.22 lr Bolt Action - Experiences and Recommendations (Read 74428 times)

Akubone1

Re: .22 lr Bolt Action - Experiences and Recommendations
« Reply #400 on: December 10, 2021, 08:04:07 AM »
:shaka:  This weekend looks to be windy.  Also, I heard that the right side of the rifle range was all muddy and mud covered all the target post holes.
Honolulu Marathon this Sunday. 

This weekend doesn't look good.  Ammo should be in by next weekend, I hope.  :worship:

I’m going to take the kids to the silhouette side to plink.  Yup, checked Windy and it’s looks like it’s blowing all the way through next week.  Aside from shooting it’s going to make onaga fishing difficult.

drck1000

« Reply #401 on: December 10, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Got a message from Jennifer.  ETA  Honolulu is 12/14-12/17.  Probably take a couple of days for them to start sending out deliveries.
As a side note, I was checking with Jen on timing of future shipments.  Seeing some ammo sales as well as some calibers coming back into stock.  Anyways, due to increasing costs (shipping, parcel, everything), continuing of shipping services is being evaluated. 

Speaking for myself, I am ok with spending more.  I am guessing at least a few here are as well in order to keep this valuable pipeline operating. 

Just a heads up.   

tommynauw

« Reply #402 on: December 10, 2021, 01:08:09 PM »
I am guessing at least a few here are as well in order to keep this valuable pipeline operating. 

100%. A thread on here to share tips on which sites have what available and find partners to split cases should generate a big order.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #403 on: December 10, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »
Got a message from Jennifer.  ETA  Honolulu is 12/14-12/17.  Probably take a couple of days for them to start sending out deliveries.
As a side note, I was checking with Jen on timing of future shipments.  Seeing some ammo sales as well as some calibers coming back into stock.  Anyways, due to increasing costs (shipping, parcel, everything), continuing of shipping services is being evaluated. 

Speaking for myself, I am ok with spending more.  I am guessing at least a few here are as well in order to keep this valuable pipeline operating. 

Just a heads up.   

I appreciate what Jen and her company is doing for us here in Hawaii.  I want to support them and am willing to order from them because I trust them in their commitment to try to keep costs down and offering the best price on ammunition.

Times are hard on all businesses and I want to support them and hopefully they can  continue to prosper and succeed.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

macsak

« Reply #404 on: December 10, 2021, 05:31:51 PM »
i think you folks should let her know that you are willing to pay the increased cost to retain access to ammo that is not readily available here...

QUIETShooter

« Reply #405 on: December 10, 2021, 05:55:43 PM »
i think you folks should let her know that you are willing to pay the increased cost to retain access to ammo that is not readily available here...

I plan to do so.  :shaka:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Akubone1

« Reply #406 on: December 10, 2021, 07:39:19 PM »
I appreciate what Jen and her company is doing for us here in Hawaii.  I want to support them and am willing to order from them because I trust them in their commitment to try to keep costs down and offering the best price on ammunition.

Times are hard on all businesses and I want to support them and hopefully they can  continue to prosper and succeed.

I’m hoping they can continue their program.  I’d support them and would be willing to pay more.  I’ll make sure I let them know how much we appreciate their business and support of the 2a community.

drck1000

« Reply #407 on: December 11, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
Thanks PFC Obvious. . .

macsak

« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2021, 12:44:38 PM »
Thanks PFC Obvious. . .

SFDDS Obvious to you...

ren

« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2021, 01:11:18 PM »
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2021, 08:16:00 AM »
Been shopping for more .22 ammo.  Have been wanting to try SK, but hard to find.  I heard good things about RWS, but $$$.

I ordered more Eley Match and some Eley Target to try.  So slowly building a decent stash.  Will see what round count is "normal" for range days.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »
Been shopping for more .22 ammo.  Have been wanting to try SK, but hard to find.  I heard good things about RWS, but $$$.

I ordered more Eley Match and some Eley Target to try.  So slowly building a decent stash.  Will see what round count is "normal" for range days.

Want to trade some of your Eley match for SK match?

drck1000

« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »
Sure. SK Rifle Match? But down to try others.

macsak

« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2021, 05:23:54 PM »

heads

esk808

« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »

To All Who Have Ammo Coming In With Jennifer,

Yesterday, Jennifer said the boat is leaving tomorrow 12/18 and would be off-loading on 12/28 or so..................

WTF?Shane

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
Sure. SK Rifle Match? But down to try others.

Yes.

drck1000

« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »
To All Who Have Ammo Coming In With Jennifer,

Yesterday, Jennifer said the boat is leaving tomorrow 12/18 and would be off-loading on 12/28 or so..................
That ETA will likely miss my end of year leave window for hitting the range, but will be a good start to 2022 to have that ammo on hand.   :geekdanc:

Yes.
Awesome.  Will let you know when my Eley Match comes in.  It's on the boat that esk mentioned above. 

dogman

« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2021, 07:31:57 PM »
You will see your accuracy improve as the barrel gets fouled. You need to lay down the lube of whatever ammo you are using. When switching ammo, it'll take a bit before it settles down because of the different lube. Cleaning is counterproductive IMO. Your rifle, you do you though just don't say I didn't tell you.

Clean the chamber often only. Remove the powder fouling from the bore. Done

http://enews.email.brownells.com/q/2T_Qh_ff3xX0X5Pjbiey6rowj5DvcPTbCMHZcOJZXJpYzE5OTFqQGdtYWlsLmNvbcOIAxncsyBic5pLJQl4-fXAPvgof3A

drck1000

« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2021, 08:13:56 AM »
Got word from Jen that the ammo arrived on-island.  They are supposed to get the pallet tomorrow and then have it out to Hawaii folks end of the week. 

esk808

« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2021, 10:00:22 AM »

Kaleo arms ammo shipment is in !