Masaad Ayoob DFI course poll (Read 7068 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masaad Ayoob DFI course poll
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2020, 09:38:42 AM »
The attendee is going to get a better value based on number of class attendance?  ???

:

Yup. Makes it easier to ask questions and whatnot.

drck1000

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2020, 09:55:01 AM »
Yup. Makes it easier to ask questions and whatnot.
Yeah, I can see that. However, through experience it trying to get instructors to come to Hawaii (shooting, medical, etc), 5:1 ratio is not really feasible. I mean I guess in theory, but not reality. Unless you can get someone or a group to sponsor all or a majority of the cost.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
Yeah, I can see that. However, through experience it trying to get instructors to come to Hawaii (shooting, medical, etc), 5:1 ratio is not really feasible. I mean I guess in theory, but not reality. Unless you can get someone or a group to sponsor all or a majority of the cost.

Yep.  Just getting enough tuition-paying students to cover airfare, hotel and rental car will be difficult.  Then you have to compensate the instructors (I'm sure he's not going to be here alone) for their time.

Out of that comes taxes, Medicare, and other payroll deductions, not to mention any overhead cost for administration personnel.  Not everyone has time to set up their own travel plans and do all the planning when they are busy lecturing and preparing course materials.

Big picture ....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »

Agreed. I just threw out a number. I would actually expect at least a 10:1 ratio. If you start going over 20:1 I think the quality of education suffers.

zippz

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2020, 07:57:09 AM »
This is more akin to a law school course.  Not quite up to that level but getting close to it.  Law school at UH costs about $6,000 per 40 hour class.  So $1,200 is a pretty good deal if you look at it that way.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2020, 08:04:27 PM »
This is more akin to a law school course.  Not quite up to that level but getting close to it.  Law school at UH costs about $6,000 per 40 hour class.  So $1,200 is a pretty good deal if you look at it that way.

I wonder though, what legal weight does his courses cary though? So say you get a course graduate certificate, what weight does that carry, who recognizes it, etc? I know that in and of itself it doesn't make you an expert witness in court.