What Did You Do in Your Reloading Room Today? (Read 49491 times)

oldfart

Re: What Did You Do in Your Reloading Room Today?
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
That reminds me that I got a box of Cheesy Poofs sitting on the shelf.
What, Me Worry?

aletheuo137

« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
Working on a trail cam that the battery corrode in!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

oldfart

« Reply #222 on: December 25, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »
I seem to notice Duracell and Kirkland are repeat offenders in the leakage department.
What, Me Worry?

dogman

« Reply #223 on: December 25, 2021, 07:51:39 PM »
I seem to notice Duracell and Kirkland are repeat offenders in the leakage department.
I read Duracell makes the batteries for Kirkland.

ren

« Reply #224 on: December 25, 2021, 08:05:46 PM »

got most parts in now assembly. Problem I am having is the plumbing leaks from the 1/8" copper tubing to the rest of the tubes. I'm trying to find a suitable adaptor / solution to fit a 5/8 tube to a the 1/8" copper tube coil. I know resistance increases from larger diameter to smaller. Going to try soldering a bigger tube to the smaller tube or try a barbed connector / reducre with small hose clamps. Any ideas?
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2021, 01:29:33 AM »
I have noticed the same. I gave up on buying my batteries at Costco for that reason.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2022, 03:33:33 AM »
I have noticed the same. I gave up on buying my batteries at Costco for that reason.
BTW, I have changed my attitude towards the battery leakage issue. So I can go back to buying my batteries at Costco if I want to. But now I am near a Harbor Freight and they sell similar batteries very cheap. And they put them on sale even cheaper on a regular basis.

What I did last year is on New Years Day I went through my house and made a complete list of all things that use a battery. I noted the size and quantity of batteries in each device. I also removed the batteries out of the devices I knew I was not planning on using in the near future. So I preempted the leakage issue. I also decided which items I was going to replace the batteries in every New Years Day. So last year I bought a bunch of batteries and replaced them in every smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector, remote controls, clocks, backup batteries for plug in clocks, gun safe, red dot sights, etc. I also bought new backup batteries for my lanterns in case SHTF and in my weather radio. I will replace these backups every 2 years. And I also have extras for those items that need new batteries before the year is up. So initially it cost a pretty penny upfront to do this, but I had quite a few extras left over from my initial purchase a year ago that I didn’t have to replenish many batteries this year.

The big thing for me is that I had leakage in my gun safe and it took a lot effort to save the battery box. So now I don’t have to worry about it if I keep up my routine. Also, I had to throw away some good tools that the batteries leaked in an ruined. And I no longer have to deal with a smoke alarm that is designed to only go off at 2am when the batteries die. :rofl:

Inspector

« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2022, 03:45:59 AM »
Since it is cold outside I have moved a lot of my case prep indoors. I made a list of all the calibers and quantities I want to increase my stores of this year. My goal is to add about 4,500 rounds this winter.

Yesterday I finished prepping 300 rounds of 9mm cases. I have 200 left to tumble. I will start reloading these later this week. Also I started washing 400 rounds of 380ACP out of my goal of 700 to add. I bought a bunch of really dirty range brass so I am decapping them and washing them before I run them through my sizing die. I started to run out of ultrasonic cleaner so I went to some of my LGS and they are all out. So I ordered some online. I also did some reorganizing of my ammo supply. I also did a lot of labeling.

stangzilla

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2022, 10:36:23 AM »
44 magnum lead loads. snake food. 245 grain SWC, 200 grain WC   :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2022, 10:41:38 AM »
44 magnum lead loads. snake food. 245 grain SWC, 200 grain WC   :thumbsup:

Nice! :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2022, 10:46:02 AM »
I was busy yesterday but today I finished prepping the first 100 rounds of 380ACP cases and cleaned and sized the next 300 and deprimed and washed one more batch of 100.

I also finished prepping the last 100 of 9mm cases. And I loaded 100 rounds of 9mm using 124gr X-Treme CPRN with Titegroup and SPP.

Inspector

« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »
I primed and loaded 200 rounds of 9mm today. I have 1,300 rounds left of 9mm to load.

I also took delivery of a case of Federal Small Pistol Primers.

stangzilla

« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »
I pre-prepped some cases by unloading them at kokohead this morning  ;)
Also got in the mail 500 rounds of 158 grain JSP projectiles from Everglades Ammo

macsak

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2022, 09:24:23 PM »
I pre-prepped some cases by unloading them at kokohead this morning  ;)
Also got in the mail 500 rounds of 158 grain JSP projectiles from Everglades Ammo

heads

aletheuo137

« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2022, 07:30:01 AM »
heads
Reloading vs unloading! They go together!

stangzilla

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2022, 07:55:48 AM »
deprimed and cleaned some 357 brass. will reload more WC to shoot in the 627 PC 2.625" barrel
I think the same load I did last time will work fine, but gotta shoot it first and see.  load is right at the max recommended for this projectile and titegroup. no need to go any more than that.  as long as its accurate, I'll leave it there bc it's kind of a soft load even at the max charge. if not i'll back off a bit and see if its better

macsak

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2022, 12:02:39 PM »
"a friend" got notice of a "partial shipment" of an order of "heads" that was placed on "black friday"...

stangzilla

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2022, 12:40:10 PM »
"a friend" got notice of a "partial shipment" of an order of "heads" that was placed on "black friday"...

heads

aletheuo137

« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2022, 07:33:26 PM »
heads
black friday

aletheuo137

« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2022, 10:53:15 AM »
Getting ready to resize necks on 243 & 308 cases to fit 260 rem.