2020 Elections - lose the Senate and Presidency? (Read 7403 times)

zippz

2020 Elections - lose the Senate and Presidency?
« on: December 02, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »
Do you guys think we'll lose the US Senate and Presidency in the 2020 elections and what will it mean for gun control?  In 2020 the Republicans are defending 22 seats to the Democrats 12 and Trump will face a tough election depending on who runs against him.  He'd most likely lose to moderates like Biden who is liked by many.  This in turn could also result in a change to the supreme courts makeup just about when Young v Hawaii goes up for a SCOTUS hearing.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

hvybarrels

Re: 2020 Elections - lose the Senate and Presidency?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »
Too early to say. Still have 20 months to go and that's plenty of time for some Black Swan action. In case you noticed the markets are not looking too healthy lately, international diplomacy is abysmal, and our partners are weighing options. I'm pretty sure they won't get around to building that wall either.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
All I know is if Trump isn't re-elected, prepare for a HUGE market crash.  So short what ever you got.  Then buy again later.

I bet Mueller is holding off on the Russia thing until after the election is over. He probably knew in 2017 that there is no collusion.

rklapp

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
I expect that the Dems will nominate a far left candidate thanks to Pelosi. Trump will squeeze out another close win. After two years of House hearings on Trump's indiscretions, the Reps will lose the Senate. By 2022, we'll have the 46th President. That's my prognostication.

Hopefully, all of this will distract the public from gun control unless more assholes decide to shoot up innocent people. For whatever reason, there appears to be an epidemic of mass shootings. I'm confident that eventually, everyone will calm the eff down. I don't believe that gun control will be effective in eliminating the epidemic, kinda like cutting off the arms off anyone who might potentially get infected. Eventually the disease will run its course and now you have a bunch of people running around with no arms. IMHO, outlawing guns will do little to reduce the rate of mass shootings in the US.

All I know is if Trump isn't re-elected, prepare for a HUGE market crash.  So short what ever you got.  Then buy again later.
I bet Mueller is holding off on the Russia thing until after the election is over. He probably knew in 2017 that there is no collusion.
The market crash is inevitable, happens at the beginning of most decades. The outlier is the 2008 housing crisis for which we've been in a gradual recovery since.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »
I expect that the Dems will nominate a far left candidate thanks to Pelosi. Trump will squeeze out another close win. After two years of House hearings on Trump's indiscretions, the Reps will lose the Senate. By 2022, we'll have the 46th President. That's my prognostication.
Wait, you predict that Trump will get re-elected in 2020 but two years later we will have a new president? I’m curious what do you predict is going to happen to Trump? Assasination? Heart attack? Turns out Stormy Daniels gave Trump HIV/STD? Will Melania kill him for having an affair with Hill Dog? (EWWW) Crotch rot? What? I’m really curious to hear what you predict.....

Or are you saying that the House will impeach and the senate will remove?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
I don’t like to predict things as I am a terrible guesser.

I will present something I thought was interesting to me. If you’ll recall Ann Coulter predicted Trump would become president. She was laughed at on May 4, 2016 for her prediction. Long before he won the nomination.

Now Ann Coulter is predicting that Trump will be our last Republican president.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/ann-coulter-trump-will-be-last-republican-president

I’m not an Ann Coulter fan but I always felt she has some insight and a different angle and ways that she looks at things.

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »
Wait, you predict that Trump will get re-elected in 2020 but two years later we will have a new president? I’m curious what do you predict is going to happen to Trump? Assasination? Heart attack? Turns out Stormy Daniels gave Trump HIV/STD? Will Melania kill him for having an affair with Hill Dog? (EWWW) Crotch rot? What? I’m really curious to hear what you predict.....

:rofl:

This ought to be interesting...

punaperson

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:59 AM »

Source? That graph is nowhere even close to using the FBI definition. More likely Bloombergian dictionary. What is the definition ("mass shooting") used in the chart?

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
Do you guys think we'll lose the US Senate and Presidency in the 2020 elections and what will it mean for gun control?  In 2020 the Republicans are defending 22 seats to the Democrats 12 and Trump will face a tough election depending on who runs against him.  He'd most likely lose to moderates like Biden who is liked by many.  This in turn could also result in a change to the supreme courts makeup just about when Young v Hawaii goes up for a SCOTUS hearing.

I think that the GOP needs to put someone else to run instead of Trump otherwise I think we will lose the presidency. Trump lost the popular vote and I think he has lost some of his support since becoming president making it even harder to win in 2020 unless the democrats field a really bad candidate.

I have often said I was disappointed with the GOP and that it needs to be torn down and rebuilt but I think Trump is doing that in the wrong direction. Maybe we will see a better GOP get rebuilt but I suspect that would take a large number of democrat presidents first.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:40 PM »
I think that the GOP needs to put someone else to run instead of Trump otherwise I think we will lose the presidency. Trump lost the popular vote and I think he has lost some of his support since becoming president making it even harder to win in 2020 unless the democrats field a really bad candidate.

I have often said I was disappointed with the GOP and that it needs to be torn down and rebuilt but I think Trump is doing that in the wrong direction. Maybe we will see a better GOP get rebuilt but I suspect that would take a large number of democrat presidents first.

Trump has lost support?  On what evidence do you base that conclusion/opinion/myth?

Trump reelection campaign has $100 million head start over Democrats
$106 million - an enormous sum that exceeds what any of his predecessors amassed so early in their presidencies.

More than half of the money the committees raised in the most recent fundraising quarter came from individual supporters, who are
giving in amounts of $200 or less. These supporters also are turning up at Trump-headlined rallies, where their information is being
pulled into the Republican National Committee's expanding voter database.

The party is connecting with 1 million voters per day and forging an army of volunteers - with a test run of this machine underway in
the form of the November midterm election.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-reelection-campaign-money-20181016-story.html
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 02:04:59 PM »
History doesn't repeat itself but it certainly rhymes with Watergate. Or he could have a heart attack from all of the cheeseburgers he eats before bed...

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:28:17 PM by rklapp »

rklapp

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »
All of this happened this week.

punaperson

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »
All of this happened this week.
Irrelevant. Irrelevant. Irrelevant.

Inspector

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »
History doesn't repeat itself but it certainly rhymes with Watergate. Or he could have a heart attack from all of the cheeseburgers he eats before bed...

You are being so obtuse I don’t understand. I thought you wanted to have a real conversation. I don’t understand why you are acting this way so I give up.  :wacko:

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »

Trump has lost support?  On what evidence do you base that conclusion/opinion/myth?

Because of the amount of people who initially supported him and have become turned off by some of his failed promises/rhetoric/increasing evidence of corruption or criminal activity. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »
Because of the amount of people who initially supported him and have become turned off by some of his failed promises/rhetoric/increasing evidence of corruption or criminal activity.

That's not evidence.  That's your opinion.

Show studies, stats, and reports that back up your opinion, or admit you are making that "factoid" up.
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 11:01:29 AM »
You are being so obtuse I don’t understand. I thought you wanted to have a real conversation. I don’t understand why you are acting this way so I give up.  :wacko:
Trump is screwed whether he wins or loses the Presidency. The Constitution doesn't allow a sitting President to be indicted, but he can afterwards. I doubt a sitting President can pardon himself otherwise Nixon woulda tried it. If Trump losses the election, the Democrat President will not pardon him. His only hope is to wait until the end of his second term and hope the GOP candidate wins. The easy way out is to quit and make a deal with the VP to give a pardon like Ford did. Alternatively, Mueller could finally admit that the Russian investigation is a giant conspiracy involving the Judicial department and half of his transition team.  :wacko:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:25 AM »
Trump is screwed whether he wins or loses the Presidency. The Constitution doesn't allow a sitting President to be indicted, but he can afterwards. I doubt a sitting President can pardon himself otherwise Nixon woulda tried it. If Trump losses the election, the Democrat President will not pardon him. His only hope is to wait until the end of his second term and hope the GOP candidate wins. The easy way out is to quit and make a deal with the VP to give a pardon like Ford did. Alternatively, Mueller could finally admit that the Russian investigation is a giant conspiracy involving the Judicial department and half of his transition team.  :wacko:

An impeached president can't pardon himself, but his successor can. Ford did exactly that, which quashed all rumblings of charging Nixon criminally after his resignation.

If Trump resigns, do you not think Pence wouldn't do the same?  If Trump loses, there would be executive privilege that could be invoked for his time in office, even after leaving office.

I don't see more than a nothing burger anyway. Mueller would have filed his report already if there was anything to go after Trump for.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 02:05:13 PM »
Trump gets impeached and Pence takes over.

Pence then assigns Trump as VP

Pence steps down and Trump is no POTUS again

Trump assigns Pence as VP.

Would be a trip if Muellers report takes down the Clintons and others like (actually working for Trump).  Whistleblower for the Clintons Foundation got raided a few days ago by the FBI.  Is this a start? 

zippz

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »
That's not evidence.  That's your opinion.

Show studies, stats, and reports that back up your opinion, or admit you are making that "factoid" up.

Some of those things EEF said may not be real, but could be perceived.  Either way it gets the same result for the other side.

Democrats exceeded expectations in the house and senate in the last election.  It only gets worse moving forward for the 2020 elections.  Democrats will stall Congress so Trump will be seen as not getting things done.  There will still be controversy even if Trump gets off clean in the Mueller probe.  If the US enters a recession without a Trump tarriff win, then he's in big trouble.

Trump will have to execute perfectly to win reelection.  Peace with N Korea, winning the trade battle with China and other countries, expanding the economy and manufacturing, getting Russia to back off, etc.
Or the Democrats nominating an idiot like Kamala Harris works too but unlikely.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu