« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »
True Dat!!!  :shaka:

Yep were all on the same side 2aHawaii! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kraaakas

Re: Range Questions?
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
Has anyone been out to the range yet?

Anyone have any questions about the range?

Any suggestions, gripes, or compliments?

For the most part, until the Grand Opening (since the range is currently only in its "soft opening" stage) there will be no monthly or yearly subscriptions/memberships yet. If you'd like to get a head start on the membership applications, please feel free to come down to the range when it's open (Friday through Sunday 1000 - 1800) or drop by the store to fill out the paperwork.

If you decide to shoot, keep in mind that you can either bring your own gun or borrow one of the ranges. You will need to buy ammunition and targets from the range and will only be allowed to used said ammo and targets the day you purchase them.

Currently, if you buy ammo from the range you will be asked to leave all brass at the range, i.e. you cannot take your brass home for reloading . "Clean-up" consists of just pushing your brass forward of the shooting benches.

Do not bend over to pick anything up without the Range Safety officer's permission.

Most importantly, this is a soft opening. There will be some hiccups here and there, but please bear with us as we try to smooth out some bumps.

-Nick
I've been twice. Once by myself and once with my son (we shared a lane). Everyone there is super nice. Hats off to your RSO's they do a great job. It is also the nicest indoor range I have ever been to!
Now for my wish list:
I don't reload (yet). the ammo prices are high but I get it. If there was some way to get them down that would help. One thought would be a discount if you purchase more than say 2 boxes. Another thought would be to provide a bulk purchase discount and xringsecurity holds on to the ammo for me or installs lockers.
Might consider frequent user discounts or a punch card system.
You need to have more guns to rent.
Maybe some bar stools outside?
Also, early evening hours would be nice.
Yep these last few are manini things - the main one is cost. I spent $110 the first time (not to mention the $40 I spent in the store after ) and $150 the second time. That was quite a bit over my budget! But I had a great time!

Thanks for being out here on the west side. It is a great experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »
If a person paid for the ammo why cant they pick up their brass? They paid for it.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
If a person paid for the ammo why cant they pick up their brass? They paid for it.

Standard practice at most mainland ranges.  It's why they require brass cased cartridges and no reloads.  They sell and/or reload the factory brass to offset their range costs.

But then, I've never paid $20/hour at a range before.  Last place I shot indoors had reasonable monthly and yearly memberships that included unlimited range use.  The non-membership price was $5/hour, bring your own ammo (no reloads or steel core), and leave your brass.

I was there for over 2 hours, and he charged me $3 plus the price of 2 targets @ $1.50.  Told me, since no one was waiting, I could have shot all I wanted, and no additional cost for the lane.   I'm thinking he figured at some point I would have had to buy some more ammo!  :)

The range I visited before that was offering Mem Day specials.  Free range time for anyone all weekend.  20% off ammo and targets.  50% off firearm rentals.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

nhtango

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »

So I got some clarification on this. If you bring a brass catcher and/or one of those long handled grabbers, you may keep your brass. As long as you are not bending over and picking it up off the floor, you may keep your brass.

-Nick
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
USMC Combat Marksmanship Trainer
USMC Combat Marksmanship Coach

zippz

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »

Like previously said, business decision.  Indoor ranges like that cost a lot of money to build and run.  They could never stay in business with just range fees alone.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

pudgster

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
Like previously said, business decision.  Indoor ranges like that cost a lot of money to build and run.  They could never stay in business with just range fees alone.
well worth it!  i checked out the range today and will definitely go back!  good rso's, clean facility, rapid fire, full mags, human silhouette targets, and short distances to practice rapid fire and target transitions!

Heavies

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 09:49:18 AM »
July 30 is Grand opening.   Any details on Membership program, reloads, brass questions, 2ahawaii members that petitioned for the range, etc?

dafrtknocker

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »
Is the Tavor a Rental?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">20% OFF Ammo &amp; Optic Sights w/ a purchase of any rifles. Get ready for the Grand Opening of the range this Saturday! <a href="https://t.co/xfyTEGIO78">pic.twitter.com/xfyTEGIO78</a></p>&mdash; X-RING SECURITY (@XRINGSECURITY) <a href="https://twitter.com/XRINGSECURITY/status/758762817604378626">July 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>