Glock 43 is obsolete (Read 2550 times)

stangzilla

Glock 43 is obsolete
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »
now Ruger has a subcompact, optics ready striker fired pistol. comes with tritium/fiber optic front sight  :geekdanc:
https://www.ruger.com/products/max-9/models.html
MSRP is $499

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:30:58 PM by stangzilla »

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Glock 43 is obsolete
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:54:05 PM »
I thought the G43, G26 and several other subcompact 9mm's became obsolete when the Sig P365 came out a couple of years ago.

10+1 rounds in a smaller gun than the G26 -- more with extended mags.
Almost the same size (or smaller) than the G43 but with 4 more rounds.

I'm seriously considering selling
my Glock 42 .380 AND
my Glock 26 9mm AND
my S&W M&P Shield 9mm
to purchase a Sig P365. 

I'll probably sell my Glock 30 .45ACP, too. 

I have way too many pocket-carry options in a land that prohibits concealed carry.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

jaynick

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:19:08 PM »
Shield arms levels the playing field for glock. They make a steel g43x 15rd and have a g43 10rd in development. They sell a steel mag catch to go with them.
I thought the G43, G26 and several other subcompact 9mm's became obsolete when the Sig P365 came out a couple of years ago.

my Glock 42 .380 AND
my Glock 26 9mm AND
my S&W M&P Shield 9mm
to purchase a Sig P365. 

I have way too many pocket-carry options in a land that prohibits concealed carry.

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 05:10:59 PM »

my Glock 42 .380 AND
my Glock 26 9mm AND
my S&W M&P Shield 9mm
to purchase a Sig P365. 

i only have a couple compact or subcompact handguns.  since Hawaii doesn't issue CCW permits to non-LE, I'm not really concerned about getting any more.  but never say never, i might change my mind

zippz

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »
Shield arms levels the playing field for glock. They make a steel g43x 15rd and have a g43 10rd in development. They sell a steel mag catch to go with them.

Good to know.  I thought about selling my g43 to get more capacity.  A 10 rnd mag would be nice.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Inspector

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »

my Glock 42 .380 AND
my Glock 26 9mm AND
my S&W M&P Shield 9mm
to purchase a Sig P365. 

I’ve shot the 365 now. It is an awesome gun. And so easily concealable.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aaronc5362

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »
Idk but the 365 had a shit ton of issues with the firing pin.

Watch MAC's channel. I think they re designed it 3 times. Idk of they finally got it right, but there is the 365 XL that he said fixed all the issues.

True, the 365 was the top dog for sub compacts, but now its rhe max 9 vs sw shield plus.

The g26 is prob still the best only if you plan on carrying an extra mag. You could carry that 32 rd mag and that pretty much beats every single gun out there.  :geekdanc:

Or if your savvy, chop a g19 grip down to a g26 so you can have a g19 sight radius. Honestly tho, i can peg that rooster at 100m at the plinking side atleast 4 out of 5 times before with fed 147 fmj. With a g26.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 06:13:14 PM »
Idk but the 365 had a shit ton of issues with the firing pin.

Watch MAC's channel. I think they re designed it 3 times. Idk of they finally got it right, but there is the 365 XL that he said fixed all the issues.

True, the 365 was the top dog for sub compacts, but now its rhe max 9 vs sw shield plus.

The g26 is prob still the best only if you plan on carrying an extra mag. You could carry that 32 rd mag and that pretty much beats every single gun out there.  :geekdanc:

Or if your savvy, chop a g19 grip down to a g26 so you can have a g19 sight radius. Honestly tho, i can peg that rooster at 100m at the plinking side atleast 4 out of 5 times before with fed 147 fmj. With a g26.

No matter which subcompact you choose, IMO an extra mag is required.

Semi-autos don't work without a functioning mag -- unless you want to try single-shot mode!   :rofl:  If a mag malfunctions, the brand/model of gun matters not.

I can see myself accidentally pressing the mag release as I'm firing.  Fumbling around for a dropped mag versus reaching for a spare on a belt holder or in a pocket?  No contest. 

It's not always about number of rounds.  The Aurora CO Theater shooter had a 100rd AR mag that jammed.  Had to switch to his shotgun.  Good thing he didn't have a spare mag on him.
-- Melvin Udall

aaronc5362

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 07:16:38 PM »

Semi-autos don't work without a functioning mag -- unless you want to try single-shot mode!   :rofl:  If a mag malfunctions, the brand/model of gun matters not.

I can see myself accidentally pressing the mag release as I'm firing.  Fumbling around for a dropped mag versus reaching for a spare on a belt holder or in a pocket?  No contest.

It's not always about number of rounds.  The Aurora CO Theater shooter had a 100rd AR mag that jammed.  Had to switch to his shotgun.  Good thing he didn't have a spare mag on him.

Good points. Even if hawaii had ccw, idk if i would even want to carry one on my person. Maybe i would leave it in the car. Thats my lazy side talking. And it would prob be a revolver. Hahaha. Even less to carry, rather have 5 rds than nothing tbh, but not willing to go gungho and be the hero. Just defend and leave. Even ccw holders get arrested/sued for doing the right thing, or so ive read online. But i was watching the news on the recent CO supermarket shooting. I guess that would be a good time to have a ccw. I know people been dissing CO, sayin with this shooting, everything is goin back to normal.

I do have quite a bit of subcompacts tho and love them. All are glocks. As well as compact glocks. They just work. Not saying there isnt lemons or random problems cause there are. Ive just been lucky enough that mine just work. Maintenance and proper care is necessary too. Of course.

Have you seen this 1 vid, where a man who had a ccw, chased an active shooter in a supermarket, then got shot from behind from the active shooters gf or wife. I remember this ex cop told me, "nowadays (which was bout 10 yrs ago) evil travel in pairs". So that dude never assessed it properly, thinking it was just 1 active shooter. Poor guy. In real time, i prob wouldnt have either, but sometimes when you wait too long its too late as well.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 08:12:23 PM »

Good points. Even if hawaii had ccw, idk if i would even want to carry one on my person. Maybe i would leave it in the car. Thats my lazy side talking. And it would prob be a revolver. Hahaha. Even less to carry, rather have 5 rds than nothing tbh, but not willing to go gungho and be the hero. Just defend and leave. Even ccw holders get arrested/sued for doing the right thing, or so ive read online. But i was watching the news on the recent CO supermarket shooting. I guess that would be a good time to have a ccw. I know people been dissing CO, sayin with this shooting, everything is goin back to normal.

I do have quite a bit of subcompacts tho and love them. All are glocks. As well as compact glocks. They just work. Not saying there isnt lemons or random problems cause there are. Ive just been lucky enough that mine just work. Maintenance and proper care is necessary too. Of course.

Have you seen this 1 vid, where a man who had a ccw, chased an active shooter in a supermarket, then got shot from behind from the active shooters gf or wife. I remember this ex cop told me, "nowadays (which was bout 10 yrs ago) evil travel in pairs". So that dude never assessed it properly, thinking it was just 1 active shooter. Poor guy. In real time, i prob wouldnt have either, but sometimes when you wait too long its too late as well.

Most of this is not exactly on-topic.  There are threads about the Vegas couple who killed 2 Cops at a Starbuck's, then they went across to a Walmart and started shooting whoever.  The guy who was killed by the GF likely saved lives by giving his own life.  His choice -- not going to second guess what he knew or was thinking.

If you carry, you need to carry every single time you leave the house.  If not, then don't even start.  You'll just be playing Russian Roulette hoping the bad guy chooses your day to carry rather than a "lazy day."  Not the same as deciding to leave your umbrella at home and hoping it doesn't rain.

Honestly, if you aren't serious about carrying, it's better that you don't.  It's a serious commitment and responsibility.  Remember the story from Mr. Miyagi about the grape?
-- Melvin Udall

aaronc5362

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »
Negative. I know only mr miyagi and the fly. Even though ive watched all karate kid not too long ago and all of cobra kai on netflix. Bad memory. Unless your talking bout a diff miyagi.

Lol . Yea i can see your point, but idk. Maybe i need an event that could change my mind? Altho, dont want that happening. Plus we live in hawaii where we cannot, or atleast i cannot. So its never been a real burning desire to do so. I dont travel much, my last trip was to ny in 2016.

Also i know quite of few cops and federal leos who dont carry while going out. Malls, bars, etc.

Anyways  :stopjack:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 11:11:18 PM »
Negative. I know only mr miyagi and the fly. Even though ive watched all karate kid not too long ago and all of cobra kai on netflix. Bad memory. Unless your talking bout a diff miyagi.

For educational purposes:   :geekdanc:

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 09:05:31 AM »

The problem is if CCW is allowed in HI, mag limit doesn't matter because we ban anything over 10.  So you can carry what ever you want and our law will remove that variable when making a choice, unless it's a less than 10rd handgun.

In Vegas I carry my VP9 with spare mag.  My wife carries a mag for it in her purse.  She bitches about the weight, but I told her there is no worst feeling than being out of ammo, especially with the 10 rd mags I bring to Vegas.  So we practice the "mag toss".

That vid might be the one at a Vegas Walmart.  Couple walks in and is brandishing.  Good guy was in line at the Western Union and followed the guy and was going to engage.  He didn't know there were 2 of them.  He got shot in the back of the head by the guys gf.  He did have the opportunity to exit the Walmart since the Western Union is located right in the front.

IMO I would get out of dodge, because NV's castle doctrine doesn't apply.  So he can be sued by the bad guy or their family.  NV's castle doctrine which also extends to your vehicle makes you immune from civil liability.

I haven't tried the Ruger yet, but I like the grip.  I got very sweaty palms and that texture looks good.  Tried the 365 and my support thumb is like 1/4 inch from the end of the barrel.  On the G43, no issue with the support thumb.

stangzilla

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 12:31:14 PM »
The problem is if CCW is allowed in HI, mag limit doesn't matter because we ban anything over 10.  So you can carry what ever you want and our law will remove that variable when making a choice, unless it's a less than 10rd handgun.

[ snippety doo dah ]

The other side of that rationale is -- what if you sell the gun to someone not in Hawaii?  That person may appreciate the higher capacity over 10 rds.  So, if you decide against a model without factoring in the standard capacity magazines they can take, you might have a harder time reselling what you bought later. 

I opted for the Glock 26 at first and liked that the standard capacity was 10+1.  Made me feel like I wasn't being limited by the state.  BUT, I WAS being limited by the handgun!  A limit is a limit.

You have the option of buying "mag parts kits" to bring home, and then travel with them as standard capacity mags -- if the gun accepts them.

I'd lean toward giving myself (and any future buyer of my gun) options rather than choosing one with designed-in limitations.  Of course, that only comes into play if you're thinking of buying 2 guns and one of them has a >10rd standard capacity.

JMHO
-- Melvin Udall