Shooting at CA bar (Read 17360 times)

zippz

Shooting at CA bar
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:13:18 AM »
Another tragic news story.  Former marine kills 12 in a california bar with a handgun despite armed guards inside.

This is a difficult scenario to prevent.  Can't CCW in a bar.  Even for armed guards it would be difficult to find and target the assailant in the crowd and shooter would have the element of surprise.

Update.  News reports no one at the bar was armed when the shooting started.  The police responded to the bar and were shot at.

12 dead in California bar shooting

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/california-shooting-intl/h_efe4639b71fa462b5a037f920e24ef2a
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:47:09 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

Re: Shooting at CA bar
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:28:56 AM »
 :(

Saw the news update on my phone early this morning.  MSM coverage again suspect at best with conflicting accounts already.  Interesting that CNN was quick to report use of a .45 cal Glock handgun, purchased legally, with specific mention of magazine normally limited to 10 rounds, but shooter used "extended magazine" and just about an hour after the incident.  Then another report mentioned gunman dead and found that way and reported gunman had killed himself prior to LE arriving, then next report of an officer shot and killed after "responding in minutes".  The rush to be first to report, even if reporting inaccurate info is  >:(  I'll leave the tinfoil group to speculate beyond that. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:34:35 AM by drck1000 »

punaperson

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 07:52:11 AM »
How could this happen? Especially in California? The state with arguably the strictest, most comprehensive firearms acquisition and possession laws in the United States.

California has universal background checks, gun registration requirements, gun confiscation laws, a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, limit of one handgun purchase per month, an “assault weapons” ban, a ban on magazines of over 10 rounds, a limited "roster" of "approved" firearms, a minimum firearm purchase age of 21, a ban on campus carry, a “good cause” restriction for concealed carry, legally-mandated "gun free zones", and controls on the purchase of ammunition, among other things.

Comments at one article:

A: The problem is too easy access to guns.
B: Easy? California has the most restrictive laws in the country.
A: Not a total ban.

Any questions?

6716J

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »
Obviously don't know all of the details here...so it's all supposition at this point.

So we have a prior service with mental health issues that more than likely developed "over there". For the life of me I can't figure out why they keep screaming for more gun control when they should be screaming for better mental health support services. Don't they want to help people? Screw the folks who actually give something for their country, but they want to bring in 1000's of migrants without any sort of checks. I mean "it's for the children" and all that. Ugh  :(

Sadly I get it though. It's not about gun control, it's people control

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

bass monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:48:56 AM »
 Is this a new strategy from the left?
Going after "highly concealed, high capacity clips with outrageous rate of fire that anyone can buy off the shelf". Pistol bans coming?
Attack on our veterans and their "mental health" affairs?   Since Obama and the VA got their cover blown on what they were doing
Background check loopholes?

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
I saw a few screen shots of his FB before it was scrubbed.  He changed his name to a Muslim name also and is dressed in a Haji outfit.

Wonder why the media uses his first, middle, and last name?  To make him sound more American?  Why are majority of the  pics on the main web of him in his Marine uniform?  Only 2-3 in civilian clothes.  I'm sure his FB had way more pics than that.

I'm sure the truth will come out shortly.

Other reports are saying that there were a good bunch of Vegas shooting survivors in the audience as well.  (unconfirmed)

AusTac

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »
Saw this on the news, here In Australia all the ' experts ' who've never seen a firearm in real life have all these grand plans and shake their heads blah blah happens everytime. Tragic, i'll assume a bar is a ' gun free zone? ' from what i know Cali is pretty anti and has some of the strictest gun laws? Hopefully the facts come out.

Platinum808

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »
They like people with mental health most of the population thinks ass back ward you cant deny it when you go out in public you see some forum of mental health, its more easy to control them and tell them whats needed to do
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 09:32:28 AM »
Saw this on the news, here In Australia all the ' experts ' who've never seen a firearm in real life have all these grand plans and shake their heads blah blah happens everytime. Tragic, i'll assume a bar is a ' gun free zone? ' from what i know Cali is pretty anti and has some of the strictest gun laws? Hopefully the facts come out.

Cali has a 10 round magazine law thats been around for a while now. 
The shooter had an extended mag (illegal in CA)
Bar is a gun free zone
CA does have strict gun laws compared to other states like Texas, Tennessee, etc... (why no one in the bar was carrying)
FBI stats show that most active shootings (94%) happen in "gun free zones". 
America has a mental health problem, disguised as a gun problem

*edit
CA also has  a law where the police can confiscate your guns if they feel you're a danger to yourself or others. (Police called to his home in April 2018)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:28:17 AM by changemyoil66 »

macsak

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »
I saw a few screen shots of his FB before it was scrubbed.  He changed his name to a Muslim name also and is dressed in a Haji outfit.

Wonder why the media uses his first, middle, and last name?  To make him sound more American?  Why are majority of the  pics on the main web of him in his Marine uniform?  Only 2-3 in civilian clothes.  I'm sure his FB had way more pics than that.

Other reports are saying that there were a good bunch of Vegas shooting survivors in the audience as well.  (unconfirmed)

the media uses first, middle, last, to eliminate confusion with people with the same first/last
think about john wilkes boothe
it has been done for a long time
not everything is a conspiracy...

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
the media uses first, middle, last, to eliminate confusion with people with the same first/last
think about john wilkes boothe
it has been done for a long time
not everything is a conspiracy...

Whoa, don't mention the "C" word yet...I'm leaning more toward domestic terrorism.

But not all use the full name when IDing the shooter like how they're doing today.

Fort Hood
Columbine
Vegas
Pulse Night Club
Oregon Theater Shooting
Sandy Hook
Stoneman Douglas School

The Virginnia Tech shooter had a hyphen, but he was Korean so not sure if it was all his 1st name or his middle also.

AusTac

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Cali has a 10 round magazine law thats been around for a while now. 
The shooter had an extended mag (illegal in CA)
Bar is a gun free zone
CA does have strict gun laws compared to other states like Texas, Tennessee, etc... (why no one in the bar was carrying)
FBI stats show that most active shootings (94%) happen in "gun free zones". 
America has a mental health problem, disguised as a gun problem

*edit
CA also has  a law where the police can confiscate your guns if they feel you're a danger to yourself or others. (Police called to his home in April 2018)

I don't think just you guys have a ' metal heath issue ' mate im inclined to think its the whole bloody world, i mean the UK has heaps of stabbings, even here with our ' world class gun laws '  :grrr: people are getting shot and stabbed everyday, i mean i don't have the solution but i'm just one guy

London808

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »

The tin foil stuff is how the gun community loses all crediability in these situations. True or not I till it’s proven we shouldn’t be doing this stuff
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »
I've often wondered about the mental health issue subject.  Not to discount folks with PTSD and other conditions that really could use the help.  I just wonder if it's due to generations growing up with too much freedoms as well as a healthcare industry that would rather prescribe drugs than treat and/or address the root issue.  Thinking back to when I was in elementary school, I would say that there was maybe 1 in 30 kids that were on Ritalin or other drugs.  My mom taught 5th & 6th grades, and I recall discussing with her a long time ago that it was rare.  Now, seems like behavioral drugs, ADHD, etc are super common.  Yeah, maybe advances in knowledge about those conditions, but I have to think that many could just be kids being kids and parents not knowing how to address, or not being able to properly discipline them.

Yeah, this is coming from someone who doesn't have kids.  However, I've discussed this many times with my close friends with kids and they mostly agree. 

Was having dinner with one of my best friends and his wife and two kids (2 and 4).  We were discussing the "tough" life their 4 yo daughter was experiencing when a YouTube video took a little longer to load.  Oh the life.  They didn't experience the stuff like listening for the dialing of the modem, listening for the modem response, confirming connection, etc.  I mean times change and usually for the better.  In this case, I wonder if we really have gone backwards in many ways. 

punaperson

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:16 AM »
The tin foil stuff is how the gun community loses all crediability in these situations. True or not I till it’s proven we shouldn’t be doing this stuff
Yeah, we shouldn't be electing almost 100% Democrats to the legislature either, but...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 11:19:04 AM »
Commiefornia has the strictest gun laws they can pass, and yet they also have had more mass shootings than any other state.

When will the obvious be accepted?:  laws don't stop criminal behavior.

A Look at California Gun Laws, Among the Toughest in the Nation

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/us/california-gun-laws.html
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
My mom taught 5th & 6th grades, and I recall discussing with her a long time ago that it was rare.  Now, seems like behavioral drugs, ADHD, etc are super common.  Yeah, maybe advances in knowledge about those conditions,

I'm on the fence about what is causing these types of behavioral problems.  Is it vaccinations, artificial ingredients, etc...?  How come many countries in the UK ban artificial coloring.

There are a good bunch of parents out there that swear right after their child got their vaccines, their personality changed.  Then autism was diagnosed.   

We all must remember how smoking and lung cancer wasn't related until the late 80's.

But  :stopjack:

robtmc

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »
My mom taught 5th & 6th grades, and I recall discussing with her a long time ago that it was rare.  Now, seems like behavioral drugs, ADHD, etc are super common.
And we now have trained experts in modern human manipulation techniques.  With a political wing that is dedicated to "by any means necessary".

Tin foil, maybe, but the KGB and CIA were perfecting this stuff in the early 60's.

Drakiir84

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
Tinfoil hat brigade is at it again....
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
Tinfoil hat brigade is at it again....

Nah I don't see this as being a false flag, but more of a control of information the public is told.