Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only (Read 70872 times)

hvybarrels

Re: Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2020, 02:36:33 PM »
HPD congratulating themselves for slowing down the number of registrations with their new appointment and "police report" policies. What kind of public service award does one get for intentionally interfering with constitutional rights?

https://www.kitv.com/story/41975623/hawaii-loading-up-on-guns-ammo-amid-coronavirus-panic

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:44:27 PM by hvybarrels »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

6716J

« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
HPD congratulating themselves for slowing down the number of registrations with their new appointment and "police report" policies. What kind of public service award does one get for intentionally interfering with constitutional rights?

https://www.kitv.com/story/41975623/hawaii-loading-up-on-guns-ammo-amid-coronavirus-panic

Oppressive Government Service of the Month Award
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2020, 03:14:19 PM »
Due to Election year voter fraud.  :grrr:

Disenfranchised illegals fighting for THEIR COVID-19 stimulus checks paid for by OUR taxes -- current and future.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »

I'll help up the reg #'s next time I go.  i'll bring a few.  waste my time if I only get 1 at a time.   :shaka:

Phazuka

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »
It only took me one phone call to schedule the appointment but it's next week Friday.  No worries.   :shaka:

nahp01

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
Tried scheduling another appointment when I picked up my permit today, and said have to call regardless lol. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try lol

LRT

« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »
Had an appointment to renew my permit this morning. In and out in less than 10 minutes 👍🏽

hoe_nah

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
Around what time are you guys calling to schedule.  I call all hours and still can't get them to answer

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »
Oh I hope not like DMV here. I'm trying to get driving test for my son and it's 6 months out. I have to get the Gold Star ID and the earliest is 3 months out. Yeah no thanks. I'll take my chances knowing I can waste a day but have it done.

But I can see it now getting all 3 lined up at once....

Your appointment to apply for permit is May 1, 2020, your follow up to pick up your permit (unless you have it mailed) is June 16, 2020 (sorry - outside pickup window, please start over), your bring back to provide firearm for registration is August 12, 2020 if you were smart enough to have it mailed (again sorry - not within 5 days, we gonna confiscate now). That's just for long guns. I can't wait to see a fiasco for handguns.

I have had to use the DMV twice since they have the new system. First time was nice and fast, maybe 30 mins in and out. Second time they were running slower, maybe 45 mins but still faster than before the new system.

I can understand any system rushed into place like this is going to have problems. The real test is what they decide to do with it after this is all over, keep it, do away with it, or fix the problems in making an appointment. Personally, I think they should make registration allowed at all police stations at any time of day.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
I have had to use the DMV twice since they have the new system. First time was nice and fast, maybe 30 mins in and out. Second time they were running slower, maybe 45 mins but still faster than before the new system.

I can understand any system rushed into place like this is going to have problems. The real test is what they decide to do with it after this is all over, keep it, do away with it, or fix the problems in making an appointment. Personally, I think they should make registration allowed at all police stations at any time of day.

That won't help the permit process.
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
That won't help the permit process.

Registering at any police station? Nope, it would just help with the registration process.

Heavies

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2020, 08:59:01 PM »

Most of the entire permitting process should be done online.  (even though getting a permit to exercise your rights is unconstitutional) Registration should be completely abolished.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2020, 09:04:55 PM »

Most of the entire permitting process should be done online.  (even though getting a permit to exercise your rights is unconstitutional) Registration should be completely abolished.

But, you can't enforce universal background checks (UBC) ... which is exactly what HI has ... without a registration requirement.

Hence the reason a national UBC system can't exist -- legally.
-- Melvin Udall

mikenkapolei

« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2020, 08:38:09 AM »
Starting Monday, April 13th, you can make an appointment online for firearm permits.  Check the HPD website.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »
Starting Monday, April 13th, you can make an appointment online for firearm permits.  Check the HPD website.

Wow, if that really happens that is much faster than I could have expected

Heavies

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:05 PM »
Wow, if that really happens that is much faster than I could have expected

Thanks for putting in the good word and getting this done!  :thumbsup: :shaka:

Can you work on abolishing registration? :love:

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »
Thanks for putting in the good word and getting this done!  :thumbsup: :shaka:

Can you work on abolishing registration? :love:

I am actually Chief Ballard so don't worry, I will make it happen  :thumbsup:

Heavies

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2020, 08:44:34 AM »

Yay!!   can you get to signing CCW permits too!   Mine is on file.  send it over please.  MAHALO  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:

dogman

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
There are laws against impersonating a police officer, of course no one on this forum does anything illegal.  ;D

changemyoil66

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:07 PM »
There are laws against impersonating a police officer, of course no one on this forum does anything illegal.  ;D
U mean another police officer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk