Another humdinger - What if Biden wins? (Read 6849 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Another humdinger - What if Biden wins?q
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:58 PM »
A few posts ago Obama!  :rofl: :thumbsup: :geekdanc:

Or was that a compliment?
Constructive comment ?

Focus.

You think I was calling you "Obama"?  LOL! 

Delusional.

I was thanking Obama for souring the Dem voters enough to elect Republicans.

Focus?  Right.  Just like your  :stopjack: , huh?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Another humdinger - What if Biden wins?
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
Maybe trolls should stop their trolling so I can stop pointing out how foolish they make themselves look.

It would be a start, anyway.
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »
No, I understood.  I'm simply pointing out that the BI is not self sufficient, and that the loons protesting any substantive projects that could change this will make your wishes moot.

Imagine trying to install underground electrical delivery lines to avoid hurricanes and as well as preserving the natural beauty of the islands.  Cue protectors of the land!

Imagine trying to build offices and schools on the taxes generated solely from legit businesses there.

What's the BI's primary export?  Lava rocks for grilling?  Whacky tobacky?  Competitive hula?

No, I don't see that island becoming self sustaining.  You can say only Oahu/Honolulu dingbats are protesting TMT, but thats not the case.  It wasn't until July 2019 that 300 TMT protestors assembled outside the state capital.  I would think if Oahu was leading that charge, there would have been more than the 31 protestors that blocked the roads to Mauna Kea in April 2015.  If the Honolulu Dems have done anything to cause the protests, it was (1) not getting a proper permit to begin construction, as was ruled by the courts after protests started, and (2) refusing to enforce the laws to allow construction even after the valid permit was issued in Oct 2018.   :shaka:
Still you misunderstand.
The people I live with and care about,
are doing just fine.
We don't need the rest.
Listen to the song "a country boy can survive'.
We don't catch much catfish,
but Ahi and Ono are right out there.
BI guys are different.
It took me twenty or so years to catch on,
but I've learned.

robtmc

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 04:02:40 PM »
I don't think voter fraud for president is much of an issue. 
It is the borderline states like VA where notoriously late piles of votes are found that magically are just enough to overcome the lead that had held all day.

aieahound

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2020, 04:11:01 PM »
You think I was calling you "Obama"?  LOL! 
Delusional.
I was thanking Obama for souring the Dem voters enough to elect Republicans.
Focus?  Right.  Just like your  :stopjack: , huh?

Exactly as predicted.  :geekdanc:
(See my prior post)

From ranting about we have NO Republicans in the Legislature to thanking Obama for the amount we have.  :wtf:

It is the borderline states like VA where notoriously late piles of votes are found that magically are just enough to overcome the lead that had held all day.

Continue your discussion.
Rob can’t see my comments anyway.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:16:11 PM by aieahound »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 04:27:38 PM »
I don't think voter fraud for president is much of an issue. 
[snip]

CBS did a "test/survey" by mailing in ballots for a mock election.

Results:  3% of the ballots were lost, stolen, excluded or otherwise not counted.

Why it matters:
  (1)  Hillary won the popular vote by 2%.  That 3% CBS "error" can swing the popular vote in a Presidential election.
  (2)  The National Popular Vote Coalition almost has the electoral votes necessary to override the electoral college.  Their goal is to FORCE the country to give the win to whichever candidate wins the popular vote nationally.  The coalition's states will cast their electoral votes for that candidate once they have enough states in agreement to guarantee victory: 270 electoral votes.  In essence, no matter who those states' voters wanted for president, the coalition will "pool" their votes for whoever THE NATIONAL MAJORITY voted for.  Their hope is that CA, NY, IL and other huge population centers can carry the popular vote in every presidential election, thereby quashing the votes of smaller states.  What they don't get is, once the rules change, so will the campaign strategies.  Every candidate will be campaigning in those big states to win the popular vote, not just in swing states.  They won't have to win the state's election.  They just have to win enough votes to put them over the top when added to all the smaller states that voted for them.  I guarantee the first time a Republican wins election because they won the popular vote -- but NOT the electoral college -- the Dems will be calling to abolish this stupid coalition.
-- Melvin Udall

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
CBS did a "test/survey" by mailing in ballots for a mock election.

Results:  3% of the ballots were lost, stolen, excluded or otherwise not counted.
I've always wondered about this and have delivered my ballot.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 09:59:00 PM »
I would expect a big change in state boarders and possible secession's.
If you have seen what rural Oregon is petitioning for,  to join Idaho, it is significant.
If Biden gets elected, I'd expect a rise of "City states" as us rural people cease to serve
those cities as it is no longer in our best interest to do so.
I think my Island could do just fine without Honolulu.
Jones act and Young brothers is the reason most everything comes through Honolulu.
My Diesel comes from Canada,  Most all the Oahu refinery diesel is
used to generate electricity.
Much of my gasoline comes from a port in California.
Other than some fuel I don't need a damned thing from Honolulu.
So why should I pay you taxes?
Once we start to Balkanize it will be unstoppable.
My island is named Hawaii, the rest of the islands should be named
The state of Honolulu.

People talk about such things but I just don't see it (in the near future) of ever getting enough steam to happen. Look at the petition to split California into 3 states, it had a decent amount of support and failed.