseball bat, crowbar, big stick, and whatever is lying around.

I wouldnt blow off Rhoads concerns cause there will be some abuse by criminals, kids, domestic violence etc but nowhere near what they expect and the benefits far outweigh the risks.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

wolfwood

Please add my business facebook page if you are interested in my litigation
https://www.facebook.com/ABeckLaw/

Falken Hawke

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 12:40:56 PM »
Glad to see this getting a kick as well.  The timing seems good too.  I kinda feel like the Legislature needs to get their butts kicked extensively.

aieahound

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 07:27:55 AM »
The Boys made front page news in this mornings Star-Advertiser.  :thumbsup:

punaperson

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 07:55:01 AM »
The Boys made front page news in this mornings Star-Advertiser.  :thumbsup:
Can someone please post the article or a free link to it for those of us who refuse to give a penny to that anti-rights rag?  :shaka:

wolfwood

Please add my business facebook page if you are interested in my litigation
https://www.facebook.com/ABeckLaw/

punaperson

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
here is a free link

https://wsoe.org/u-k-man-challenges-hawaiis-stun-gun-ban/?fbclid=IwAR1UCzsaeqKv-NKCC1KVwkLayFh_MrrKct6Isp8Jd_LoKkS4VutVe7w686I
Thanks for the link. Thanks for the work. Good luck! (That is, finding a court that abides by the constitution...)

London808

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »

K30l4

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
Can someone please post the article or a free link to it for those of us who refuse to give a penny to that anti-rights rag?  :shaka:
Here is a picture of the pen for sale. Let me know if you need better pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:15 AM »
Here is a picture of the pen for sale. Let me know if you need better pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

your pen is so short

punaperson

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 11:14:40 AM »
Thanks. Now we have 2 1/2 versions of the article available.

@K30l4: I will pass on the pen, but thanks for posting the pics of it.