Are UZI pistols legal in the state of hawaii? (Read 4117 times)

Maui Ammo Gun Supply

Are UZI pistols legal in the state of hawaii?
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:19 PM »
Im interested in the new sig mpx-c but cant find one anywhere. so my search continued for a 9mm carbine. Then i stumbled across jp enterprises and they offer a 9mm upper that accepts glock mags, but then im limited with 10rd mags. But they have an adapter that lets you accept 32rd uzi mags. Id be really happy with this set up but im unsure if the uzi mags are legal here. Ive seen uzi rifles like the cobray here on island. but he only had 10rd mags to my knowledge. Any one out there have info if the 32rd mags are legal here.

suka

Re: Are UZI pistols legal in the state of hawaii?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:32:17 PM »
same as AR mags. its up in the grey area.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »
If you have a pistol.

You are not allowed to have a magazine with a capacity over 10 rounds in Hawaii.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

suka

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:34:12 PM »
Uzi pistols are legal if:

The mags is welded permanently.

or

It sheds about 16oz to fall under 50oz.

suka

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
Oh. u  are a FFL dealer?

Dealer with an FFL may own assault pistols under HRS 134-4 (e)
 "............No assault pistol may be sold or transferred on or after July 1, 1992, to anyone within the State other than to a dealer licensed under section 134-32......"

Maui Ammo Gun Supply

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:09 AM »
If you have a pistol.

You are not allowed to have a magazine with a capacity over 10 rounds in Hawaii.

I am aware of the 10rd limit. I just want to know if the 32rd mag is legal here. Id like to purchase the jp enterprise 9mm upper only if i can have a 32rd uzi mag that works with it if it is legal here. If i am stuck with only 10rd mags then im going to just keep waiting till the sig mpx-c comes available.

Maui Ammo Gun Supply

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:30 AM »
Oh. u  are a FFL dealer?

Dealer with an FFL may own assault pistols under HRS 134-4 (e)
 "............No assault pistol may be sold or transferred on or after July 1, 1992, to anyone within the State other than to a dealer licensed under section 134-32......"

I am not a ffl dealer. wish i was lol

suka

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
Don't worry about it
I have a case full of
Round uzi mags
They were cheap a few years back, IDF surplus.

suka

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:23 AM »
20 round painted mags are rare, as these only came with the original Uzi Pistols in the box.
Very few were sold as accessories by Action Arms.
32 IDF surplus mags run about $15 nowdays. Some vendors will not ship to Hawaii.