withdrawal from Afghanistan, bad idea? (Read 73346 times)

bass monkey

Re: withdrawal from Afghanistan, bad idea?
« Reply #640 on: September 03, 2021, 02:11:55 PM »
I don't understand how all those planes full of Afghan people were let through & cleared for takeoff,  yet American citizens/allies couldn't get through to the airport & got left behind.

They should have left them on the standby list until all Americans made it out.

Sounds like he's doing what Barry did with the Somalians

changemyoil66

« Reply #641 on: September 03, 2021, 03:15:04 PM »
I don't understand how all those planes full of Afghan people were let through & cleared for takeoff,  yet American citizens/allies couldn't get through to the airport & got left behind.

Many don't know what Barry did with the Somali's.

Glasser

« Reply #642 on: September 03, 2021, 06:06:27 PM »
Many don't know what Barry did with the Somali's.

Justine Damond found out.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #643 on: September 04, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
F*ck too late now but I still like know how come the U.S. didn't send elite forces out to get the trapped Americans.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Glasser

« Reply #644 on: September 04, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1434054361794039808

Former Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell says top U.S. officials have informed him that Biden’s vetting process for Afghan nationals is a disaster, noting many do not have documentation and that the admin is telling officials to go with their gut feeling

RSN172

« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »
Send those without docs to Delaware.

Glasser

« Reply #646 on: September 04, 2021, 10:08:52 AM »
Send those without docs to Delaware.

Not gonna happen, a list was leaked they are dumping all of them in Purple States. Those inclusive compassionate Blue states arent going to get to experience their beautiful vibrant culture. 

Kuleana

« Reply #647 on: September 04, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
Apparently 100 of the Afghan immigrants they imported into the US so far have been I'D as having links to terrorists, thousands still haven't been security cleared yet.
We should not be surprised.

Those people are probably the family and friends, of the US empire's terrorists-for-hire team.  Their immediate evacuation just illustrates how they are more important to the US empire than its own citizenry.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #648 on: September 04, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Wouldn't have happened if the U.S. still believed in "America First" doctrine.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Kuleana

« Reply #649 on: September 04, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »
Wouldn't have happened if the U.S. still believed in "America First" doctrine.
I go one-step further.

Americans today would not have had to endure the foreign and domestic problems it currently does, if the Americans of the past resisted the temptation of empire that represents what America has tragically now become.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #650 on: September 04, 2021, 02:27:19 PM »
F*ck too late now but I still like know how come the U.S. didn't send elite forces out to get the trapped Americans.

You mean like Biden, Obama and Clinton did for the Benghazi attack?

Oh, right.  Obama was getting his rest before flying to Vegas the next day for a campaign fundraiser.  And Clinton was just AWOL, even though the people there were her responsibility.  Biden was probably dreaming of ice cream.

Biden learned from Obama.  If you don't act like there's a crisis, there isn't one.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Glasser

« Reply #651 on: September 04, 2021, 10:16:59 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/incompetent-woke-military-three-star-general-posts-photo-thinks-u-s-troops-leaving-afghanistan-turns-british/

Diversity is our strength

Three Star General Posts Photo She Thinks Are U.S. Troops Leaving Afghanistan–Turns Out They’re British

changemyoil66

« Reply #652 on: September 04, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »
I was gonna say, that looks like a bullpup.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

RSN172

« Reply #653 on: September 05, 2021, 07:12:59 AM »
#MakeAss

ren

« Reply #654 on: September 05, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »
I was gonna say, that looks like a bullpup.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kinda...
Deeds Not Words

Glasser

« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2021, 09:12:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1434584376839344130

Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX), Ranking Member on the Foreign Affairs Committee: “We have six airplanes at Mazar Sharif Airport, six airplanes with American citizens on them as I speak, also with these interpreters, and the Taliban is holding them hostage for demands right now.”

Glasser

« Reply #656 on: September 05, 2021, 09:15:16 AM »
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1434447622689992707

Afghan (29) stabs gardener (58) with a knife in Berlin, because it reportedly bothered him that she worked as a woman. She was critically injured. The attacker seriously injured another person (66) who wanted to help.

drck1000

« Reply #657 on: September 05, 2021, 09:22:41 AM »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #658 on: September 06, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »

I imagine this was quite a difficult task logistically. Merely making sure all Americans knew there was an evacuation was likely a challenge. Would the US government even know exactly how many Americans were in Afghanistan at the moment? Once the evacuation began a mix of Americans and others approved to come started lining up I think the best option may to have been just take them as they came.

Glasser

« Reply #659 on: September 06, 2021, 09:52:51 AM »
Would the US government even know exactly how many Americans were in Afghanistan at the moment?

Have you ever traveled outside the US? immigration/ customs / passport control knows the number of people and their citizenship unless they illegally entered the country.  You are required to let Customs know where you will be residing while you are in a country. Its been like that for almost 100 yrs the world over. Even in dirt poor 3rd world dumps.

I imagine this was quite a difficult task logistically. Merely making sure all Americans knew there was an evacuation was likely a challenge

Even in dirt poor 3rd world dumps cell phone service is common. The days of a town crier are long long gone. Places in poorest parts of Africa actually use cell phone minutes as currency instead of the worthless money in their country.