shtf apartment preps (Read 1227 times)

macsak

shtf apartment preps
« on: June 20, 2023, 04:55:27 PM »

ren

Re: shtf apartment preps
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 06:18:16 PM »
add a mask in case of a fire. Most victims of a fire die from inhalation of smoke.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 07:03:34 PM »
Staying where there are lots of people is a bad idea overall.  If possible, prep for relocating -- like maybe rent a small storage locker.  Then just prep for short term, like a go bag at the apartment and one in the car.

Always be about a month ahead of prescription refills so you aren't running out 7 days after the event starts.

You should also get in the habit of keeping your gas tank above half full at all times.  When it hits half, go ahead and fill up or start thinking of gettting gas at your next opportunity.  I've done that since college.  I can't stand getting in the car and seeing the needle below 1/4.  It's extremely rare now that I ever see the needle dip below 1/4.  I'm usually filling up between 1/4 and 1/2.

You're also going to need power.  Get  a battery-powered generator with solar recharging.  At least be able to keep a cell phone charged. 

Also, get an emergency radio.  i have one that works on regular batteries plus a built-in lithium battery that uses solar recharge, hand-crank recharge, A/C recharge, and DC (car) recharge.

Last, have some cash stuck away somewhere.  When you don't have something you need, you'll need to initially have cash if the data networks and power grids are down.  Later on hard currencies like alcohol, ammo, guns, and medicines will be in high demand.

I realize this is a video about apartment prepping, but that shouldn't mean have some food and water and stay put.  A large apartment building is too much of a gamble.  Like was said, what happens in a fire?  If you're way up in the building, there may not be any safety systems working to extinguish it.  best idea is to just not be there when things get bad.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 08:06:03 AM »
I own no preps...or firearms, bodyarmor, ammo, reloading supplies, NVG, and comms.

DocMercy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 07:31:01 AM »
Three tings u need: 45 automatic handgun, shotgun, and plenty of ammo (preferably in a mag).

The fourth thing you need to find is inside the apartment building. She's a blonde.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
I watched that movie.

Good drama and action where there was action.

Biggest distraction is how everyone was soaking wet when they went outside, but when indoors, they were bone dry!  I guess they have those auto-drying clothes from Back to the Future II:rofl:

p.s. The blonde in the movie is the main character's daughter.   :popcorn:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall