Advice on 80% jigs needed...pls? (Read 1824 times)

pj3467

Advice on 80% jigs needed...pls?
« on: October 04, 2018, 10:28:59 PM »
I’ve decided to make the plunge and drop the hammer on one of the fancy new universal jigs. I’ve heard a lot of good things about 5D Tactical’s Router Jig Pro with their ‘special’, proprietary endmill. Sounds nice but it’s little more expensive. Plus, they haven’t got an endmill for my little router; I would have to drop an extra $100 or so for another one...
The 80% Arms EasyJig gen 2 seems like a better deal. The gen2 has upped its game and as far as I can tell, has caught up with the 5D Tactical offering; I just don’t see spending the extra $$ when I don’t think I need to.
Anybody care to comment on any experience they’ve had?? Suggestions? I want one jig for several platforms, brands, caliber, etc.
“Those that would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Security deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3

oldfart

Re: Advice on 80% jigs needed...pls?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:48:24 AM »
This tech support subsection is for computer-related issues regarding this website.
What, Me Worry?

rklapp

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
It's almost relevant if you use a 3D printer.

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

pj3467

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 03:16:21 PM »
Oh - thanks!
Didn’t realize I posted on the wrong board; will try general discussion..
“Those that would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Security deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3