Gun Pic or Gun Related Pix Thread (Read 777935 times)

Alex Europa

Re: Gun Pic or Gun Related Pix Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 11:15:28 PM »
How much was that rifle PB?

A little over $1400.00

Not a bad price for a Gas Piston AR... :thumbsup:

- Alex
Americans don't retreat...they reload!

"It's just natural to want to shoot someone when you don't agree with them" - Joan Peterson, Million Mom March Chapters’ national representative to the Board of Directors of the Brady Campaign

vooduchikn

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »
How much was that rifle PB?

A little over $1400.00

Not a bad price for a Gas Piston AR... :thumbsup:

- Alex
Looks to be that SIG has a version of the AP red dot. Good price on that rifle. I love my AP.
Relax, I've banned myself..

nf9648

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 11:47:01 PM »
Nice! The rifle I'm building (I'm working from the bottom up) will also have a 14.5" barrel, but I'm going with a mid-length gas tube. 

What brand barrel did you decide to go with? Where did you get it from? Since it's a 14.5" barrel and we live in HI, I'm assuming you're going to pin a flash suppressor to it for the time being and then use the NFA trust after you leave...?

- Alex

Its a Colt M4A1 barrel, manufactured 07-10; I dont even have the gun it will go on yet so itll sit in the box and get packed away with household goods later this month. 

nf9648, sounds like a fun build to say the least. Are you off island already?

Next week, Im out.  Im gonna do two uppers for the one lower; the M4A1 upper with this barrel and a MK18 upper from Daniel Defense, both setup for a KAC QDSS-NT4.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:05:35 AM by nf9648 »

Alex Europa

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
EDIT: I'm an utter failure...why can't I manage to get my pictures to post? This is the second time I've had this issue. 2a...help!  :wtf:

Stage 1: Complete.

Those of you who pay closer attention to detail will notice that the KNS pins didn't make it onto the receiver. Turns out that Bill Geissele himself states that the KNS pins are not needed with his triggers. I've even read in one forum that they can void the warranty of some Geissele triggers. (On that note: Anyone want to buy a highly discounted brand new set of Gen2 Mod2 Anti-Rotation Pins?  :rofl:)

Once I get all of the parts for the upper and put it together, it's gonna get a nice coat of Krylon...I have a plan on how to keep the magwell engraving and Safe/Fire painting intact after the spray paint...time will tell if it works.

- Alex
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:28:04 PM by 2aHawaii »

"It's just natural to want to shoot someone when you don't agree with them" - Joan Peterson, Million Mom March Chapters’ national representative to the Board of Directors of the Brady Campaign

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
Flickr is a little different with its pics. The page you are linking to is just the page and not the actual picture. To find the link for the pic, click on the link that says "Share This" then "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Choose BBCode and choose the size you want then paste that code over here.

Hope that helps.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Dregs

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »
Oh my. I've been slowly going OD on my AR. I just installed the Stark 2 with the hook sling attached. Opted for the MOE stock instead of the CTR cuz I'm broke lol. And waiting on OD pmags w/window. Just have to get OD handguards and perhaps foregrip lol.

Very nice looking build man! Hope ya get the upper done too!

Deeeeviant

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
It's coming together nicely man. I like that Molon lower. Now for your upper!

Alex Europa

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 05:41:49 AM »
Oh my. I've been slowly going OD on my AR. I just installed the Stark 2 with the hook sling attached. Opted for the MOE stock instead of the CTR cuz I'm broke lol. And waiting on OD pmags w/window. Just have to get OD handguards and perhaps foregrip lol.

Very nice looking build man! Hope ya get the upper done too!

Haha, they're gonna be like long-lost brothers. That's pretty cool that you went with the Stark-I love the feel of mine (although time will tell if I like the way it shoots). If you look closely, you can see that I stippled the crap out of the grip; HUGE difference, something that I would recommend everyone do. I went really aggressive, but even a much more mild stipple job would be a big improvement. The only downside is that it takes forever: I spent like 4 hours between doing my Magpul AFG and the Stark grip...my wrist was crazy sore the next day. LOL!

- Alex

Dregs

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »

Got my moe stock and pmags ordered with the sniper'shide magpul group buy. Should be in mid december.

Then I have to order a milspec buffer tube and castle nut wrench. and I should be able to do it at home.

I'm LOVING this grip so far. It's really solid and I appreciate the less dramatic angle of it;  fits me perfectly.

EDIT
Just noticed the stipling. That looks tedious. lol.

Old Guy

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:17 AM »
Another Beretta, this time a Stainless 96 Brigadier,  40 SW,
Improved slide, with Beretta Walnut grips

Other side

Heavies

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
Wow! That is NICE! ;D

tony50ae

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
Not the best picture but its my latest aquisition.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dregs

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »
Another Beretta, this time a Stainless 96 Brigadier,  40 SW,
Improved slide, with Beretta Walnut grips

Other side

WOW I am definitely jealous! That looks downright sexy with the yellow markings with the SS base and even the red dot safety indicator. WANT!

Old Guy

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
Thanks, the yellow is Hi Vis enamal paint.

Clean gun, add paint, let dry and wipe off overage with solvent dipped cloth

Take care Not to take filled portion too.  It's something that has to be done  often to get right.

Wife and I Prefer gold filled but kinda $ if you can find someone to do it.

We like our guns to look as good as they shoot.

Funtimes

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

Glock 22 by hawaiiccw, on Flickr

itwasntme

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
Just trying to add to the 1911 goodness!  :shaka:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

bushmasta55

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • "Drop your weapons!" "Come and take them!"
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
Taken it back old school 1903A3

Some of the markings:

Old Guy

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »
bushmasta55, was there a number on the front of the barrel?

Just wondering.  It may have been made with some left over National Match barrels.

Is ti 2 groove or 4 groove? 

bushmasta55

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • "Drop your weapons!" "Come and take them!"
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
Old Guy,

The marking on the barrel are RA, ordnance bomb, and 3-43.  I'm guessing that 3-43 stands for March 1943, again I'm guessing its a 4 groove not to sure.  I'll check on it and I'll let u know.

BananaClip

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 10:44:59 PM »
Nothing like Old Skool! Nice 1903!
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"