Holsters (Read 4175 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Holsters
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 06:24:00 PM »
Somebody ask about Serpas?

Follow-up from Military Arms Channel:

Moral of the story:  if there are other holsters that don't have the same risks as a SERPA, why limit yourself to that holster?  It's not like the SERPA has major features or benefits that others do not.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 07:13:08 PM »
After reading what you guys all go, i came to realize that i need more guns.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bota-CS1

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
How many holsters for 1 gun do you guys go thru?

So I have 1 pistol and got a Serpa when I bought it.  Was super noob, so bought what ever was on the shelf.

Then got a G-code.  But ended up adding a WML later so needed a new one.

Then got a FalTac for the WML, but the hood release system sucks.

Ordered Safariland 6365 ALS/SLS systlem.

So no focus on the buy once cry once.

You're going to need another one for that 1911 you're going to buy  :thumbsup:
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

drck1000

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 10:22:30 PM »
You're going to need another one for that 1911 you're going to buy  :thumbsup:
Sounds like he’s gonna be crying more soon. Purple 1911s?

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2021, 07:48:26 AM »
Purple grips.

At least ive somewhat learned. Wont buy a holster for a 1911 until i finalize my set up. As in add WML.

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2021, 08:09:07 AM »
Purple carbon fiber and clear mag carrier. Got holster to match.

stangzilla

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
I probably have a dozen or so holsters.  i only use a few of them when i go to a friends farm, but i havent gone in a while
most are kydex for a defensive holster.  for my 1911's, Glock19, XDm, and my short barrel revolvers
i have the Serpa, then i moved to the Safariland ALS.  custom kydex for the G19 with streamlight and red dot.  the Serpa is for a 1911, which i dont see as so much a problem bc its carried cocked and locked.  but the safariland is safer so i use it instead now.
but my favorite one and its the most comfortable is my Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster.  fits like a glove, leather is top notch, it is very well made.  if i lived on a farm this would be my go to rig for my 3" GP100
i remember a quote that was something like, 'prepare for the  storm, but remember to enjoy the sunshine', or something like that.  some of my firearms are for the storm, but the revolvers are for enjoying the sunshine   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2021, 12:54:41 PM »
Purple grips.

At least ive somewhat learned. Wont buy a holster for a 1911 until i finalize my set up. As in add WML.

Don't be a puss.  Try different kinds.  It's fun.  Builds character. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2021, 01:23:31 PM »
Don't be a puss.  Try different kinds.  It's fun.  Builds character.

Testing 22 ammo is fun in a new rifle too.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »
Another professional's opinion:

The Serpa Holster is Hot Garbage

In today’s episode of “Butthurt Inducing Truths” we examine the BLACKHAWK! Serpa
holster and discover all the ways that it is hot garbage. It is. I know yours has never had
a problem. But the Serpa holster as a whole is still hot garbage.

-- Melvin Udall

aaronc5362

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2021, 08:18:53 AM »
I got 2 g19s, and 3x holsters designed for that particular pistol. 1 als level 2 model 6320?? , and 2x r and r holsters from ebay. I got the multicam first  but then MC black came out and wanted it lol. So i just wasted money just for a diff color. Lol

I also own another als, forgot what model (but not your typical 63xx or 64xx series) for a g17 and a galco summer comfort (i think) also for g17. But both g19 fit in it so technically i have 5 holsters for 2x g19s. Hahaha

Oh then i tried to fit a p10f in a g34/g17L raven concealment holster hut didnt work. G19 works again. So maybe 6x holsters.

So dont feel bad, i seem to waste alot of money.

macsak

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
important safety tip:
i was cleaning out a spilled bag of hypothetical brass that fell into the wheeled cart that could be used to transport range knicknacks
at the bottom, i found 2 screws and 2 nuts of the type that would be used on holsters if i owned any
so be sure to check your fasteners on your holsters if you own some, which i do not...

ren

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2021, 10:46:42 AM »
Purple carbon fiber and clear mag carrier. Got holster to match.

so metro
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »
important safety tip:
i was cleaning out a spilled bag of hypothetical brass that fell into the wheeled cart that could be used to transport range knicknacks
at the bottom, i found 2 screws and 2 nuts of the type that would be used on holsters if i owned any
so be sure to check your fasteners on your holsters if you own some, which i do not...

Best SOP is to use blue Loctite or similar product to keep the screws from working their way out.

it's a good idea to inspect the screws before each use, but use Loctite, too.
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »
so metro

Stop encouraging him!  Before you know it he’s going to ask if there’s purple fiber optic front sights!  :shake:
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2021, 09:05:11 PM »
Stop encouraging him!  Before you know it he’s going to ask if there’s purple fiber optic front sights!  :shake:

or, this?   :shake:

-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2021, 08:11:08 AM »
I got 2 g19s, and 3x holsters designed for that particular pistol. 1 als level 2 model 6320?? , and 2x r and r holsters from ebay. I got the multicam first  but then MC black came out and wanted it lol. So i just wasted money just for a diff color. Lol

I also own another als, forgot what model (but not your typical 63xx or 64xx series) for a g17 and a galco summer comfort (i think) also for g17. But both g19 fit in it so technically i have 5 holsters for 2x g19s. Hahaha

Oh then i tried to fit a p10f in a g34/g17L raven concealment holster hut didnt work. G19 works again. So maybe 6x holsters.

So dont feel bad, i seem to waste alot of money.
You're def not alone.   ;D  I personally don't pay much attention to the color scheme, but not purple :facepalm:  I have buddies who will hold out for a specific color scheme, and love MC as well.  For some Safariland holsters, I'll take whatever is least lead time.  haha

I try not to think of it as wasting money, but more investment in a hobby.  That said, the cost for holsters and such has prevented me from expanding my lineup of handguns. . .  :(

drck1000

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »
important safety tip:
If people actually focused. . .

I recall, hypothetically of course, that happening to someone during a competition shoot.  Where a multi-tool saved the day. . .

drck1000

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2021, 08:13:18 AM »
How do you know he hasn't?   :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2021, 08:52:36 AM »
How do you know he hasn't?   :rofl:

^^^^This. And purple plate carrier.