Oahu CCW rules completed (Read 6769 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Oahu CCW rules completed
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2022, 09:38:50 PM »

Heavies

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2022, 07:15:04 AM »
Is it legal for the C&C to retroactively apply the new “rules” to all the pending applications that where made prior to this adoption?

changemyoil66

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2022, 12:10:35 PM »

Stack_Xchange

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
That poor Major... Someone on the forum accused me of "grasping for straws", but that Major was actually grasping for straws.

This wasn't an issue of reporting or categorization. This was an issue regarding the clear omittance of select data, select data that if reported, would undoubtedly look poorly upon the reporter.

*loose translation* "We didn't include rapes because those occur inside, so um basically what I'm saying is, it's not a public issue"

hahahahaha what the actual F. So, we didn't report felonious sex assaults because those are indoors, but we also didn't report felonious assaults because it's a different system. We reported assaults' though, because those all happened outside--apparently.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2022, 02:52:14 PM »
That poor Major... Someone on the forum accused me of "grasping for straws", but that Major was actually grasping for straws.

This wasn't an issue of reporting or categorization. This was an issue regarding the clear omittance of select data, select data that if reported, would undoubtedly look poorly upon the reporter.

*loose translation* "We didn't include rapes because those occur inside, so um basically what I'm saying is, it's not a public issue"

hahahahaha what the actual F. So, we didn't report felonious sex assaults because those are indoors, but we also didn't report felonious assaults because it's a different system. We reported assaults' though, because those all happened outside--apparently.

Yeah, the major's explanation will do wonders for the public's confidence in HPD's ability to be transparent and truthful in reporting crime statistics.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.  Instead of sugar coating, and deflecting, how about offering ways to combat the obvious.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2022, 09:03:43 PM »
Tangent time....

The explanation in the video as to why they don't include Felony Sex Assaults in their statistics sounds bogus.  They said they don't include them in the Waikiki stats because those types of assaults happen "behind closed doors," and there's little HPD can do to prevent those kinds of crimes from occurring.

Really?  So, if someone is attacked in an alley or mall elevator and raped, that's not going to be in the stats because they happened "behind closed doors?"   That excuse doesn't hold water.

Must be nice to hide negative information from the public by simply tossing up your hands saying, "There's nothing we can do about it, so we'll just pretend it doesn't exist."

:wacko:   :wtf:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
Tomorrow is the 2 week mark for the first group who submitted all the required paperwork.  Logan did say "up to 30 days would be usual".

QUIETShooter

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2022, 06:17:10 AM »
Tomorrow is the 2 week mark for the first group who submitted all the required paperwork.  Logan did say "up to 30 days would be usual".

When does Hawaii's legislature convene?

Let's see.  It's now Dec. 20th.  So 10(working?) days went by and Logan said 30(working?) days would be usual.  So 20 working days from now would be around Jan. 18.

Hmmmm......my conspiracy theory on stalling tactics is again going through the roof.

Cannot help.  This is Hawaii.  This is HPD.  Nomo trust anymore. ;)
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »

I'm thinking about and old story called "The boy that cried wolf"

changemyoil66

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2022, 08:54:11 AM »
When does Hawaii's legislature convene?

Let's see.  It's now Dec. 20th.  So 10(working?) days went by and Logan said 30(working?) days would be usual.  So 20 working days from now would be around Jan. 18.

Hmmmm......my conspiracy theory on stalling tactics is again going through the roof.

Cannot help.  This is Hawaii.  This is HPD.  Nomo trust anymore. ;)

IIRC Jan 2nd ish.  The last day to submit is 1/25/23.

But either way, no law can take into effect until the gov signs it and the earliest would be July 1st.  So I predicted when SCOTUS first ruled that CCW's would be issued in March and people will get to carry until July 1st which some BS law would make existing CCW's invalid.

changemyoil66

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »
I'm thinking about and old story called "The boy that cried wolf"

Logan reminds me of Barry.  A good speaker, but full of it.  You don't get to be General by not having people skills.

Mr. Hyde

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2023, 07:33:37 AM »
Now that CCW is actually becoming a thing here does anyone know if  Hawaii allow’s reciprocity from other states? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section or if anyone already asked this.

Motorman

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2023, 09:52:10 AM »
Now that CCW is actually becoming a thing here does anyone know if  Hawaii allow’s reciprocity from other states? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section or if anyone already asked this.

As of right now, Hawaii does not have any reciprocity in terms of out-of-state CCW license holders.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2023, 01:11:20 PM »

This, along with a dozen other CCW-related rules, needs to be addressed by the legislature.

Since the current state law has no reciprocity with any other state, that will need to change at some point if they decide to allow it (Hell is already ordering ice skates, just in case).

Some states have an open reciprocity policy honoring anyone's permit from their home state of residence and/or non-resident permits from other states.

If you're a resident of Hawaii with a Hawaii CCL, these states honor it:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin.

If you're a non-resident with a Hawaii License to carry, the list of states that honor it is almost the same -- Michigan doesn't honor non-resident HI licenses.

These states do not honor HI licenses:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Guam, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands.

There are other states like CA and NY who do not honor any other state's permits even if you are a resident where the permit was issued whether or not your state honor's CA permits.  CA does not issue non-resident permits, but NY does -- same rules as resident permit applications.

#NationalReciprocityNow

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »
Don't count on getting reciprocity here.  There's a very slim chance we could get reciprocity with places like California and New York to carry in Hawaii, but you wouldn't get licenses from those states.

Only way I can see is if SCOTUS eventually rules for Constitutional Carry, but that's a long way off.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2023, 10:15:22 PM »
Hudson bill is presented again. House is dnc controlled so no way.

Senate a maybe. But rinos....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2023, 10:19:27 PM »
focus
house is not DNC controled
and senate is not a maybe...

Hudson bill is presented again. House is dnc controlled so no way.

Senate a maybe. But rinos....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

groveler

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2023, 05:53:50 PM »
Don't count on getting reciprocity here.  There's a very slim chance we could get reciprocity with places like California and New York to carry in Hawaii, but you wouldn't get licenses from those states.

Only way I can see is if SCOTUS eventually rules for Constitutional Carry, but that's a long way off.
I can tell you exactly how to get Constitutional carry passed.
Not in a public forum of course.
I keep "the Art of war" and "the prince" on either side of one of my Bibles, a KJ version.
 :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2023, 09:03:00 AM »
Chief was on the news at some kind of meeting recently and reported that 11 CCW's have been issued. Which means as of 2 weeks ago, there were 7 issued. So in 2 weeks, he signed off on 4.

He also stated he plans to approve 4 more by tomorrow.

He stated 189 pending apps with the new requirements, and of which 119 are people because some applied for more than 1 gun. So if he approved on average 4 a week, that means it will take 7 months just for these 119 people.

All those who submitted under the new rules and it's been over 2 weeks, you should call his office and HPD firearms and ask for the CCW person who's in charge.