If you like your gun, you can keep ... whoops (Read 3639 times)

Rocky

If you like your gun, you can keep ... whoops
« on: April 05, 2018, 06:43:13 PM »
I really wasn't sure where to post this.
Political, Legal/Activism etc... so I posted here to get the most exposure tho I really think it should go in Preparedness & Survival.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/03/illinois-city-bans-assault-weapons-imposes-fines-up-to-1000-per-day   :shake:

https://www.deerfield.il.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=216   :shake:   :shake:

https://www.deerfield.il.us/DocumentCenter/View/1506   :shake:   :shake:   :shake:

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

punaperson

Re: If you like your gun, you can keep ... whoops
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
SAF filed suit today.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/05/second-amendment-foundation-suit/

Second Amendment Foundation Files Suit Against Deerfield, Illinois’ Confiscatory ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois, passed a surrender and confiscation ordinance for “assault weapons” Monday night and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) responded by filing suit on Thursday.
Breitbart News reported that that ordinance is designed to give Deerfield residents 60 days to get rid of any “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines. This includes being sure no such weapons or magazines are in residents’ homes. The ordinance empowers the police chief to confiscate and destroy any “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines which residents’ hold to after 60 days.

This builds on a 2013 Deerfield ordinance that banned “assault weapons” but allowed possession of them in one’s home if stored properly.

SAF filed suit against the new ordinance, claiming it violates Illinois’ preemption law. SAF founder and executive vice president Alan Gottlieb said, “We moved swiftly to challenge this gun ban because it flies in the face of state law. While the village is trying to disguise this as an amendment to an existing ordinance, it is, in fact, a new law that entirely bans possession of legally-owned semi-auto firearms, with no exception for guns previously owned, or any provision for self-defense.”

Moreover, Gottlieb noted that the confiscatory nature of the new ordinance, combined with the mandate that all “assault weapons” be moved outside the village or destroyed, “puts the lie to claims by anti-gunners that ‘nobody is coming to take your guns.’”

SAF’s suit is joined by the Illinois State Rifle Association and Daniel Easterday, a private citizen who lives in the village and is a gun owner

mrgaf

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:25:19 PM »
Wonder how long it will take the NRA to get involved..... :sleeping:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

K30l4

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »
Watch "VILLAGE OF DEERFIELD ILLINOIS VOTES 6-0 TO BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS AND HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES." on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 09:44:13 PM »
Watch "VILLAGE OF DEERFIELD ILLINOIS VOTES 6-0 TO BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS AND HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES." on YouTube
Hey, just like Hawaii. "We appreciate you all very much for coming." Vast majority of testimony was AGAINST the new bans, then they voted UNANIMOUSLY FOR the law.

I really liked the "hot mic" aside comments by the two women trustees as the public left the room: #1: "You'd think we were taking all the guns away." #2: "Most of them were from out of town anyway." (inaudible) #1: "They're just gonna have to find a place to...".

I might have heard what I wanted to hear with that last comment, but that's the best I could make it out after listening to it three times. And I bet they all refer to themselves as "public servants".

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »
I wonder if they will do a search after the rule takes effect?  Can the homeowner tell them to piss off and come back with a warrant?

Or will they all lose their rifles in a boating accident, must not only be a Hawaii thing.

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
Hey but retired cops are allowed.
Because cops never commit crimes.
What, Me Worry?

punaperson

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
Hey but retired cops are allowed.
Because cops never commit crimes.
Yeah, well except for when they do.

The crime rates::

3,817 per 100,000 for the general population

108 (one hundred and eight) per 100,000 for police officers

18 (eighteen) per 100,000   for legal CCW holders

The perception that CCW is dangerous is the exact opposite of the truth. This study was conducted by a Wharton and University of Chicago professor.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2814691

Or another way to put is cops are six times more likely to commit a crime that a licensed CCW holder.

But we can't have any licensed CCW in Hawaii because "public safety" and "guns".  :crazy:

I heard New Jersey Second Amendment attorney Even Nappen on NRA's Cam and Company the other day talking about the system in New Jersey, which like Hawaii requires a long gun background check/card/permit and a separate permit for every handgun, and that the background checks for those permits are more in depth than the background checks run on people applying for jobs in law enforcement. Given the above stats... oh, never mind.

https://www.nratv.com/series/cam-and-company/video/cam-and-company-2018-evan-nappen-nj-gun-control-push-wont-stop-crime/episode/cam-and-company-season-14-episode-65
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:55:11 AM by punaperson »

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 11:58:24 AM »
I knew I had seen a story like this place before....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Village_(2004_film)

----------
During this time, it is revealed that the village was actually founded in the late 1970s. Edward Walker, then a professor of American history at the University of Pennsylvania, approached other people he met at a grief counseling clinic following the murder of his father and asked them to join him in creating a place where they would sustain themselves and be protected from any aspect of the outside world.
--------
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/assault-weapons-ban-second-amendment-massachusetts/

BOSTON -- A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit challenging Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines, saying in a ruling released Friday that the weapons fall beyond the reach of the Second Amendment. U.S. District Judge William Young said assault weapons are military firearms and aren't protected by the constitutional right to "bear arms." Regulation of the weapons is a matter of policy, not for the courts, he said.

Dumbgun

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 02:04:15 PM »

It is the Law!

Virtually all male U.S. citizens, regardless of where they live, and male immigrants, whether documented or undocumented, residing in the United States, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.

The law says men must register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. That means men are required to register with Selective Service sometime during the 30 days before their 18th birthday, their 18th birthday, and the following 29 days after their 18th birthday – that is a 60-day registration period.

Men who do not register with Selective Service within the 60-day window are technically in violation of the law and should register as soon as possible. Late registrations are accepted up to the 26th birthday. However, once a man reaches his 26th birthday and still has not registered with Selective Service, it is too late!

It’s important to know that even though a man is registered, he will not automatically be inducted into the military. Registering with Selective Service does not mean you are joining the military.

In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in a sequence determined by random lottery number and year of birth. Then, they would be examined for mental, physical, and moral fitness by the military before being deferred or exempted from military service or inducted into the Armed Forces.

Clipped and pasted from sss.gov website.

I not only registered but joined the U.S.M.C.  So I am  both militia and military and thats my defense to as why I need my AR.

Whenever a friend or family asks why I own an AR, My reply is always because "That it is what the marine Corps taught me to maintain, operate and shoot safely. When required."

rklapp

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »
You can just feel the white liberal pretentiousness where they call their upper middle class neighborhood a "Village".
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

stangzilla

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 04:44:49 PM »

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:34 PM »
boulder CO is the next city to ban "assault rifles"

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/04/06/boulder-city-council-assault-weapons-ban-passes/
That's gotta be a dude holding up the sign
What, Me Worry?