Revised Honolulu Proficiency Test (Read 7114 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Revised Honolulu Proficiency Test
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2022, 05:40:28 PM »
Speaking of tasers, when are you going to get tased?
No need ammo cause range closed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2022, 05:45:10 PM »
No need ammo cause range closed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Uh, that made NO sense. . .

Sodie

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2022, 05:49:33 PM »
Does anyone know how the points are calculated?   I assume that 125 possible points with 25 rounds means 5 points possible per round but are partial points possible?

I think they’re looking at an NRA B-27 full-size silhouette with “qualification” scoring (see attached photo).  X, 10, 9, and 8 rings are 5 points, 7 ring is 4 points, outside the 7 ring but on black is 3 points.

Sodie

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2022, 05:50:39 PM »
I tried to do a search on the PDF posted.  Nothing came back as found no matter what I tried, including "HONOLULU".

I then downloaded the PDF, but still couldn't search.

Then I noticed the rubber stamped "NOV 20 2022" all over the document.  They must have scanned the file as an image -- meaning it's not searchable text.

So, I used Adobe's online converter to change the PDF to a Word document.  Now I can search it.  It loses some of the formatting, and some words are misspelled, but it's close enough.

RESULTS
The word "holster" only appears in the section listing the qualification test procedures, and the only use of "retention" appears in the list of topics to be included in the classroom training: firearm retention.

The word "level" has been completely omitted, as in "level two."

:thumbsup: :geekdanc:

Remember, in the original version they didn’t say “level 2,” they said “type 2.”

drck1000

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2022, 05:56:38 PM »
I think they’re looking at an NRA B-27 full-size silhouette with “qualification” scoring (see attached photo).  X, 10, 9, and 8 rings are 5 points, 7 ring is 4 points, outside the 7 ring but on black is 3 points.

So easy, even macsak get chance  ;D

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2022, 06:04:49 PM »
Remember, in the original version they didn’t say “level 2,” they said “type 2.”

The only occurrence of "type" is:
(g)   Licenses issued pursuant to this section may be Unconcealed, Concealed, or both.
The Chief shall evaluate the applicant's needs and, in the Chief's opinion, what type of License will best promote public safety.

When the only references to "holster" and "retention" are the lines I previously referenced, I assumed that to be sufficient to prove there are no requirements for specific holster retention. 

I ran the search on "level" in response to the question posted.  I think we're good.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2022, 07:32:08 PM »
as long as the scoring box is on the low left...

So easy, even macsak get chance  ;D

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2022, 07:49:03 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Stack_Xchange

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2022, 10:03:13 PM »
I wanted to get a NAA Black Widow with the "holster grip" for deep concealment when I'm wearing PT style clothes. I'm actually scared I won't be able to hit the paper at all at 30 ft.  :-\

hk45c

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »

So 2 to the chest, 1 to the head only gets you 13 points  ;D

Rocky

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2022, 11:57:18 AM »
    And he's just throwing rocks cuz... you know.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:01:38 AM by Rocky »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

macsak

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2022, 12:03:10 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Official-Target-Shooting-Targets-Silhouette/dp/B07P9HMYJY/
nice!

I'd probably opt for the NRA B-27E to keep the boto blasters at bay

I've also been looking at another NRA certified target with the 5 score,  the B-21E

changemyoil66

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2022, 12:10:55 PM »

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2022, 12:11:21 PM »
shoot left handed. . .

I'd probably opt for the NRA B-27E to keep the boto blasters at bay

I've also been looking at another NRA certified target with the 5 score,  the B-21E
I don't throw rocks. . . that's just rude.  now throwing shade, maybe  ;D

drck1000

Jaco808

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2022, 12:35:40 PM »
Anyone know any instructors? Only got 88 days left.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2022, 12:47:16 PM »
So who are these certified testers approved by HPD?  Have anyone been approved?

Will they be the owners/instructors of the 2 miniscule indoor ranges on Oahu?

And how much will the test cost the poor, cash strapped citizen of Honolulu already paying for passport photos, range fees, range ammunition, and God knows what else.  Oh yeah, the license fee.

Oh... Oh... yeah... yeah... also the range fees to practice.   Oh, and what about the targets?  Free?  No?  Maybe so?  I dunno?

For you guys coming in from out of State no forget to save for the psychiatrist/psychologist/Dr. evaluation.  Also you guys that was gone for 180 consecutive days.

And by the way, whoever thought up this mental evaluation for people coming from out of state or gone for 180 consecutive days should have their head examined.......

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2022, 01:07:55 PM »
So who are these certified testers approved by HPD?  Have anyone been approved?

Will they be the owners/instructors of the 2 miniscule indoor ranges on Oahu?

I know 1 guy who was the first to submit his app yesterday.  No word on how long it will take to approve or deny the app.  I find it hard to believe that all others also submitted their apps.

And since he was the first one, did others who have connections submit them via back channel ways since the guys in the front haven't seen them yet.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2022, 01:21:01 PM »
I know 1 guy who was the first to submit his app yesterday.  No word on how long it will take to approve or deny the app.  I find it hard to believe that all others also submitted their apps.

And since he was the first one, did others who have connections submit them via back channel ways since the guys in the front haven't seen them yet.

This would be depressing.  Permits only to those "in the know" or to friends, LE, and acquaintances.

That was not the intent of the SCOTUS decision.  HPD and Chief Logan needs to be very clear as to how one can take the test and who the certified instructors are that we can contact to take the test.

Since they are the ones who require a proficiency test, I feel they are required to make sure the public have access to facilities to take the test, even if it means access to their own indoor ranges.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

macsak

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2022, 01:36:26 PM »
he's talking about instructor approval...

This would be depressing.  Permits only to those "in the know" or to friends, LE, and acquaintances.

That was not the intent of the SCOTUS decision.  HPD and Chief Logan needs to be very clear as to how one can take the test and who the certified instructors are that we can contact to take the test.

Since they are the ones who require a proficiency test, I feel they are required to make sure the public have access to facilities to take the test, even if it means access to their own indoor ranges.