Announcement 9mm & 5.56 in stock (Read 17391 times)

XringWayne

Announcement 9mm & 5.56 in stock
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
Aloha just a quick heads up we have 9mm and 5.56/.223 in stock ready for the range use LIMITED quantities of both. If your looking for a new 9mm pistol we have a great selection in stock for you along with other firearms. We also have the usual calibers .38 .375 .44 as well as rifle calibers .308 and 5.7 we are currently out of 45acp. Come on down this weekend and have some fun.If you have any questions on if we have a caliber I may have missed or would just like to double check before heading down feel free to give us a call at 808-676-7464 we look forward to having you at the range.

Aloha Wayne
 :shaka:

macsak

Re: Announcement 9mm & 5.56 in stock
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »
Aloha just a quick heads up we have 9mm and 5.56/.223 in stock ready for the range use LIMITED quantities of both. If your looking for a new 9mm pistol we have a great selection in stock for you along with other firearms. We also have the usual calibers .38 .375 .44 as well as rifle calibers .308 and 5.7 we are currently out of 45acp. Come on down this weekend and have some fun.If you have any questions on if we have a caliber I may have missed or would just like to double check before heading down feel free to give us a call at 808-676-7464 we look forward to having you at the range.

Aloha Wayne
 :shaka:

so you gonna ignore posts directed to you on facebook and this forum?

WTF?Shane

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:38:00 PM »

::)

ren

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »
Need membership to buy ammo?
Deeds Not Words

6716J

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 03:29:24 PM »
Need membership to buy ammo?

Yup. It's why I no shop there. I'm not paying for a membership to buy overpriced stuff, when most every other shop on the island has the same thing, or I just order it through the shops
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

6716J

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 03:30:15 PM »

Wayne was called out on FaceSpace today about not responding to posts

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 07:19:20 PM »
Yup. It's why I no shop there. I'm not paying for a membership to buy overpriced stuff, when most every other shop on the island has the same thing, or I just order it through the shops

I won't join any club that would have somebody like me as a member! 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »
Wayne was called out on FaceSpace today about not responding to posts

where?

XL iced_coffee

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »
Purchased several guns from them, tavor , ps90 , and a ar15, went back couple months later to buy $50 worth of accessories and told me I had to pay membership to buy those items , told them good luck with ur business and never went back, it’s been about 4 years now and still not planning on going back ..... ever .

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 09:47:34 PM »
Purchased several guns from them, tavor , ps90 , and a ar15, went back couple months later to buy $50 worth of accessories and told me I had to pay membership to buy those items , told them good luck with ur business and never went back, it’s been about 4 years now and still not planning on going back ..... ever .

I've been to golf courses, shooting ranges, and any number of other types of places that charge for memberships, but I never once was asked to buy a membership before spending my money in their stores, pro shops, gift shops, or whatever shops.  Retail stores are usually open the to public.  Requiring a membership is just so ... Sam's Club.

-- Melvin Udall

6716J

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 10:03:52 PM »
where?
I think it was Oahu Firearms Owners or something like that. One of the gun groups here in Hawaii

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »
I think it was Oahu Firearms Owners or something like that. One of the gun groups here in Hawaii

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

that was me a while ago...

6716J

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 09:05:17 AM »
that was me a while ago...

It was me yesterday

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 12:51:19 PM »
I've been to golf courses, shooting ranges, and any number of other types of places that charge for memberships, but I never once was asked to buy a membership before spending my money in their stores, pro shops, gift shops, or whatever shops.  Retail stores are usually open the to public.  Requiring a membership is just so ... Sam's Club.

And Sams/Costco sells for way under normal retail, so spending on a membership is worth it.  But buying a membership and paying above normal prices is a no go for me.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:35 PM »
And Sams/Costco sells for way under normal retail, so spending on a membership is worth it.  But buying a membership and paying above normal prices is a no go for me.

I think "worth it" is the bottom line.  What benefit do you get from the basic membership fee besides the privilege of spending more money with them?   

Sam's and Costco both offer not only bulk prices that are cheaper most times than other options, but they also carry many items that are produced exclusively for those retailers.  Take a Bissell vacuum, for example.  You can find model 4433 and 5533 (made up numbers) at Walmart and Target, but at Costco, they have model 5510.  That model is exclusive to Costco, and may have SOME features on the 5533 but not all, plus attachments you'd have to buy separately for both other models.  That keeps Costco from doing price matching with other stores that don't carry the same model, plus you get an in-between model with top end features PLUS attachments that can save $50-$100 plus, all for a price that's less than the top model.

Also, you get cash-back rebates the more you shop at the warehouses.

Anyway, the point is, there is a financial benefit to being a Sam's or Costco member.  With X-Ring, I just don't see any added value for the customer to pay for a membership.

Having said that, I do know there are laws that allow certain businesses to operate as a member's only club.  Not sure what the advantages are, but I remember needing to join Pets Discount Warehouse to shop there.  I just checked Dog Trainer on the application, and got my membership card.  No membership fee!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 02:08:03 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

BaboonsFeet

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 11:45:42 AM »

Been there once and saw how expensive everything was and how rude one of the guys that works there was. I never went back and direct everyone I know not to shop there.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »
Doesn’t look like my kind of place.  Too bad.  I live close by.

Lots of 2a folks do but they won’t patronize the place either.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

drck1000

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 02:00:41 PM »
I've never been.  My initial decision not to support them was based on one individual.  Not sure if they are around or associated with the shop anymore, but from the level of interaction from their "new customer service and social media person" and first hand experiences shared by others here, I don't envision that changing.  They are either outright ignoring questions from 2a board members that were front and center when they were getting started.  Or they are just to disconnected that they don't care.  Either way, that's not a business that I would support. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
I've never been.  My initial decision not to support them was based on one individual.  Not sure if they are around or associated with the shop anymore, but from the level of interaction from their "new customer service and social media person" and first hand experiences shared by others here, I don't envision that changing.  They are either outright ignoring questions from 2a board members that were front and center when they were getting started.  Or they are just to disconnected that they don't care.  Either way, that's not a business that I would support.

When I go back to around 2013 posts here, X-Ring is in most people's lists of best LGS to spend your money with.

Since they opened the range, it's like nobody that's willing to try them out likes them now.

I had a low opinion when I visited around 2012/2013 my first time.  Maybe it was the Haole factor, but there was no effort to greet me or find out what I was looking for.  Felt like I walked into a hardware store and everyone was on lunch break.  Had no idea what they had, what it cost or what was on sale -- if anything.

Then the range thing happened, and then the membership and subscription costs on top of high ammo prices -- if they had what you needed in stock!

Most businesses try to find out what the public's perception of the business is so they can work on their image, reviews and appeal.  It's taken YEARS for them to care enough to start interacting with the forum membership again.  Seems like the social media and customer service hire was an attempt to work on that, but now that guy is AWOL, too.

I'll say it again -- I wonder how they manage to stay in business.
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:45 PM »