Election Results 2020 / Opinions on this Election? Merged Thread (Read 53789 times)

macsak

Re: Election Results 2020
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 11:44:51 AM »
1)We all know HI will be blue, but for the AP to report the tally b4 the results even released goes against what they posted on how they report the #s. And the fact that many Trump won states waited until the very end to post he won it.  Like TX and FL as an example.  Compared to Biden, Wa had only 100K votes and already declared a win for him by the AP map.  In TX, he was up about 500K with most votes counted and still no solid red on the map.  So for the entire night, it showed Biden in the lead because he got his numbers first.

2) A mistake by about 15,000 was reported at 150,000 (extra zero). So they had to subtract the 138K.  Coincidence or got caught and covering ass now?  We will never know

3) I looked into this and debunked it. WI website says 3.6 million reg to vote. Right now about 3.29 voted.  Which is a 90% turn out. WOW.  Average turnout is 67%ish.

4) People who believe in a candidate who has no chance of winning might have gave the election to Biden.  Thank you for playing.

they said they use "historical results"
AP calling it early and people sneaking into line are not going to affect a 66/33 margin...

macsak

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 11:46:07 AM »
This is good news for guns too.  Biden will be a lame duck.  No meaningful gun laws.  No packing courts.

i don't think you know what "lame duck" means...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »

Maybe he's referring to Biden only serving a couple of months before he's removed from office (mental decline and/or corruption investigation).  Then President Harris will really show us how it's done!   :shake:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »

He wont re-run this is a 1 term presidency.

they said they use "historical results"
AP calling it early and people sneaking into line are not going to affect a 66/33 margin...

Exactly

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 11:51:51 AM »

Exactly
He won’t re-run?   ???

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 11:52:47 AM »

Exactly

That's not what lame duck means.

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 11:53:34 AM »
(mental decline and/or corruption investigation).

No way FBI is investigating the new boss if he wins.

ren

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 11:54:13 AM »

Exactly

Like no. lol.
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
No way FBI is investigating the new boss if he wins.
Would be funny if there’s a R controlled House and they go after Biden. How the hypocrisy would be.

“Where did I say that? Post the video!”

Here’s the video, dick...

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »
Would be funny if there’s a R controlled House and they go after Biden. How the hypocrisy would be.

“Where did I say that? Post the video!”

Here’s the video, dick...

"I didn't mean to say that, what I meant to say was pfhfaflsakfahflancieajclavnkdlsdhglsdhlsvb".

macsak

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 11:58:32 AM »

drck1000

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 12:08:46 PM »
Believe? Or think?

drck1000

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 12:10:13 PM »
"I didn't mean to say that, what I meant to say was pfhfaflsakfahflancieajclavnkdlsdhglsdhlsvb".
There was a bit on Fox News last night when they discussed (or guessed that) Biden’s picked up on Biden losing track of which state he was in or was talking gibberish. Of course, that was when projections were in Trumps favor.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »

You just demonstrated you don't know what "lame duck" means in the context of a President.

Look up "Lame Duck Session" in Congress.  Same thing applies to President.

Hypothetically, if Biden is declared President Elect, then the time that Trump remains in office, up until inauguration day when Biden is sworn in, Trump is considered a Lame Duck.  He has little power to push his agenda through Congress, and anything he accomplishes via Executive Order can easily be overturned after he leaves office.

Any convening of Congress during the period between election day and swearing in of new Congressional members is called a Lame Duck Session.  It's the time when a former majority can get last minute tasks completed before they officially lose the majority.  That's exactly how the ACA was passed -- 100% Dem/0% GOP votes to pass it in the last week of a Dem majority in the House.

Lame.   :rofl:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 12:31:00 PM »
Poor Joe.
Will surely catch a "fatal" case of Covid-19 if he wins.
Martyr for the cause.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

drck1000

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:59 PM »
You just demonstrated you don't know what "lame duck" means in the context of a President.

Look up "Lame Duck Session" in Congress.  Same thing applies to President.

Hypothetically, if Biden is declared President Elect, then the time that Trump remains in office, up until inauguration day when Biden is sworn in, Trump is considered a Lame Duck.  He has little power to push his agenda through Congress, and anything he accomplishes via Executive Order can easily be overturned after he leaves office.

Any convening of Congress during the period between election day and swearing in of new Congressional members is called a Lame Duck Session.  It's the time when a former majority can get last minute tasks completed before they officially lose the majority.  That's exactly how the ACA was passed -- 100% Dem/0% GOP votes to pass it in the last week of a Dem majority in the House.

Lame.   :rofl:
He should also look up the rationale behind lengths of terms for Reps and Senators. Tides can and typically do change at mid-terms.

macsak

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »

drck1000

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »
Poor Joe.
Will surely catch a "fatal" case of Covid-19 if he wins.
Martyr for the cause.
The Big Man gotta keep a low profile from his Chinese "investors".

drck1000

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

omnigun

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
I see I guess I was wrong.  What I meant is that he will be a figure head and not doing any meaningful changes.  Republicans can stop all the gun control.