How do you feel about the violence at the capitol? (Read 13181 times)

Brystont1

Re: How do you feel about the violence at the capitol?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 10:13:25 AM »
This is a very interesting point.  On one side, what happened clearly showed that this was not an actual insurrection, but rather a non-violent impromptu US Capitol sit-in.  On the other side, it might be viewed, as a missed opportunity...

Cant say that what happened at the capitol was not violent when you have video of protesters dragging a cop down the stairs and beating him.

Kuleana

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
Cant say that what happened at the capitol was not violent when you have video of protesters dragging a cop down the stairs and beating him.
Although acts of violence and fatalities did occur, I still hold that the overall march, on the US Capitol, was not conducted, with the sole intent to hurt anyone.

robtmc

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 11:02:20 AM »
However, I point out, the so-called Republican leadership will not mount a strong defense, of their constituents that participated and/or were sympathetic.  Once one realizes this contradiction, one will realize, who really is pulling the strings, on both sides, of the fence.
Exactly why so many of us that used to register (where that is done) and ID'd as Republican have severed any ties.

The elected become spineless neuters once they join the gravy train.

omnigun

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:13 AM »
Although acts of violence and fatalities did occur, I still hold that the overall march, on the US Capitol, was not conducted, with the sole intent to hurt anyone.

Same can be said for blm protests.  They don't gather exclusively to burn everything down.  Just happens there is a percentage of bad people  and antifa that does that. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:46:03 AM by omnigun »

ren

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 08:05:50 PM »
Some of the worst we saw on the left was definitely worse considering there were fires that wiped out many businesses. However there was definitely malicious property damage by some, and there are even reports of some pipe bombs or some type of explosive device. I think one difference is that this was the capitol, the symbol and headquarters of the country so of course it gets a different level of attention. We have had many riots over the years, when was the last time our capitol was entered in this way?

I think the important thing to remember is that just like BLM protests, many (most?) there were not violent. The BLM protest and the protest on the 6th actually share a number of things in common. Both sides believe they were there for a just cause, they both had passion and thought they were standing up for justice. They were both wrong in their beliefs and their protests got out of hand.

I also think Trump is morally culpable (but probably not legally culpable) for what happened. This is just another in his long string of failures as a leader. That said I think the left is also somewhat to blame. They excused or minimized protests on the left for so long. These guys can't help but think they should be able to get away with this after ANTIFA could seize a police station and a city block.

groveler

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 07:17:14 AM »
Exactly why so many of us that used to register (where that is done) and ID'd as Republican have severed any ties.

The elected become spineless neuters once they join the gravy train.
I emailed my resignation Monday.
Here on Hawaii we are fu cked.
Ruled by Oahu Tyrants and knowing
that the Government is the largest
employer on the island.
We are kind of stuck.
There is lots of ammunition in Argentina.

groveler

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 07:31:57 AM »
Some of the worst we saw on the left was definitely worse considering there were fires that wiped out many businesses. However there was definitely malicious property damage by some, and there are even reports of some pipe bombs or some type of explosive device. I think one difference is that this was the capitol, the symbol and headquarters of the country so of course it gets a different level of attention. We have had many riots over the years, when was the last time our capitol was entered in this way?

I think the important thing to remember is that just like BLM protests, many (most?) there were not violent. The BLM protest and the protest on the 6th actually share a number of things in common. Both sides believe they were there for a just cause, they both had passion and thought they were standing up for justice. They were both wrong in their beliefs and their protests got out of hand.

I also think Trump is morally culpable (but probably not legally culpable) for what happened. This is just another in his long string of failures as a leader. That said I think the left is also somewhat to blame. They excused or minimized protests on the left for so long. These guys can't help but think they should be able to get away with this after ANTIFA could seize a police station and a city block.
"I also think Trump is morally culpable (but probably not legally culpable) for what happened. "
I cannot properly express the depth of my disgust for Democrat politicians and those that support them.
Those politicians and supporters have just declared war upon me and my people.
Please forgive me for, if I see something, I say nothing, from here on out.

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »

I look at it this way, a lot more would have been done for our nation if the DNC didn't fight him kicking and screaming at everything he wants to do.  How much time and effort was wasted on many things that could have been redirected toward the betterment of our nation?  I think the left/DNC is the reason for all of this.  Trump is the only one with the balls to call them out and not give in to their BS.  I bet anyone else would have caved and played ball with the left to avoid all the attacks and BS.  To me that makes him a great leader.  Just my 2 cents.

hvybarrels

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »
I also think Trump is morally culpable (but probably not legally culpable) for what happened. This is just another in his long string of failures as a leader.

He got more votes than any standing president ever, so a lot of people disagree with that statement. The reasons he is not legally culpable is that you cannot charge people for crimes that happen in your own imagination.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 01:40:37 PM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 01:59:01 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 02:53:50 PM »

Cross-posting is bad netiquette, but on par for trolling.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 03:39:57 PM »

Cross-posting is bad netiquette, but on par for trolling.

Guess there are alot of people who are guilty of the same.  It just happens that there are several threads where the presidents address to the country is relevant.  You really want to find anything to complain about...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 03:41:33 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 04:39:40 PM »
He got more votes than any standing president ever, so a lot of people disagree with that statement. The reasons he is not legally culpable is that you cannot charge people for crimes that happen in your own imagination.
Ur forgetting this guy believes in red flag laws and what someone might do in the future.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 04:46:02 PM »

The Dems in the House have proven that premise incorrect twice now.

No crime for the "Abuse of Power" impeachment.

No crime "Inciting insurrection," because there was no insurrection, and no inciting to violence.

If contesting the legitimacy of a general election is insurrection, then the Dems are on record for insurrection in 2016 and 2017, not to mention the constant investigations looking for collusion they KNEW was imaginary (Hillary devised the entire hoax).
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 04:56:19 PM »
I think the first impeachment was BS.  But this one actually has merit as what he said clearly was "fighting" words. 

robtmc

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 04:59:16 PM »

aieahound

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 06:14:07 PM »
“ insurrection noun

in·​sur·​rec·​tion | \ ˌin(t)-sə-ˈrek-shən  \
Definition of insurrection
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government”
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection

“ insurrection
[ in-suh-rek-shuhn ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: insurrection / insurrectionist on Thesaurus.com
noun
an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.”
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/insurrection

Was the Boston Tea Party part of an insurrection ?