*UPDATED 02/08/19* NOW TWO ASSAULT WEAPONS BANS REMAIN (Read 31561 times)

hvybarrels

Re: *UPDATED* - THREE! ASSAULT WEAPONS BANS
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2019, 04:39:22 PM »
This is part of a coordinated nationwide attack on 2nd amendment freedoms. Even republican governor of Vermont is getting in on the action. Search gun control for recent stories and it’s a total blood bath right now. I’m guessing politicians got a memo telling them something big is coming and they need to have confiscation procedures in order.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

rpoL98

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »
If this passes I feel that people will cave and surrender their firearms.  we are not united. ...

we weren't united last year, either.  the suggestion to ban binary triggers came from WITHIN the 2A community as a "sacrificial offering".  we didn't give an inch, no, we gave them a mile, and now they wanna drive the MACK truck right up our asses.

BOHICA.

changemyoil66

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2019, 10:37:04 PM »
so what would a legal AR be (just looking at SB1334, not the others)?

fixed stock.
bull barrel (unthreaded).
no hand guards, since they guard the hands from being burned.
no rail (obviously a shroud).
no pistol grip.
10-rd mag.

I guess the A2 front sight is okay if you cut off the bayonet lug, but since no handguards, don't need the handguard cap.
might've missed something.

anyways, somebody ought to build one of these and post a pic, so we know what our potential future (nightmare) looks like.
looks like we got off easy, in CA they can't even swap mags, or some kind of monstrosity like that.

we gave them an inch last year, and this year they're taking the mile.
Look up CA compliant rifles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2019, 05:07:19 AM »
Look up CA compliant rifles.
Except the proposed Hawaii ban bans more features (threaded barrels, etc.), including the notorious "barrel shroud", which author of congressional "assault weapon" ban legislation Carolyn McCarthy famously called "the thing that goes up?". I suspect Thielen is approximately equally well-educated, though that will likely change, or may have already, given that she's received some "feedback" from the public and may think it necessary to become familiar with the basic terminology, though not likely the facts of criminal act rates with such weapons. Or maybe she will admit in public that she really wants to ban all guns from civilian possession, long guns and handguns, no matter the facts about their use in criminal acts (the "I just hate guns" rationale), but this is the most she can hope for this year.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:26:29 AM by punaperson »

Platinum808

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2019, 07:23:32 AM »

Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

edster48

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
I Will Not Comply.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

hvybarrels

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2019, 12:31:16 AM »
I think a lot of people are not complying already and haven't been for years.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

punaperson

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2019, 06:08:42 AM »
No one we know personally and certainly not anyone participating on these forums.

tillamook

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2019, 08:36:41 AM »
I informed my co-worker that all her family is about to be turned into felons.  At least give them time to strip parts off of receivers so they are not destroyed as well.  They had no idea it was coming.

They were planning a volunteer trip to clean the new hilo range since apparently it is getting pretty trashed.  I'm thinking about the role their family plays in the community and it is amazing the politicians are not only ready to throw them in jail but remove their important roles from a rural community. 

It is also probably time to cease online posting.  It will probably soon be a crime to talk about firearms as well. 

edster48

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »

Bullsh*t.

97% of people babbling on this forum don't have the balls to stand up to their little sister.

Actually, I think that percentage is probably even higher, since 99%+ can't manage to drag themselves to the state legislature to speak out for their 2A rights.

Kudos to those that are attempting organize some kind of political resistance, but we're too far behind the curve to make a difference at this point.

The last couple of years proved that.

They aren't listening, and they don't care. We don't have the 10 or 20 years to wait anymore.

I'll be at the hearings to speak out against these bills.

After that, I'm done talking.

Let those cowards come for me.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

punaperson

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
Bullsh*t.

97% of people babbling on this forum don't have the balls to stand up to their little sister.

Actually, I think that percentage is probably even higher, since 99%+ can't manage to drag themselves to the state legislature to speak out for their 2A rights.

Kudos to those that are attempting organize some kind of political resistance, but we're too far behind the curve to make a difference at this point.

The last couple of years proved that.

They aren't listening, and they don't care.
We don't have the 10 or 20 years to wait anymore.

I'll be at the hearings to speak out against these bills.

After that, I'm done talking.

Let those cowards come for me.
I can't remember with exact detail, or even the bill in question, but I do remember that last session "our" side submitted something like 7-10 TIMES the amount of testimony (actual number over 400 submissions) as the other side, and then the committee promptly passed the bill (opposed by us) UNANIMOUSLY!! It then (I believe) went on to pass the legislature unanimously as well. What makes you think they aren't listening to us?  :rofl:

I believe, and I definitely qualify that it's only my belief, and I certainly couldn't even attempt to prove it, that even if we submitted 40 TIMES as much testimony, say 5,000 submissions, and it was a bill they thought wouldl further their aganda AND that they could pass without jeopardizing their ability to get re-elected, they would do so. Now, how is their re-election ever going to be jeopardized if so few people in Hawaii are gun owners, much less gun owners that vote, much less gun owners that vote AND get involved in "politics"? I don't see a way out... EXCEPT via the courts... and then we're  likely talking decades, even if we get highly favorable decisions, for the real world effects to trickle down to us peons (while the legislative, executive and judicial branches in Hawaii delay and obstruct in every manner possible. E.g. Hawaii still bans "stun guns", which was declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS in March 2016 via a UNANIMOUS per curiam ruling).

zippz

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2019, 09:45:28 AM »
Stop the complaining and start being productive.  What are things you can do to help.  How did your conversations with representatives go.  How many people have you passed this story on to.....
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »
All of us who own firearms have gone through the lengthy process and several trips to the HPD station.
To testify in-person or online is a small task compared to legally obtaining a pistol or rifle.
Fight for it people! Don't give up! Spread the word tell at least one person. Show them how to testify. Get involved.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »
I posted on this forum and all Hawaii FB gun groups

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=33179.0

zippz

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2019, 10:35:35 AM »
I need someone to help me with this.  Create a "citation" for the assault rifle ban, something like whats below.  Make it resemble a police ticket.  I'll cite people at the range next weekend.

Half sheet of paper, lengthwise.  Do it in Word or other format that I can change, and leave about an inch of space for me to add the HIFICO information.

Msg me if you want to help.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:55:38 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2019, 10:51:59 AM »
Also need help with a poster for the range and gun stores.  Msg me if you want to help.

Got it from this idea

It's like a game to determine which rifle would be banned under this bill, with 1 feature.  List the list of features in the AWB bill.  Have different rifle pics on it.  Put a nerf gun as one of them (currently only banned in schools).  Background educational info on the bottom of what the bill is about and what you can do about it.  HIFICO info at the bottom and answer key.

I'lll print it on 17x22 inch paper.  I need to edit it so format ie word, powerpoint, Illustrator, coreldraw, or other common file type.  Doesn't have to be fancy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »
I think your "citation" is a great out of the box idea Zipps.

Currently very busy with work, but I am spreading the word via social media private messages.  I don't post shooting stuff on my FB or IG for security reasons.

I am planning on volunteering at the HDF booth at the gun show.  The wife and I always do.  If they don't need help, I can help you guys out if HIFICO has a booth.

Or would March be to late?

changemyoil66

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »
Has anyone contacted the Chief or SHOPO or like orgs?  I know Ballard wrote a letter supporting bump stock.  If she were to write a letter saying banning semi-auto rifles, that would go a long way.  Bet there are lots of retired HPD that would not fall into the "exceptions" area.

zippz

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »
Has anyone contacted the Chief or SHOPO or like orgs?  I know Ballard wrote a letter supporting bump stock.  If she were to write a letter saying banning semi-auto rifles, that would go a long way.  Bet there are lots of retired HPD that would not fall into the "exceptions" area.

Shopo is on my todo list.  I really need LE and reitred LE to speak out.  I was going to meet the firearms sec Maj at the first committee hearing.  HPD will support a ban.

tillamook

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
Already heard the first story of people out burying their rifles. 

as they say, if it is time to bury your guns it is time to use them.  But at least burying them is better than confiscation.